Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Falcons Gameday***

(10-01-2023, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:18 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: CAM IS BACK!!!!! 

Finished 2-2 without or starting LT.  Hopefully the OLine is getting healthy.

Walker Little is our starting left tackle.

We can only hope.  Would love to see 

Little-Cam-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2023, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:18 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: CAM IS BACK!!!!! 

Finished 2-2 without or starting LT.  Hopefully the OLine is getting healthy.

Walker Little is our starting left tackle.

He will be next season.

I expect them to move Walker to LG just to shore up the blocking.    Fortner needs the interior help.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Cam can come back and Tugboat as well.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-01-2023, 12:26 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Walker Little is our starting left tackle.

He will be next season.

I expect them to move Walker to LG just to shore up the blocking.    Fortner needs the interior help.
That's what I expect happens. Cam at Tackle and Little at LG should solidify that side of the line nicely and allows them to focus additional protection on the right a bit. That seems like the most likely and smartest all around move for the rest of this season.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(10-01-2023, 12:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:16 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Defense has been all we could have really hoped for.  Can't expect to shut people out every week.  The offense needs to be the offense we thought we had and saw in preseason and at the end of last year.

Outside of the tinhorns debacle, this defense has done everything we sort have expected - basically levels up from scrappy but mostly bad to good average level play with some bright moments

Everyone wanted a nickel acquired and more pass rushers added, and those are still exactly what we need to hit the next level, but with what we have - it has only looked bad one week
True. It will be put to the test again this Sunday with Buffalo to contest with.

We really need Hamilton and Smoot back in the rotation.

We're not getting anything out of Walker outside of run defense and Abdullah has been blanketed out there. Chaisson is also a here and there presence.

I am mostly looking forward to Antonio Johnson getting back.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 12:33 PM by Khan Artist.)

(10-01-2023, 12:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Outside of the tinhorns debacle, this defense has done everything we sort have expected - basically levels up from scrappy but mostly bad to good average level play with some bright moments

Everyone wanted a nickel acquired and more pass rushers added, and those are still exactly what we need to hit the next level, but with what we have - it has only looked bad one week
True. It will be put to the test again this Sunday with Buffalo to contest with.

We're not getting anything out of Walker outside of run defense and Abdullah has been blanketed out there. Chaisson is also a here and there presence.

I think we really, really miss Hamilton.  Once he and Smooth return I expect us to improve.

(10-01-2023, 12:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:17 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: F... him.

He went for the big bucks.   He's happy.

He's nearing the end of his career. He's trying to bank extra cash. Most would.

Iirc, he hated playing in a 3-4 in Arizona, so that also may have been a factor.

(10-01-2023, 12:31 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: True. It will be put to the test again this Sunday with Buffalo to contest with.

I think we really, really miss Hamilton.  Once he and Smooth return I expect us to improve.

Hamilton isn't coming back any time soon.

That was a good morning watch.

Time for the Steelers to step up and beat the Texans. Going to listen to that game online.

Stupid Los Angeles TV schedule. WE only get the Rams vs. the Colts and Raiders vs. Chargers this afternoon.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Ngl pleased with the win. Love Ws but the offense is still so scuffed. I know they have a good D in atl bit we should have dropped 30 on them. Ggs

(10-01-2023, 12:35 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Ngl pleased with the win. Love Ws but the offense is still so scuffed. I know they have a good D in atl bit we should have dropped 30 on them. Ggs
We should have taken the 3 from Cisco's pick. Make it 26 points on the day. The offense is reverting to short, quick plays and Lawrence has to be perfect. All because the line play cannot hold up well enough in the interior.

Buffalo is fixing to eat our lunch next Sunday and take our lunch money for the following week. We lost due to lack of execution against the Chiefs. We're just going to get executed by the Bills.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote: This line needs something, though.

Especially the interior.  Shatley and Scherff make way too many mistakes.

Shatley? Or Fortner?
Shat was way better than Bartch today. Fortner and Scherff still weren't great.
Harrison also still got some rookie moments.

There was one play in the 2nd Quarter where Shatley just absolutely stood around and watched as a line backer ran right at Lawrence.  It wasn't even a whiff, because a whiff would imply that he made an attempt.  He litterally was just standing there, no blocking anyone...  

But yeah, Fortner has not progressed like I thought he would from last year to this year.  

With that said, the o-line has moments where they are good at protection.  But, it's like 60% good and 40% bad.  That's just too inconsistent and is a large reason Lawrence is missing some open reacievers or rushing is throws.

Next up bills

(10-01-2023, 12:41 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: Shatley? Or Fortner?
Shat was way better than Bartch today. Fortner and Scherff still weren't great.
Harrison also still got some rookie moments.

There was one play in the 2nd Quarter where Shatley just absolutely stood around and watched as a line backer ran right at Lawrence.  It wasn't even a whiff, because a whiff would imply that he made an attempt.  He litterally was just standing there, no blocking anyone...  

