Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

I hate to say it but I think we’re gonna get crushed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some of you guys..smh

We might as well call the Bills and tell them we forfeit. Come on men! We ain’t scared of the Bills or any team.

This is what it’s all about. If you can’t get hyped for this, you don’t love football. A sack, or fumble, or blown coverage. I watched the 1996 Jaguars bust Denver’s behind.

They got some horses but we got some horses too.

(10-01-2023, 07:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I hate to say it but I think we’re gonna get crushed.
Same. We just don't match up well with this team on either side of the ball. I think their defensive line is stronger than our offensive line. I think their linebacking core is stronger than our running game. We have some chances with our receiving game against their banged up secondary.

They have a strong running game on offense. Something I am concerned with. I think Diggs is dominate at times like he was today and Gabriel can get you off guard. As well as their tightends. Our secondary should win some series but not enough to overcome our weaknesses as a team.

We'll need luck on our side. A fumble. A pick. A missed FG, etc. Anything is possible but Buffalo by far has been the most dominating team on offense and defense now over the last two weeks in the AFC and it's really not even close.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2023, 07:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Some of you guys..smh

We might as well call the Bills and tell them we forfeit. Come on men! We ain’t scared of the Bills or any team.

This is what it’s all about. If you can’t get hyped for this, you don’t love football. A sack, or fumble, or blown coverage. I watched the 1996 Jaguars bust Denver’s behind.

They got some horses but we got some horses too.

You can be hyped and excited and cheering for a win while at the same time being realistic. Looking at things optimistically, the Bills are having to travel while the Jags get to chill in London. Also the Jags have historically played well against the Bills. So there’s always a chance!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 08:35 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 8 times in total.)

Some cool stats about Joshua Allen’s monster day.

Only 2 players in franchise history have recorded multiple 3 sack games: Calias Campbell did it twice. 3 sacks vs Titans and 4 sacks @ Texans. Josh Allen became just the 2nd player in team history to achieve this, with 3 sacks @ Colts and 3 vs Falcons in London.

How many Jaguars have ever recorded 3 or more sacks in a single game in Jaguars history? 6…

Allen vs Falcons
Allen vs Colts
Campbell vs Titans
Campbell vs Texans
Spicer vs Jets
Henderson vs Eagles
Pritchett vs Bengals

Allen is now is 2nd place in sack yardage with 230 yards. Ngakoue is 1st with 248.5

Allen is the ONLY Jaguars player to ever record 3 sacks in a single game and have 10 tackles.

Only 3 Jaguars players have ever recorded 3 sacks in a single game and force a fumble. Allen, Clemons, Spicer

What Jaguars players have the most sacks through their first 4 games of a season in Jaguars history?

2023 Allen - 6
2017 Campbell - 5.5
1999 Brackens - 4 sacks
2001 Brackens - 3 sacks

Allen needs half a sack to be in the top 3 all time in Jaguars history. Allen moved past the legend Campbell after todays monster game.

1. Brackens - 55
2 Ngakoue - 37.5
3. Smeenge - 34
4. Allen - 33.5
5. Campbell 31.5

Allen becomes 1 of 4 Jaguars players to record over 30 sacks and score a TD. (Allen, Campbell, Ngakoue, Brackens)

- Stat Man
Credit: Stat Man (me)

simple if the teal of doom from today shows up Jags can beat bills, and will.    3 turnovers today,and one being a pick 6.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I don't expect to win this game, but historically that's when we pull upset wins. we always play up or down to the competition.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 09:17 PM by Caldrac.)

We'll win. By 3.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2023, 09:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll win. By 3.

Will beat the Bills

And lose to the clots.

Such a jags trend.

(10-01-2023, 09:22 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 09:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll win. By 3.

Will beat the Bills

And lose to the clots.

Such a jags trend.
Yep.

(10-01-2023, 07:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I hate to say it but I think we’re gonna get crushed.

I don't think so. The Bills are rolling right now, but I think this Jags team can hang with anybody in this league. Win or lose, I think it'll be a close game.

The fact that the Jags are staying in London this week will be the difference. Bills will be jet-lagged, Jags are acclimated and more familiar with playing in London. It's that difference between a win and a loss.

