Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

(10-05-2023, 01:42 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 09:28 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: I hate the fact that Texans drafted Stroud.

Guy looks like a stud for sure. Panthers seems to made the wrong pick.

It’s way too early to judge. At this point way back, Matt jones looked great and Lawrence looked horrible.

Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2023, 12:46 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Stroud is a stud.  TLaw never looked this good his rookie year.

True but we also seen rookie QBs get exposed a year later.

I won't make any real judgements yet but Stroud passes the eye test of having a bright future.

Hate to admit it.

(10-04-2023, 12:46 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Stroud is a stud.  TLaw never looked this good his rookie year.

What if Stroud had urban as his coach?

Stroud is a stud wow

(11-05-2023, 05:28 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Stroud is a stud wow

Best QB in the division.

(11-05-2023, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:28 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Stroud is a stud wow

Best QB in the division.

Err ummm what?

Hopefully that is sarcasm.  But he is the second best qb in the division.  Sux but it looks like the tinhorns got a good one.

Tampa had it.

(11-05-2023, 05:38 PM)surfon Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Best QB in the division.

Err ummm what?

Hopefully that is sarcasm.  But he is the second best qb in the division.  Sux but it looks like the tinhorns got a good one.

We will hear it in the media this week 

He’s going to push Trevor for sure 

Maybe another Herbert vs Mahomes 

Albeit Trevor ain’t close to Mahomes level yet

Stroud put up 5 TD (0 INT), 470 yards passing, and a 147.8 passer rating. Now I know I'm on a jaguars message board, but I'll point out that Lawrence hasn't hit any of those numbers in any game in 3 years of playing.

Lol people wanna tell me how wrong I was about Trevor but no one telling me how wrong I was on Stroud, I geniunely thought he'd be terrible and he's been insane.

(11-05-2023, 07:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol people wanna tell me how wrong I was about Trevor but no one telling me how wrong I was on Stroud, I geniunely thought he'd be terrible and he's been insane.

You idiot!

Tongue

(11-05-2023, 06:29 PM)cland Wrote: Stroud put up 5 TD (0 INT), 470 yards passing, and a 147.8 passer rating. Now I know I'm on a jaguars message board, but I'll point out that Lawrence hasn't hit any of those numbers in any game in 3 years of playing.

Whats more impressive is that hes posting this numbers with a subpar unit.

(11-05-2023, 05:38 PM)surfon Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Best QB in the division.

Err ummm what?

It isn't, if you go off of the body of work THIS YEAR, It isn't even up for debate. CJ Stroud has had the better year statistically and is developing quite nicely, at a much better rate than Trevor, even if you look at TL year 2 up to week 9 vs CJ in year 1. As someone who likes to watch QB film, both Trev and CJ are a treat to watch for the most part.

Yes this is an unfortunate development. We are witnessing the rookie year of another QB with elite qualities.

They played Tampa a horrible defense relax just relax

Stroud definately is going to be an issue for us. How much? We will see very soon. One thing for sure no sleeping on the Texans.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(11-05-2023, 07:52 PM)Newton Wrote: Yes this is an unfortunate development. We are witnessing the rookie year of another QB with elite qualities.

Yep, Stroud is going to be a top 5 QB soon. The AFC is a murderers' row of young QB talent. The NFC, meanwhile, is Jalen Hurts and nobody. 

I'm also worried about Levis. He has the look of a gamer, not afraid to sling it. Hopefully he becomes the next Jeff George. Strong arm, but inaccurate.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 05:49 AM by The Real Marty.)

I saw the Texans game yesterday and was genuinely alarmed.  Stroud looks like an elite QB, for sure.  But I wonder, how bad is the Bucs' pass defense? 

I still think we're a better team than the Texans.  But they will be a big problem in the future. 

And, I hate to say it, much as I love Trevor, I'm not sure we're going to have the best QB in the division.  I hope I'm just overreacting to one game.

(11-05-2023, 07:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol people wanna tell me how wrong I was about Trevor but no one telling me how wrong I was on Stroud, I geniunely thought he'd be terrible and he's been insane.

One is much more significant to this board than the other.

You certainly weren't the only one with negligible faith in former anOSU QBs at the next level.

He's been good, but he's also had his bumpy roads. Yesterday was an out of his mind performance. If he does that often, it's more about him and less about the D he faced.

Time will tell. I don't think anybody is rushing to judgment yet, and that may be why the callouts aren't there.

The bucs zone discipline was awful
Not sure if they are missing personnel or what, but I dont expect that out of a Bowles led team

With that said, Stroud and head coach Ryans will be a problem for the foreseeable future.
That texans team doesnt quite have the talent yet , but they are executing at a high level, and very well coached
They will be doing damage as the year goes on.
If im the texans, im ready to invest in building around Stroud, he's shown me to be capable of being a franchise QB