Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen with a monster game

(10-01-2023, 05:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish I knew, but I largely feel the same you you do about him. 

The unpredictable pattern of his good and less-than-good performances is a mystery to me. 

Pinpointing his motivation prior to and following getting paid is equally tough. You want to believe he's worth a big payday, but the inconsistency is gonna make it tough

You give Allen a respectable offer.  It would be nice to keep him, but he hasn't shown enough that he's a consistent game changer.  Hell, we let Yannick walk, and he had way more influence on games than Allen ever had.

Besides that Bills game a couple years ago, Allen is just a mid level dude.  He's worth keeping at a mid level 2nd contract.  The player on defense you give the bag to is that #23 guy.  Oluokan.  That guy is the freakin' real deal.  Why over spend on Allen who, while having flashes of greatness, will go invisible of weeks at a time?

Try to resign him.   Yes.  He absolutely deserves a second contract.  But I wouldn't pay him more than 8 or 9 million a year.  He's making 5 mill now.  So that would be a pay raise.  But if he wants to go get more money, let him.  He's not worth more than that.  Giving him 10-13 million a year or more would kill our ability to re-sign players that really do make a difference...  Like Oluokan.

Edit:  I made sure to spell Oluokan correctly, unlike Treyvaughn Walker.  One player deserves respect on their name.  The other...  Still needs to prove some things.

You really don't understand how the NFL works, do you?  Allen is getting over 10 minimum from someone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2023, 03:42 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...98342?s=20

Allen had a really good rookie year and he is off to a fantastic start this season. What happened to him after that rookie year? Is his performance so far due to him wanting to get paid in FA?? Will he be a dominate force once he does get paid or fade into mediocrity??

Totally dominates in some games and then almost disappears in others. He is truly an enigma to me.

Totally agree.  Keep in mind that first year he had Campbell, Ngakoue, and Dareus playing alongside him.  Will he now disappear for two weeks?

You tag him at the minimum.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 08:35 PM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

One of his sacks was basically gift wrapped for him and imo should be split with him and Herndon. One other sack was a coverage sack and the interior oline had good push.

His only real truly earned one was the strip, err sack.

He still has to show a lot more imo to warrant 20 mil a year.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 06:38 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Allen has always been just about the only good player on these jags defenses. (Rebuilding years) Now he has help. Plus a chance to play with leads. It all adds up to good things. They should move Walker around some. He’s getting owned by tackles

(10-01-2023, 06:23 PM)surfon Wrote: One of his sacks was basically gift wrapped for him and imo should be split with him and Herndon.  One other sack wes a coverage sack and the interior oline had goid push. 

I like Josh Allen but there's no way I'd give him 15m+ a year.

He's a priority signing in my eyes but within reason.

Josh is getting 20 from someone. But I’d tag him. Show me again.

(10-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You tag him at the minimum.

Yea stiill 20 mil a year.  This years de tag 19.7 mil

(10-01-2023, 06:54 PM)surfon Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You tag him at the minimum.

Yea stiill 20 mil a year.  This years de tag 19.7 mil
Would you rather pay Allen $20M on the year or Robinson at LT $20M on the year?

Because that's what Robinson is getting this year. He'll be gone in the off season. Should help with cap space. Would add Jenkins at safety as well.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Josh Sackllen

(10-01-2023, 06:23 PM)surfon Wrote: One of his sacks was basically gift wrapped for him and imo should be split with him and Herndon.  One other sack wes a coverage sack and the interior oline had goid push. 

this guy watched the game

let's see what he does vs the bills, if he vanishes then well we know it's the same guy they drafted

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 07:38 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

I don’t give a blue monkey jack rabbit heck how you get sacks, just get them. It changes the entire game. Bottom line bidness boys.

Dude is leading the NFL in sacks heading into week 5

1. Josh Allen - 6
1. TJ Watt - 6
3. Myles Garrett - 5.5
4. D. Hunter - 5
5. M. Parsons - 4
5. M. Judon - 4

This is RARE for Jaguars fans. It ain’t my fault it was against Richardson and Ridder. You get ‘em where you get em. Allen still lined up and beat the LT’s.

(10-01-2023, 07:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t give a blue monkey jack rabbit heck how you get sacks, just get them. It changes the entire game. Bottom line bidness boys.

1. Josh Allen - 6
1. TJ Watt - 6
3. Myles Garrett - 5.5
4. D. Hunter - 5
5. M. Parsons - 4
5. M. Judon - 4

This is RARE for Jaguars fans. It ain’t my fault it was against Richardson and Ridder. You get ‘em where you get em. Allen still lined up and beat the LT’s.

Mack had 6 sacks today

(10-01-2023, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 07:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t give a blue monkey jack rabbit heck how you get sacks, just get them. It changes the entire game. Bottom line bidness boys.

1. Josh Allen - 6
1. TJ Watt - 6
3. Myles Garrett - 5.5
4. D. Hunter - 5
5. M. Parsons - 4
5. M. Judon - 4

Mack had 6 sacks today

WHAT

(10-01-2023, 08:12 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mack had 6 sacks today

WHAT

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...gr%5Etweet

(10-01-2023, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 08:12 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: WHAT

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...gr%5Etweet
The return of the Mack. I forgot he still played. He was a monster of the midway for a moment with the Bears.

(10-01-2023, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:42 PM)wg171 Wrote: Allen had a really good rookie year and he is off to a fantastic start this season. What happened to him after that rookie year? Is his performance so far due to him wanting to get paid in FA?? Will he be a dominate force once he does get paid or fade into mediocrity??

Totally dominates in some games and then almost disappears in others. He is truly an enigma to me.

I wish I knew, but I largely feel the same you you do about him. 

The unpredictable pattern of his good and less-than-good performances is a mystery to me. 

Pinpointing his motivation prior to and following getting paid is equally tough. You want to believe he's worth a big payday, but the inconsistency is gonna make it tough

My thoughts exactly. The guy had a great game and I hope he keeps it up but even when he has these great games he usually doesn’t apply consistent pressure, sometimes that’s more important than the sacks themselves.

This guy saying offer Allen 9 mil…lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

6 sacks in a game is insane. I recall CC having 4 or 5

As for those of you saying you wouldn’t pay over $10 mil per season. Y’all are crazy. Any decent DE looking to get an extension this offseason is going to start the negotiations with Bosa’s new deal for reference. A deal which averages out $34 mil per season. Now I don’t think Allen will resign for that type of money, but considering he’s having a great year so far if he finishes with 12-15 sacks, someone is going to overpay. Would be great if we can resign the guy but for what it’s going to cost it just isn’t worth it. Good teams know who to extend and not to extend. I’m afraid if we do resign Allen at a crazy contract we will regret the move a few years into the future.