But yeah, Fortner has not progressed like I thought he would from last year to this year.  

With that said, the o-line has moments where they are good at protection.  But, it's like 60% good and 40% bad.  That's just too inconsistent and is a large reason Lawrence is missing some open reacievers or rushing is throws.

Yet you bleated about needing more deep shots all week long

LOL

How many times do you think Trevor took a hard hit the past three weeks due to bad protection?

(10-01-2023, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:41 PM)carp8dm Wrote: There was one play in the 2nd Quarter where Shatley just absolutely stood around and watched as a line backer ran right at Lawrence.  It wasn't even a whiff, because a whiff would imply that he made an attempt.  He litterally was just standing there, no blocking anyone...  

Yet you bleated about needing more deep shots all week long

LOL

How many times do you think Trevor took a hard hit the past three weeks due to bad protection?

Show me where I said the OLine was doing well?

You create a weird narrative in your head and then you just stick with it.  There were also many times where trevor had time to throw and didn't get touched.  Why not have a WR running a go route most plays and let Trevor make the read?

This offense scored 13 points today.  One time we got into the red zone and came away with 0 points.  Is that all on the O-Line?  Is it the O-Line that said to go for it?  Is it the O-Line that loves to bunch the recievers instead of spreading the field out?  Is it the O-Line that is calling worlthless bubble screens that don't work?

You're ridiculous, man.  Are you Press Taylor's grandfather or something?  I've never seen a bigger fan boy of a more mediocre coach.

I do like the idea of Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison as the starting O-line. Gotta shore up the interior to open some lanes for ETN and give Lawrence more than 1.5 seconds to throw.

Can we have a ceasefire and enjoy the win for one day?

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I do like the idea of Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison as the starting O-line.  Gotta shore up the interior to open some lanes for ETN and give Lawrence more than 1.5 seconds to throw.

I don't know how much Scherff I could watch.  I mean, why not give Fourtner a try at Guard and bench Scherff?

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 12:57 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can we have a ceasefire and enjoy the win for one day?

I want to. I work early the next three days. Coming back from a week off in Bradenton, FL on vacation. Glad we got the win. I thought it would have been closer. 23 - 20 so I'll take the 23 - 7 win today.

That's a great margin of victory for any NFL contest and it was technically against a 2 - 1 football team with undoubtedly the offensive rookie of the year on their roster in Bijan Robinson who also had his moments today showcasing why he's on pace to earn that title.

I don't expect us to beat Buffalo. Unless something devastating happens to some of their key contributors today against the Dolphins, but, I'll enjoy the week. I'll probably be laying low though until Thursday personally when I am back on my normal work hours. Cheers though!

(10-01-2023, 12:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yet you bleated about needing more deep shots all week long

LOL

Show me where I said the OLine was doing well?

You create a weird narrative in your head and then you just stick with it.  There were also many times where trevor had time to throw and didn't get touched.  Why not have a WR running a go route most plays and let Trevor make the read?

This offense scored 13 points today.  One time we got into the red zone and came away with 0 points.  Is that all on the O-Line?  Is it the O-Line that said to go for it?  Is it the O-Line that loves to bunch the recievers instead of spreading the field out?  Is it the O-Line that is calling worlthless bubble screens that don't work?

You're ridiculous, man.  Are you Press Taylor's grandfather or something?  I've never seen a bigger fan boy of a more mediocre coach.

I'm completely neutral above Taylor's play calling
I'm not impressed, nor am I bothered by it more than a few calls per game (which is kind-of a normal thing for fans IMO) 

I'm just reasserting that it is silly to call for more deep shots for a week straight in 17 posts when the line is not protecting and the QB is getting clobbered on half (or even more than half today) of those deep shots attempted.  

Sorry - I thought today's game may have crystalized that reality for you
I was wrong 

I'll just leave you alone since you're so offended

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can we have a ceasefire and enjoy the win for one day?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I've got so many receipts to log in my expense report

(10-01-2023, 12:55 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I do like the idea of Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison as the starting O-line.  Gotta shore up the interior to open some lanes for ETN and give Lawrence more than 1.5 seconds to throw.

I don't know how much Scherff I could watch.  I mean, why not give Fourtner a try at Guard and bench Scherff?

That's a very real possibility. The change up started this week with Shatley over Bartch at LG. If Robinson comes back and is for whatever goofy reason inserted at LT? I cannot imagine you're letting Little sit on the bench. So, he'll probably be forced into the LG slot. This then puts the team in an interesting situation with Fortner and Scherff.

You could probably pop Shatley in at Center and Fortner over at Right Guard. Fortner actually played right guard in college for three or four years. Again, he was just a one year starter at Center as a 5th year senior for Kentucky. Some folks are not aware of that but it explains why he's struggled more than others as a rookie and 2nd year player.