Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

Right now, on paper and pre draft? The tinhorns have a tough 2024 ahead of them.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...CSvCw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:31 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

Divisional champions, Divisional champion problems. Wink  

The schedule does look pretty intimidating as of right now.  Playing the AFC East as opposed to the North looks slightly easier.  Playing the NFC North as opposed to the South looks slightly difficult.  And of course, you'll have to play the best teams in the other divisions...which definitely looks scary.  The good news, of course, is that NFL is an unpredictable league...on average only half of the teams return to the playoff each year.  (Of course the Texans are in that list.)

At the end of the day, you have to hope that you've done well enough in the off-season and draft to improve your team to make headway in the league standings.  And right up there, is to stay healthy enough throughout the season to let the carefully crafted roster to perform together, as opposed to opening up a huge exploitable hole.

Figured I'd throw this in hear as well, and I truly mean it with no insult to the Jaguars.  But the fact that I've seen the media and this message board claim so many times that the Jags had "won the offseason," only to see that it wasn't reflected in the upcoming season, has me legitimately nervous for the Texans in 2024--with all the media predicting a very similar thing.  I'm only slightly superstitious, but I do feel like I should sacrifice a chicken, throw some salt over my left shoulder, and perform some crazy dance to ward off the hex (though I really don't know the steps.)

PS. The draft capital is slightly above where it should be (in terms of record) as the Texans finished 27th in the league.  This was due to the Texans trading their own pick as opposed to the Browns pick in the Will Anderson trade.

Unforttanttly texans have something jags haven't  ever had n  thier entire exstince. a elite franchise qb.     al ljags have ever had  is qbs,still to this day don't have a elite franchise qb.   the texans have a elite franchise qb in stoud unforttanttly for jags,and  us fans.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 01:43 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

Texans just resigned the greatest special teams player in the league, Dare Ogunbowale!  Not only does does he tackle but, he's a fantastic backup kicker. Wink  Something that gets overlooked last year is how good the Texans special teams last year, ranked #1 by many.  With the new kicking rule, I feel like special teams will be even more important in 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVrRYe_eRjA

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 08:13 AM by Mikey.)

(04-19-2024, 12:29 PM)cland Wrote: Divisional champions, Divisional champion problems. Wink  

The schedule does look pretty intimidating as of right now.  Playing the AFC East as opposed to the North looks slightly easier.  Playing the NFC North as opposed to the South looks slightly difficult.  And of course, you'll have to play the best teams in the other divisions...which definitely looks scary.  The good news, of course, is that NFL is an unpredictable league...on average only half of the teams return to the playoff each year.  (Of course the Texans are in that list.)

At the end of the day, you have to hope that you've done well enough in the off-season and draft to improve your team to make headway in the league standings.  And right up there, is to stay healthy enough throughout the season to let the carefully crafted roster to perform together, as opposed to opening up a huge exploitable hole.

Figured I'd throw this in hear as well, and I truly mean it with no insult to the Jaguars.  But the fact that I've seen the media and this message board claim so many times that the Jags had "won the offseason," only to see that it wasn't reflected in the upcoming season, has me legitimately nervous for the Texans in 2024--with all the media predicting a very similar thing.  I'm only slightly superstitious, but I do feel like I should sacrifice a chicken, throw some salt over my left shoulder, and perform some crazy dance to ward off the hex (though I really don't know the steps.)

PS. The draft capital is slightly above where it should be (in terms of record) as the Texans finished 27th in the league.  This was due to the Texans trading their own pick as opposed to the Browns pick in the Will Anderson trade.

There's a ginormous difference between winning the offseason and winning the darft.

Teams that overspend in FA are often labeled as the winners, but usually that's not a recipe for long-term success.

(04-19-2024, 09:31 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Unforttanttly texans have something jags haven't  ever had n  thier entire exstince. a elite franchise qb.     al ljags have ever had  is qbs,still to this day don't have a elite franchise qb.   the texans have a elite franchise qb in stoud unforttanttly for jags,and  us fans.

It's been one season, dude. Let that pot simmer a spell.

(04-21-2024, 01:42 PM)cland Wrote: Texans just resigned the greatest special teams player in the league, Dare Ogunbowale!  Not only does does he tackle but, he's a fantastic backup kicker. Wink  Something that gets overlooked last year is how good the Texans special teams last year, ranked #1 by many.  With the new kicking rule, I feel like special teams will be even more important in 2024.

What was the final score in that game? Just wondering, as the post looks like TB had 30 points. Was the Texans defense that bad last season? I don't follow football as much as I used to ... Maybe watch 20 to 25 games now, didn't even stay awake for the SB. What a new life I have from many years ago.

(04-24-2024, 06:41 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 01:42 PM)cland Wrote: Texans just resigned the greatest special teams player in the league, Dare Ogunbowale!  Not only does does he tackle but, he's a fantastic backup kicker. Wink  Something that gets overlooked last year is how good the Texans special teams last year, ranked #1 by many.  With the new kicking rule, I feel like special teams will be even more important in 2024.

What was the final score in that game? Just wondering, as the post looks like TB had 30 points. Was the Texans defense that bad last season? I don't follow football as much as I used to ... Maybe watch 20 to 25 games now, didn't even stay awake for the SB. What a new life I have from many years ago.

Texans won that game 39-37.  Drove the Texans 75 yards in 46 secs. to win the game with 6 secs left on the clock with a TD pass to Tank Dell.   Stroud set a rookie record with 470 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs.  It was a shootout.  Neither the Texans nor the Bucs defense were as bad as the score indicated.  Sometimes, there are shootouts in the NFL.

(04-24-2024, 07:39 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 06:41 PM)Sammy Wrote: What was the final score in that game? Just wondering, as the post looks like TB had 30 points. Was the Texans defense that bad last season? I don't follow football as much as I used to ... Maybe watch 20 to 25 games now, didn't even stay awake for the SB. What a new life I have from many years ago.

Texans won that game 39-37.  Drove the Texans 75 yards in 46 secs. to win the game with 6 secs left on the clock with a TD pass to Tank Dell.   Stroud set a rookie record with 470 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs.  It was a shootout.  Neither the Texans nor the Bucs defense were as bad as the score indicated.  Sometimes, there are shootouts in the NFL.

The Texans defense was rated at #14, so right in the middle of the pack.  They did go for 2 (because their kicker was hurt) unsuccessfully three times in the 2nd half, before Dare convinced them with his kickoffs that he was legitimately good enough to try (and make) an extra point and a short field goal (29 yards) in the 4th quarter to put them on top with 9 min left.  But Mr. Scarface was right, it was definitely a shootout.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...zPAdw&s=19

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...xxcQQ&s=19

(04-26-2024, 09:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...xxcQQ&s=19

Great pick and great fit in SF.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 11:17 AM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hehe, there's only one football CJ.

Tank Dell shot

(Yesterday, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tank Dell shot

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4004...a-shooting

Dude catches literally everything.

(4 hours ago)Mikey Wrote:

Dude catches literally everything.

LOL, now that's funny!  (Dell's injury was minimal for anyone not clicking on the link, and won't affect his return.)