(10-01-2023, 09:37 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The fact that the Jags are staying in London this week will be the difference.  Bills will be jet-lagged, Jags are acclimated and more familiar with playing in London.  It's that difference between a win and a loss.

It could help 
I hope you are correct and it makes a tangible difference

Games like this are what it's all about. Going up against the best teams at their best. These are the games you see where you are and learn from. We let the Chiefs off the hook but hopefully that can help us in this game. Buffalo look great right now but this is what they do at times. Look like SB contenders then lay an egg. Remember the 9-6 game?

Teams handle the travel to London differently, some don't skip a beat and others really struggle. Buffalo are scoring a ton of points and getting a ton of turnovers. It's going to be a real tough game but this team has experience and we won plenty of tough games last year.

A win here would be HUGE and I have a feeling we can pull out a win here. Then we are rolling.

(10-01-2023, 09:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Games like this are what it's all about. Going up against the best teams at their best. These are the games you see where you are and learn from. We let the Chiefs off the hook but hopefully that can help us in this game. Buffalo look great right now but this is what they do at times. Look like SB contenders then lay an egg. Remember the 9-6 game?

Teams handle the travel to London differently, some don't skip a beat and others really struggle. Buffalo are scoring a ton of points and getting a ton of turnovers. It's going to be a real tough game but this team has experience and we won plenty of tough games last year.

A win here would be HUGE and I have a feeling we can pull out a win here. Then we are rolling.

Well, since you're there already...

This mission is code named Cleveland Browns. Should you choose to accept it, requires a strong laxative to be mixed with the Bills' pre-game water supply. 

As always, should you be captured, the message board will disavow any knowledge of your existence. Good luck.

(10-01-2023, 10:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 09:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Games like this are what it's all about. Going up against the best teams at their best. These are the games you see where you are and learn from. We let the Chiefs off the hook but hopefully that can help us in this game. Buffalo look great right now but this is what they do at times. Look like SB contenders then lay an egg. Remember the 9-6 game?

This mission is code named Cleveland Browns. Should you choose to accept it, requires a strong laxative to be mixed with the Bills' pre-game water supply. 

As always, should you be captured, the message board will disavow any knowledge of your existence. Good luck.

I can neither confirm, nor deny, any details of the operation without the secretary's approval.

For everyone saying we'll lose, keep at it. We were all certain we would beat the Texans and look what happened. So we should come out with a win if we say we're gonna lose? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(10-01-2023, 10:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Lol!!! Well know you mention it, and as long as no one from the NFL is reading, I do have a plan.

The Jags usually hold an open training session on the Friday before the Sunday games and you can meet the players and get an autograph/photo when over here and I currently have a friend pretty sick with a chest infection and am hoping Buffalo may be doing something similar.

The plan is to send him along, meet Josh Allen then wonder why Allen is mysteriously listed as questionable for Sunday.

I'm going germ warfare baby!!  Big Grin

Of course I would glady sacrifice myself for the Jags and Duval Pride and should you hear I was last spotted being taken to Goodell's office know my sacrifice was worth it!

(10-01-2023, 10:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, since you're there already...

Lol!!! Well know you mention it, and as long as no one from the NFL is reading, I do have a plan.

The Jags usually hold an open training session on the Friday before the Sunday games and you can meet the players and get an autograph/photo when over here and I currently have a friend pretty sick with a chest infection and am hoping Buffalo may be doing something similar.

The plan is to send him along, meet Josh Allen then wonder why Allen is mysteriously listed as questionable for Sunday.

Of course I would glady sacrifice myself for the Jags and Duval Pride and should you hear I was last spotted being taken to Goodell's office know my sacrifice was worth it!

[Image: 261478-1ae978ecf27d4c9cbe00b4710a22f310.jpg]

(10-01-2023, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lol!!! Well know you mention it, and as long as no one from the NFL is reading, I do have a plan.

[Image: 261478-1ae978ecf27d4c9cbe00b4710a22f310.jpg]

Lol!! You always manage to find the perfect picture!

Bravo Sir!