Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

(10-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote: The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…

The bills were better in 2021, and we beat them 9-6 with Urban Meyer at coach and Trevor Lawrence struggling to throw a TD.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2023, 10:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, since you're there already...

This mission is code named Cleveland Browns. Should you choose to accept it, requires a strong laxative to be mixed with the Bills' pre-game water supply. 

As always, should you be captured, the message board will disavow any knowledge of your existence. Good luck.

Lol!!! Well know you mention it, and as long as no one from the NFL is reading, I do have a plan.

The Jags usually hold an open training session on the Friday before the Sunday games and you can meet the players and get an autograph/photo when over here and I currently have a friend pretty sick with a chest infection and am hoping Buffalo may be doing something similar.

The plan is to send him along, meet Josh Allen then wonder why Allen is mysteriously listed as questionable for Sunday.

I'm going germ warfare baby!!  Big Grin

Of course I would glady sacrifice myself for the Jags and Duval Pride and should you hear I was last spotted being taken to Goodell's office know my sacrifice was worth it!

A man after my own heart. 

[Image: Hussein-56a48bdb3df78cf77282ed59.jpg]

(10-01-2023, 10:48 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: 261478-1ae978ecf27d4c9cbe00b4710a22f310.jpg]

Lol!! You always manage to find the perfect picture!

Bravo Sir!

Sometimes a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. 

LOL

Von Miller is eligible to return now. It would be just our luck that he tries to play next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bre...r-AA1hvlI1
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-01-2023, 08:45 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simple if the teal of doom from today shows up Jags can beat bills, and will.    3 turnovers today,and one being a pick 6.

Can somebody correct snowwolf776’s post count. Before the board switch he had something like 62,000 posts and joined in 2001. I joined in 2006 if anyone feels like fixing that.

(10-01-2023, 10:48 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: 261478-1ae978ecf27d4c9cbe00b4710a22f310.jpg]

Lol!! You always manage to find the perfect picture!

Bravo Sir!

Nah that's Brittany Mahomes and Taylor Swift
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-01-2023, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lol!!! Well know you mention it, and as long as no one from the NFL is reading, I do have a plan.

The Jags usually hold an open training session on the Friday before the Sunday games and you can meet the players and get an autograph/photo when over here and I currently have a friend pretty sick with a chest infection and am hoping Buffalo may be doing something similar.

The plan is to send him along, meet Josh Allen then wonder why Allen is mysteriously listed as questionable for Sunday.

I'm going germ warfare baby!!  Big Grin

Of course I would glady sacrifice myself for the Jags and Duval Pride and should you hear I was last spotted being taken to Goodell's office know my sacrifice was worth it!

A man after my own heart. 

[Image: Hussein-56a48bdb3df78cf77282ed59.jpg]

Laughing

That's hilarious!

(10-01-2023, 10:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote: The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…

The bills were better in 2021, and we beat them 9-6 with Urban Meyer at coach and Trevor Lawrence struggling to throw a TD.

This is true, but lets not pretend that the outlier result is the norm. They played unworldly bad that day, unless they somehow suck again randomly against us, I tend to agree we are about to be demolished. We have bullied some bad QBs and Mahomes/Kelce are still a little off at the moment. I really see no path to victory for us. I would not be surprised if we take a 50 burger this Sunday.

This game is a big test after struggling to start the year offensively. Their DL is great and of course they can put up points with the best of them. If we can improve on our offense from this past win and get a step closer to what we expect to be then we can hang with them. If we struggle like we did weeks 2 and 3 we're in for a long day. We can win, but I'm probably picking Buffalo this week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Is Cam Robinson back for this game? We are gonna need all the help we can get on the OL...

(10-02-2023, 10:18 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 10:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: The bills were better in 2021, and we beat them 9-6 with Urban Meyer at coach and Trevor Lawrence struggling to throw a TD.

This is true, but lets not pretend that the outlier result is the norm. They played unworldly bad that day, unless they somehow suck again randomly against us, I tend to agree we are about to be demolished. We have bullied some bad QBs and Mahomes/Kelce are still a little off at the moment. I really see no path to victory for us. I would not be surprised if we take a 50 burger this Sunday.

Crazy things happen in the NFL, like the Colts not winning in jacksonville despite being better than us for most of those years.

Or us losing to houston like 6 times outta the last 7?

(10-01-2023, 04:43 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Our running game needs to improve and get back to running when we're 3rd or 4th and short....
NOT trying pass plays   Wallbash

...or we could just avoid 3rd downs entirely.  If we are wishful thinking, let's wish for the big stuff!

(10-01-2023, 09:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 07:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I hate to say it but I think we’re gonna get crushed.

I don't think so. The Bills are rolling right now, but I think this Jags team can hang with anybody in this league. Win or lose, I think it'll be a close game.

