Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

(11-20-2023, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzztVP6OGyP/...ODBiNWFlZA==

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Tom Brady giving CJ Stroud some really good advice there. He's 100% correct.

Meanwhile, Trevor continues to toil and improve in the relative anonymity of Jacksonville. It’ll be interesting to see how many people ignoring him now will try to hitch onto his wagon when the postseason wins start accruing. Even more interesting will be Trevor’s reaction.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 03:24 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-20-2023, 02:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzztVP6OGyP/...ODBiNWFlZA==

Tom Brady giving CJ Stroud some really good advice there. He's 100% correct.

Meanwhile, Trevor continues to toil and improve in the relative anonymity of Jacksonville. It’ll be interesting to see how many people ignoring him now will try to hitch onto his wagon when the postseason wins start accruing. Even more interesting will be Trevor’s reaction.

He'll react very mildly. He's a Georgia born boy, raised in Tennessee, played in the Carolinas. He doesn't get too high, doesn't get too low. Just a very laidback but focused guy that just wants wins. 

I think he's going to win us a Superbowl at least once before it's all said and done and over with in Jacksonville. I really do. I don't get caught up in fantasy football, stat buffs, overall box scores, etc. 

I just know what a winner looks like when I see one and that [BLEEP] kid just wins games. If the team needs him to throw it for 300 yards and 4 TD's to win it? He'll do it. If he only needs 150 yards and a TD to win it? He'll do that as well. 

It's only a matter of time before he really takes off on a consistent level. At some point, there will come a week, and another week, and then another week, where, it looks like it's child's play to him with his reaction time and ball placement.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-20-2023, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meanwhile, Trevor continues to toil and improve in the relative anonymity of Jacksonville. It’ll be interesting to see how many people ignoring him now will try to hitch onto his wagon when the postseason wins start accruing. Even more interesting will be Trevor’s reaction.

He'll react very mildly. He's a Georgia born boy, raised in Tennessee, played in the Carolinas. He doesn't get too high, doesn't get too low. Just a very laidback but focused guy that just wants wins. 

I think he's going to win us a Superbowl at least once before it's all said and done and over with in Jacksonville. I really do. I don't get caught up in fantasy football, stat buffs, overall box scores, etc. 

I just know what a winner looks like when I see one and that [BLEEP] kid just wins games. If the team needs him to throw it for 300 yards and 4 TD's to win it? He'll do it. If he only needs 150 yards and a TD to win it? He'll do that as well. 

It's only a matter of time before he really takes off on a consistent level. At some point, there will come a week, and another week, and then another week, where, it looks like it's child's play to him with his reaction time and ball placement.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-20-2023, 03:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He'll react very mildly. He's a Georgia born boy, raised in Tennessee, played in the Carolinas. He doesn't get too high, doesn't get too low. Just a very laidback but focused guy that just wants wins. 

It's November, good sir. I wish I were speaking from post-nut clarity but this all comes from the heart.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Stop the run and take away the deep ball. I don’t think he’ll be patient enough to have a 15 play drive.

Good game Jacksonville. Proof that Houston isn't quite ready yet, but they are getting there. See you in the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 08:21 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-26-2023, 08:11 PM)BattleRedBlood Wrote: Good game Jacksonville. Proof that Houston isn't quite ready yet, but they are getting there. See you in the playoffs.

Believe me, we're getting it in while we can because next season you guys are going to be some bad mofos.

(11-20-2023, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He'll react very mildly. He's a Georgia born boy, raised in Tennessee, played in the Carolinas. He doesn't get too high, doesn't get too low. Just a very laidback but focused guy that just wants wins. 

That gif kills me.

(11-26-2023, 08:11 PM)BattleRedBlood Wrote: Good game Jacksonville. Proof that Houston isn't quite ready yet, but they are getting there. See you in the playoffs.

Competitive game
Next season going to be super interesting

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 10:00 PM by nejagsfan.)

So you're saying he can't do it?

(11-26-2023, 08:33 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:

Competitive game
Next season going to be super interesting

Or not... who knows

Enjoy the house money season. We kinda wasted ours with Trevor Smile

Looking forward to some good battles between these teams in the years to come. 
Shaping up to be a solid division rivalry.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2023, 01:22 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-20-2023, 03:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 03:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

It's November, good sir. I wish I were speaking from post-nut clarity but this all comes from the heart.

I was right though. Those two weeks... came. Finally.

(11-27-2023, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Looking forward to some good battles between these teams in the years to come. 

We'll see. He might have a slump next year. Always fun to see how guys progress in year two and year three. They have the pieces around him for now but once a full season is on tape they'll start getting more challenged week in and week out.

Not for nothing. But, they had Deshaun Watson there for a few years playing at an MVP level as well and that quickly fizzled out. Yesterday don't mean [BLEEP], it's the next day and the next day after that which means the most. 

If the tinhorns fans weren't so salty on social media I would probably like this team a little bit more, but, now? After yesterday? And the whining and the continued [BLEEP] talking? [BLEEP] that team.

(11-27-2023, 01:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 03:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's November, good sir. I wish I were speaking from post-nut clarity but this all comes from the heart.

I was right though. Those two weeks... came. Finally.

(11-27-2023, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looking forward to some good battles between these teams in the years to come. 

We'll see. He might have a slump next year. Always fun to see how guys progress in year two and year three. They have the pieces around him for now but once a full season is on tape they'll start getting more challenged week in and week out.

Not for nothing. But, they had Deshaun Watson there for a few years playing at an MVP level as well and that quickly fizzled out. Yesterday don't mean [BLEEP], it's the next day and the next day after that which means the most. 

If the tinhorns fans weren't so salty on social media I would probably like this team a little bit more, but, now? After yesterday? And the whining and the continued [BLEEP] talking? [BLEEP] that team.

The Texans are a generic team name, right up there with the "Guardians" and "Commanders." They should've become the Oilers again, but I guess the anti-fossil fuel crowd would've pressured McNair to change it to a generic, non-offensive identity, so they just skipped that step. 

Anyhow, the Jacksonville Floridians are going to the playoffs and have a shot at some home games. Meanwhile, the Houston Border Patrollers must battle it out with the Squeelers, Bills, Brownies, Broncos, Dolts, and other wannabees for the last playoff spot. Woohoo!
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

yes Texans are for real but so is the teal of doom for Jacksonville.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Jags run the south.

(11-28-2023, 08:30 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags run the south.

Yes, we do, but the South is no longer the weak sister of the AFC.

(11-28-2023, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 08:30 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags run the south.

Yes, we do, but the South is no longer the weak sister of the AFC.

That burden now falls on the AFC East. Jets and Patriots are awful to watch this year. Easily the worst Bill Belichick team I have seen in my life time in New England.

Pats can suck for the next 2 decades. They owe us that

(11-28-2023, 10:36 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Pats can suck for the next 2 decades. They owe us that

I derive an unsettling amount of satisfaction from seeing them lose. It’s not healthy.

The Texans couldn't have been the Oilers, that name (and history) went with Bud Adams when he moved the team to Tennessee.