Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 05:20 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-12-2024, 01:37 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 11:48 AM)cland Wrote: The Texans traded (a likely low round) pick for RB Joe Mixon. Should be a nice upgrade in running game.

As long as your O line is good, yes.  Guy isnt that good at creating his own yards.

He had almost 1400 total yards last year, and with some reasonable health the Texans Oline should be fairly strong, particularly with improvement from last year's 2 rookie OLmen.

*Edit: Pick was a conditional 7th

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 07:19 PM by cland. Edited 2 times in total.)

Now we're talking!!! Danielle Hunter - 2 years $49M

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...80371?s=20

Mixon is one of the best in the league at short yardage situations. Every time you watch him on a 3rd and 1, he gets it. He is a good complimentary back with an explosive runner who isn't good at short yard. I actually thought he would be perfect in Duval with ETN. I am sure the Texans aren't done with the RB room, and looking to add a complimentary back to Mixon, he isn't a lead back any more.

Hmm... The Texans traded their starting D tackle for a 7th, seems like something is up. 49ers Arik Armstead is rumored to be the leading candidate.

(03-13-2024, 07:47 PM)cland Wrote: Hmm... The Texans traded their starting D tackle for a 7th, seems like something is up. 49ers Arik Armstead is rumored to be the leading candidate.

Nope.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-13-2024, 07:47 PM)cland Wrote: Hmm... The Texans traded their starting D tackle for a 7th, seems like something is up. 49ers Arik Armstead is rumored to be the leading candidate.

hahaha

(03-13-2024, 04:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Mixon is one of the best in the league at short yardage situations. Every time you watch him on a 3rd and 1, he gets it. He is a good complimentary back with an explosive runner who isn't good at short yard. I actually thought he would be perfect in Duval with ETN. I am sure the Texans aren't done with the RB room, and looking to add a complimentary back to Mixon, he isn't a lead back any more.

Hes decent but he isnt close to Henry's level and the Texans are paying Mixon more than what Henry got lol

TInhorns just struck a deal with the Vikings. Trading down and picking up a future 2nd RD pick in next year's draft. Interesting.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 11:02 AM by cland.)

(03-15-2024, 10:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: TInhorns just struck a deal with the Vikings. Trading down and picking up a future 2nd RD pick in next year's draft. Interesting.

I think this trade makes sense if it lines up with the current Texans draft board. Essentially that picks from 23-42 on the Houston draft board are very similar in terms of grading, and that the decline in player value is well worth a high 2nd in next years draft.

They're also counting on the fact that Minnesota's Sam Darnold (or possibly a rookie QB that Minn would trade their 2 1st rounders to go get) won't pay off in 2024.

In terms of the "magical" draft value chart, the Texans come out ahead.

I also like that this move counters the number of veteran, short-term contracts that the Texans have made this year.  Allowing them to backfill positions with the draft...assuming, of course, that you draft well.

(03-15-2024, 10:58 AM)cland Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 10:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: TInhorns just struck a deal with the Vikings. Trading down and picking up a future 2nd RD pick in next year's draft. Interesting.

I think this trade makes sense if it lines up with the current Texans draft board. Essentially that picks from 23-42 on the Houston draft board are very similar in terms of grading, and that the decline in player value is well worth a high 2nd in next years draft.

They're also counting on the fact that Minnesota's Sam Darnold (or possibly a rookie QB that Minn would trade their 2 1st rounders to go get) won't pay off in 2024.

I also like that this move counters the number of veteran, short-term contracts that the Texans have made this year.  Allowing them to backfill positions with the draft...assuming, of course, that you draft well.

It's also early. I am not biased as much as some of our fanbase. I see a lot of folks [BLEEP] on this trade on Twitter. They may not be done for all we know. 

They could be eyeing a player to trade for. Especially if they know they're entering next year's draft already with a pair of second round picks. 