Well it's definitely a positive that they beat Atlanta convincingly. They seemed like they needed the confidence boost. If the offense can get it rolling (by which I mean the OL play more or less competently) then they could make it close or even pull off the offset. I did watch the Bills/Miami game though and they are looking really strong. It feels like we're catching them at the wrong time but I hope I'm wrong.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-02-2023, 04:46 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 09:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't think so. The Bills are rolling right now, but I think this Jags team can hang with anybody in this league. Win or lose, I think it'll be a close game.

Well it's definitely a positive that they beat Atlanta convincingly. They seemed like they needed the confidence boost. If the offense can get it rolling (by which I mean the OL play more or less competently) then they could make it close or even pull off the offset. I did watch the Bills/Miami game though and they are looking really strong. It feels like we're catching them at the wrong time but I hope I'm wrong.
We'll win by 3.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think the Jags have a huge advantage for having being in England for a full week longer than Buffalo.

(10-01-2023, 08:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Some cool stats about Joshua Allen’s monster day.

Only 2 players in franchise history have recorded multiple 3 sack games: Calias Campbell did it twice. 3 sacks vs Titans and 4 sacks @ Texans. Josh Allen became just the 2nd player in team history to achieve this, with 3 sacks @ Colts and 3 vs Falcons in London.

How many Jaguars have ever recorded 3 or more sacks in a single game in Jaguars history? 6…

Allen vs Falcons
Allen vs Colts
Campbell vs Titans
Campbell vs Texans
Spicer vs Jets
Henderson vs Eagles
Pritchett vs Bengals

Allen is now is 2nd place in sack yardage with 230 yards. Ngakoue is 1st with 248.5

Allen is the ONLY Jaguars player to ever record 3 sacks in a single game and have 10 tackles.

Only 3 Jaguars players have ever recorded 3 sacks in a single game and force a fumble. Allen, Clemons, Spicer

What Jaguars players have the most sacks through their first 4 games of a season in Jaguars history?

2023 Allen - 6
2017 Campbell - 5.5
1999 Brackens - 4 sacks
2001 Brackens - 3 sacks

Allen needs half a sack to be in the top 3 all time in Jaguars history. Allen moved past the legend Campbell after todays monster game. 

1. Brackens - 55
2 Ngakoue - 37.5
3. Smeenge - 34
4. Allen - 33.5
5. Campbell 31.5

Allen becomes 1 of 4 Jaguars players to record over 30 sacks and score a TD. (Allen, Campbell, Ngakoue, Brackens)

- Stat Man
Credit: Stat Man (me)

That list of all time sack leaders is so sad considering how short some of those players played on our team. I meanYannick at #2 overall just shows how bad we have been at getting any pressure for years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Maybe it's just dumb fandom but I'm feeling better about this game after Sunday. I think we are real close to putting it all together and we always play the bills tough
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2023, 10:55 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Bills are down arguably their best player in the secondary. Josh Allen had a career day against Josh Allen last time, if Urban Meyer's Jags can beat them surely we can. Plus they're coming off an emotional outing against Miami. If it's a statement win we've been wanting, this would be one.

(10-02-2023, 07:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think the Jags have a huge advantage for having being in England for a full week longer than Buffalo.

Definitely a better advantage than having to come back from London and then go to Buffalo.

Interesting stat pulled from X. These are the percentages a drive has ended in a turnover or a punt for every team. Jaguars are mid-pack and the Bills are third best behind San Fran and Seattle.

29% - San Francisco 49ers
31% - Seattle Seahawks
33% - Buffalo Bills
36% - Dallas Cowboys
38% - Miami Dolphins
40% - Philadelphia Eagles
42% - Los Angeles Rams
46% - Arizona Cardinals
47% - Kansas City Chiefs
47% - Houston Texans
48% - Los Angeles Chargers
50% - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
51% - Denver Broncos
52% - Tennessee Titans
55% - Jacksonville Jaguars
56% - Green Bay Packers
57% - Detroit Lions
57% - Baltimore Ravens
58% - Washington Commanders
59% - Indianapolis Colts
59% - New York Giants
60% - Atlanta Falcons
61% - New Orleans Saints
63% - New York Jets
64% - Cincinnati Bengals
64% - Las Vegas Raiders
64% - Minnesota Vikings
66% - Carolina Panthers
67% - Cleveland Browns
67% - Chicago Bears
67% - Pittsburgh Steelers
71% - New England Patriots

(10-02-2023, 07:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think the Jags have a huge advantage for having being in England for a full week longer than Buffalo.

I had the same thought. It should help with preparation. 

I don't mind them going on some sightseeing or shopping trips but the only thing I worry, slightly, about is that they treat it like a vacation.