Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Score Prediction vs Falcons

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 06:07 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(09-28-2023, 06:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Atlanta 34
Baguars 17

The return of the legends, the baguars

(09-28-2023, 11:13 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I am very surprised at how many on this Board are already talking gloom and doom. The season is only 3 weeks in and I trust Pederson will get the team to rebound beginning this week. While I never believed that this team had a good enough offensive line and pass rush to defeat the top teams in the AFC, they still should be good enough to win the weak AFC South.

Baalke really messed up by not sufficiently addressing these 2 weak spots in the off-season. Unless he (or a new G.M.) focuses on these positions during the off-season, the Jaguars may permanently waste the good fortune of being able to draft Trevor Lawrence.

We have a ton of casual fans in duval. While, yes the texans loss hurt.. it wasnt like we flat out got dominated in either loss. A few silly mistakes go our way and we would be 3-0 right now. I dont think its panic time just yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2023, 11:13 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I am very surprised at how many on this Board are already talking gloom and doom. The season is only 3 weeks in and I trust Pederson will get the team to rebound beginning this week. While I never believed that this team had a good enough offensive line and pass rush to defeat the top teams in the AFC, they still should be good enough to win the weak AFC South.

Baalke really messed up by not sufficiently addressing these 2 weak spots in the off-season. Unless he (or a new G.M.) focuses on these positions during the off-season, the Jaguars may permanently waste the good fortune of being able to draft Trevor Lawrence.

Prior experience with this team tends to make one bitterly pessimistic.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Ima pull up for both.

Jags. 21
Falcons. 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Jaguars 27
Falcons 17

(09-28-2023, 07:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Prior experience with this team tends to make one bitterly pessimistic.

I would rephrase that to suspicious of success.  Predictably it has bred a mind set among some that being first to foretell the downfall wins some weird game.   If Baalkie and Peterson can put together a bit of a multiyear run some of that will fade. (hopefully)

As for the game... Tied at 17-17 Desmond Ridder will throw a check down getting the Falcons on the border of FG range as time expires. The Atlanta Head coach will successfully argue his receiver was out of bounds with 1 second on the clock. Replay will agree and the Falcons will attempt a long FG.  The Atlanta kicker will be short and Agnew will run the ball back for a TD.  Jags 23 Atlanta 17.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Jags 30
Falcons 13

Jags 9
Falcons 6

If this team goes to 1-3, it's going to get real ugly.

(09-28-2023, 09:27 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: If this team goes to 1-3, it's going to get real ugly.

If we go back to back losing to Houston and Atlanta, i'd not have much hope for the season. Not to say they couldnt turn it around after only 4 games but it would be ugly.

(09-28-2023, 09:27 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: If this team goes to 1-3, it's going to get real ugly.

If we go 0-2 in London then it will be really ugly.   We need to go 1-1 in London at the very least.  If we can just beat Atlanta then we are back at .500.

Well said. The doom and gloom of the last 2 weeks feels a bit over the top, especially when you look at how last season  panned out. Sadly there seems to be a SB or #1 pick attitude for some fans. If we can't be competing for a SB then tank and get a high draft pick, nothing in-between. 

I get that being a Jags fan for a long time makes you instantly jaded but this isn't the same old Jags. We have talent, a good HC and a much better culture than those terrible years.

(09-28-2023, 10:24 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

If we go back to back losing to Houston and Atlanta, i'd not have much hope for the season. Not to say they couldnt turn it around after only 4 games but it would be ugly.

If we go 1-3 get out the popcorn

Jags put a full game together in London.

Jags 31
Falcons 13

Trevor has 3 TD passes including 2 to Ridley.

Jaguars boot stomp the falcons - 34 - 13

We need that 2-2 feeling around here.

(09-29-2023, 08:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: We need that 2-2 feeling around here.

Yeah...  But we should be 2-1 going into this game.  Losing to Houston has shook the entire fanbase.  As well it should.  Losing to Houston is unacceptable.  They had backups on the O-Line and we were supposed to be a AFC Championship contender.

We let a Full Back Score a Kick Return TD while some of our best secondary players loafed and watched him score a TD after we got the game back to just 7 points.  

This team needs to prove they are legit.  Until then, this coach, this QB, these WRs, this Defense, they are all bums just like every other same ole JAGS we have suffered through.  It's time to just accept the suck that is probably gonna happen.  

Unless Trevor Lawrence is a true Hall of Fame QB, this is about to be 2018 all over again.

(09-29-2023, 08:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: We need that 2-2 feeling around here.

That's exactly what we need.  If we can put together a full team win and get some confidence going into the Buf. game that would be huge

What we really need is for Trevor to overcome the issues this offense has to the best of his ability and put together 2-3 dominate performances to not only keep our season alive, but to get his confidence up.

(09-29-2023, 10:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: What we really need is for Trevor to overcome the issues this offense has to the best of his ability and put together 2-3 dominate performances to not only keep our season alive, but to get his confidence up.
It's a two way street. Ridley has to catch dimes being tossed in his direction. Especially TD's. Agnew has to stop putting it on the ground.

Doesn't matter how nice your car is. It simply will not move without any fuel. He cannot do this on his own.

I am sure the play calling will adjust to make it easier on everybody, however, it's been a let down that this staff has trusted these guys with bigger opportunities to expand and they're collectively failing.

Lawrence will have his up's and down's. As most QBs do. They touch the football more than anybody and have to serve as the team's punching bag.

With that said? He's been this teams least concerning aspect since the 2nd half of last year. Guys need to execute and do their [BLEEP] jobs around him when he's executing.

He's a humble kid. I haven't seen him nor expect to see him rip into his teammates for sucking [BLEEP] out there around him. But, can't say I wouldn't hate seeing him grab Ridley, Agnew or his lineman by the facemask after a [BLEEP] up to let them know they need to get their [BLEEP] together.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."