Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

with all the texans have done this off season so far, they are the team to beat in afc south.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-07-2024, 04:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: with all the texans have done this off season so far, they are the team to beat in afc south.

We’ll see.  Team chemistry is still a huge factor when it comes to talent.  Diggs has the potential to completely upset that chemistry.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-06-2024, 11:29 AM)cland Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 08:31 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: - Jaguars
- Titans
- Texans
- Colts

Yes, those are the teams in the AFC South... If that's a ranking you're going to need some justification, I'll give you the Jags at the top because of Fandom, but the Titans over the Texans?

@they gots Arden Key@

(04-08-2024, 08:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 11:29 AM)cland Wrote: Yes, those are the teams in the AFC South... If that's a ranking you're going to need some justification, I'll give you the Jags at the top because of Fandom, but the Titans over the Texans?

@they gots Arden Key@

Aah, didn't realize they got such a game changer.  Better put us below the Colts in that case, Tunsil has no chance against that guy. Tongue

copycat Wrote:We’ll see.  Team chemistry is still a huge factor when it comes to talent.  Diggs has the potential to completely upset that chemistry.

I think that potential is very small for 2024, if anything he's got to have a honeymoon year after being traded (again,) and Diggs has got to know that if he causes drama in the first year of his contract that his career is all but over.  He and Josh Allen had 2 years where they were BFFs when he arrived at Buffalo.

(04-08-2024, 11:47 AM)cland Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 08:17 AM)Mikey Wrote: @they gots Arden Key@

Aah, didn't realize they got such a game changer.  Better put us below the Colts in that case, Tunsil has no chance against that guy. Tongue

copycat Wrote:We’ll see.  Team chemistry is still a huge factor when it comes to talent.  Diggs has the potential to completely upset that chemistry.

I think that potential is very small for 2024, if anything he's got to have a honeymoon year after being traded (again,) and Diggs has got to know that if he causes drama in the first year of his contract that his career is all but over.  He and Josh Allen had 2 years where they were BFFs when he arrived at Buffalo.

Doesn't he only have 1 year now that they voided the rest of it or did he sign a different extension?

And why did Diggs and Allen have a souring in that relationship if not just simply that Father Time won the battle?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-08-2024, 01:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 11:47 AM)cland Wrote: I think that potential is very small for 2024, if anything he's got to have a honeymoon year after being traded (again,) and Diggs has got to know that if he causes drama in the first year of his contract that his career is all but over.  He and Josh Allen had 2 years where they were BFFs when he arrived at Buffalo.

Doesn't he only have 1 year now that they voided the rest of it or did he sign a different extension?

And why did Diggs and Allen have a souring in that relationship if not just simply that Father Time won the battle?

Yes, the Texans GM voided the remaining years on his contract so he's only signed through 2024.  Posted about it in another thread.

No one really knows the inside details, but I'm sure like any conflict there's probably blame on both sides.  Several reporters have pointed out that there was bickering between Allen and Diggs, like a failed marriage it all works out until it doesn't.  The immediate thing is that the Bills fired their OC midway through the season, and the new guy came in with the intent of spreading the ball around.  As one of the retired WRs said on their Youtube channel (too lazy to look up who it was,) "If an Alpha WR says he wants to be targeted less--they're lying."

The good news, was a tweet posted by Diggs brother: https://twitter.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1...6673004948
If Diggs sees that there are other big threats on the offense, hopefully that will tamp down his desire to be "over-targeted."

(04-09-2024, 10:42 AM)cland Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 01:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Doesn't he only have 1 year now that they voided the rest of it or did he sign a different extension?

Yes, the Texans GM voided the remaining years on his contract so he's only signed through 2024.  Posted about it in another thread.

No one really knows the inside details, but I'm sure like any conflict there's probably blame on both sides.  Several reporters have pointed out that there was bickering between Allen and Diggs, like a failed marriage it all works out until it doesn't.  The immediate thing is that the Bills fired their OC midway through the season, and the new guy came in with the intent of spreading the ball around.  As one of the retired WRs said on their Youtube channel (too lazy to look up who it was,) "If an Alpha WR says he wants to be targeted less--they're lying."

The good news, was a tweet posted by Diggs brother: https://twitter.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1...6673004948
If Diggs sees that there are other big threats on the offense, hopefully that will tamp down his desire to be "over-targeted."

That's not "good news" 

It's disillusion

1 year, $22 million. That looks like blowing money for the sake of blowing money.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 07:55 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-09-2024, 04:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 10:42 AM)cland Wrote: Yes, the Texans GM voided the remaining years on his contract so he's only signed through 2024.  Posted about it in another thread.