I think it's smart. Wouldn't shock me if they land a quality player or two in this draft class. They did it last year.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 12:58 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-15-2024, 11:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 10:58 AM)cland Wrote: I think this trade makes sense if it lines up with the current Texans draft board. Essentially that picks from 23-42 on the Houston draft board are very similar in terms of grading, and that the decline in player value is well worth a high 2nd in next years draft.

It's also early. I am not biased as much as some of our fanbase. I see a lot of folks [BLEEP] on this trade on Twitter. They may not be done for all we know. 

They could be eyeing a player to trade for. Especially if they know they're entering next year's draft already with a pair of second round picks. 

I think it's smart. Wouldn't shock me if they land a quality player or two in this draft class. They did it last year.

As you said, one of the things Caserio did in the last draft, was to move up and down the board throughout the draft (mostly up.)  From a top-level draft strategy, moving your draft pick is exactly how to line up BAP with team needs (assuming your getting a 'fair' deal on the trades.)  Now, that's not to say that some luck didn't play a factor, and I generally think there's more value in moving down, but what he did worked.  He took a lot of flack for giving up so much to get Will Anderson, now that he's DROY and made the pro-bowl those critics are admitting they were wrong.

From my perspective, it's nice to see that Caserio can aggressively move down, in contrast to last years draft where he moved up.  Now like anything, it could be that the player at #23 is a 10-year pro-bowler that the Texans missed out on.  But from a draft picks odds chart %50 of first rounders become starters, where as %33 percent of second rounder.  So 2 2nds vs. 1 1st is a %13 increase to the odds of getting a starter.

TLDR - This trade could be good or bad, check back in 3 years.

Stephon Diggs to the tinhorns. Think they give up a 2nd RDer in 2025 while also getting a 5th and 6th.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(04-03-2024, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Stephon Diggs to the tinhorns. Think they give up a 2nd RDer in 2025 while also getting a 5th and 6th.

Cool, so we're [BLEEP].

Baalke should take notes on how the Texans didn't just sit on their hands after winning the division.

(04-03-2024, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Stephon Diggs to the tinhorns. Think they give up a 2nd RDer in 2025 while also getting a 5th and 6th.

CB at 17 confirmed.  (I'm kidding, but am I?)

(04-03-2024, 11:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

CB at 17 confirmed.  (I'm kidding, but am I?)

I think there was always a possibility and it just grew by 10%.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2024, 11:20 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

We'll see though. Bills don't just jettison Diggs for no reason. I'm sure this has something to do with his diva-esque personality and him chastising of their franchise QB Allen on the sidelines. Be careful what you're bringing into the locker room tinhorns.

Also, he'll be 31 in November as well. He'll be in decline sooner rather than later. That's probably more of why the Bills took the dead cap hit this year and picked up a 2nd for next year. I wouldn't expect the Bills to make much noise this year as a result of this, but who knows. They seem to be posturing to take the L this year for reloading for next year and beyond.

(04-03-2024, 11:25 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Also, he'll be 31 in November as well.  He'll be in decline sooner rather than later.  That's probably more of why the Bills took the dead cap hit this year and picked up a 2nd for next year.  I wouldn't expect the Bills to make much noise this year as a result of this, but who knows.  They seem to be posturing to take the L this year for reloading for next year and beyond.

But still, the tinhorns are going to be insane this season.

(04-03-2024, 11:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 11:25 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Also, he'll be 31 in November as well.  He'll be in decline sooner rather than later.  That's probably more of why the Bills took the dead cap hit this year and picked up a 2nd for next year.  I wouldn't expect the Bills to make much noise this year as a result of this, but who knows.  They seem to be posturing to take the L this year for reloading for next year and beyond.

But still, the tinhorns are going to be insane this season.

We'll see.  Aging WR1 and RB1.  They're taking a swing for sure.  Hopefully it backfires spectacularly.

You can’t double Diggs now with Nico and Tank.

He’s gonna eat single coverage like he has his whole career.

Here we are, looking up at the Texans again