That's not "good news" 

It's disillusion

#1 Nico had 1300 yards
#2 Tank was on pace to hit 1000 yards, before his injury. (had 700)
#3 Diggs had 1180 yards

Make of that what you will.

Good grief. What a ridiculous leap.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-10-2024, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/J5_Sports1/status/17...2709824880

Haha, so many ways to respond and it's tempting to go with Trevor Lawrence's rookie numbers, but I'm sticking with Mark Twain, "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."  Wink

(04-09-2024, 07:29 PM)cland Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 04:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's not "good news" 

It's disillusion

#1 Nico had 1300 yards
#3 Diggs had 1180 yards

You had one 1000 yd receiver

Signed another aging 1000 yd receiver whose latter half of '23 was lackluster

And you've extrapolated stats from a guy who got injured

Calling that "3 number ones" is 100% homeristic disillusion 

You've got promising young talent at QB and two WR spots. 
That's what I "will to make of that"

(04-11-2024, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 07:29 PM)cland Wrote: #1 Nico had 1300 yards
#3 Diggs had 1180 yards

That comment was made by a Dallas Cowboys CB (someone who's profession is covering WRs), I simply reposted it.

(04-11-2024, 11:00 AM)cland Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You had one 1000 yd receiver

That comment was made by a Dallas Cowboys CB (someone who's profession is covering WRs), I simply reposted it.

LOL

Much more accurate to say the comment was made by a relative of one of those supposed "number ones" given the context and tone. 

Maybe you guys luck out and get great production from all three of those dudes.
More likely that Diggs has begun his decline - and it is definitely utterly ridiculous to call a diminutive guy like Dell a "number one receiver" by the classic definition of the term. Extrapolated production aside.  

And you can exclude yourself from the comment if you want but you lent it credence by calling it "good news"

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 05:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-11-2024, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 07:29 PM)cland Wrote: #1 Nico had 1300 yards
#3 Diggs had 1180 yards

cland used to be the CFO job at Enron.

I'm sure he'll somehow find a way to compute Dameon Pierce (14 games 416 yards) into a 1,000 yard RB.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 08:55 PM by cland. Edited 4 times in total.)

(04-11-2024, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 11:00 AM)cland Wrote: That comment was made by a Dallas Cowboys CB (someone who's profession is covering WRs), I simply reposted it.

LOL

Much more accurate to say the comment was made by a relative of one of those supposed "number ones" given the context and tone. 

Maybe you guys luck out and get great production from all three of those dudes.
More likely that Diggs has begun his decline - and it is definitely utterly ridiculous to call a diminutive guy like Dell a "number one receiver" by the classic definition of the term. Extrapolated production aside.  

And you can exclude yourself from the comment if you want but you lent it credence by calling it "good news"

Umm...I said it was his brother in the first post, just added detail that he is a Dallas CB.
cland Wrote:The good news, was a tweet posted by Diggs brother: https://twitter.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1...6673004948

Already replied to your "Diggs hit the father time wall." here

And yes, I (as noted in my post) extrapolated that Tank was on pace for 1000 yards, and he had actually gotten 700 yards.  By classical definition, I'm assuming your referring to a number 1 receiver as a ~6'2 ~220lber who dominates the 50/50 ball.  The problem with that definition is that excludes a ton of productive receivers.  Marvin Harrison (Sr.) was 179lbs, Steve Smith was 5'9", etc.  

Calling Digg's brother, Cowboys CB, as having 100% homeristic (???) disillusion is your own thing.  But the "good news" comment wasn't intended to brag about the Texans WR core, but in response to Diggs' divaish attitude. Seeing that he's joining a talented group is much better than him thinking that he is a 'savior' to the Texans WR core.

(04-11-2024, 04:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

cland used to be the CFO job at Enron.

I'm sure he'll somehow find a way to compute Dameon Pierce (14 games 416 yards) into a 1,000 yard RB.

Actually Pierce is a great example of a purely gap runner behind a zone offensive line.  He would be a huge pickup for gap scheme teams (my guess is he gets cut post-draft.)  He gets the ball and instantly goes with a full head of scheme.  Singletary showed he had the patience to wait a beat for the hole to develop.

(04-11-2024, 11:00 AM)cland Wrote:

LOL Diggs can't cover WRs for [BLEEP]. Dude gives up more yards to opposing WRs than any CB in the league.

(04-11-2024, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 11:00 AM)cland Wrote: That comment was made by a Dallas Cowboys CB (someone who's profession is covering WRs), I simply reposted it.

LOL Diggs can't cover WRs for [BLEEP]. Dude gives up more yards to opposing WRs than any CB in the league.

Good talk.