Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

Outside of letting the tinhorns rookie torch them and getting a little too soft in the 3rd quarter of week one, the Jags secondary has been improved from last year. Year two in Caldwell's scheme has the safeties flowing to the ball a bit better - and guys mostly staying more disciplined in zone coverage.

This will be their real test though. Allen and Diggs are gonna do some work, but can the Jags keep that from turning into a nightmare on the scoreboard?

I think you have to hold them under 30 points and pray the OL gives TL time to match that through the air.

Fingers crossed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-02-2023, 07:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think the Jags have a huge advantage for having being in England for a full week longer than Buffalo.

....unless cabin fever sets in and all they wanna do is get on the plane and get back home

I have confidence in Tyson Campbell on Diggs, its the other guys like Gabe Davis and Josh Allens mobility that worries me.

(10-03-2023, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Outside of letting the tinhorns rookie torch them and getting a little too soft in the 3rd quarter of week one, the Jags secondary has been improved from last year. Year two in Caldwell's scheme has the safeties flowing to the ball a bit better - and guys mostly staying more disciplined in zone coverage.

This will be their real test though. Allen and Diggs are gonna do some work, but can the Jags keep that from turning into a nightmare on the scoreboard? 

I think you have to hold them under 30 points and pray the OL gives TL time to match that through the air.

Fingers crossed.

This game screams of a game we're going to play lights out, force Allen into mistakes, look like the powerhouse on offense we sort of expected and then come out and lay an egg against Indy the following week. Just a Jags thing to do.

If we can rattle Allen early with a pick or fumble he will spiral the rest of the game, it's what he does. The key is to get out fast on defense especially to hit/pressure Allen early. We also historically play Buffalo pretty tough.

It's going to be an interesting game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-03-2023, 10:06 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have confidence in Tyson Campbell on Diggs, its the other guys like Gabe Davis and Josh Allens mobility that worries me.
Darious Williams has the best PFF ranking in coverage.

https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1709208192767365575?s=20

Allens playmaking ability is 100% my biggest worry for this Sunday.

(10-03-2023, 10:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 10:06 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have confidence in Tyson Campbell on Diggs, its the other guys like Gabe Davis and Josh Allens mobility that worries me.
Darious Williams has the best PFF ranking in coverage.

Didn't PFF have Tank Bigsby ranked as our 2nd best player on offense last week against Houston? Even tho it was very clearly ETN? Darious Williams is very good tho.. Campbell is better tho.

I'd except Tyson to win some against Diggs - I also except Diggs to win some against Tyson.

Two good players going at it, should be fun.

We match up pretty good against the Bills.

Can't wait!

(10-03-2023, 10:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 10:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Darious Williams has the best PFF ranking in coverage.

Didn't PFF have Tank Bigsby ranked as our 2nd best player on offense last week against Houston? Even tho it was very clearly ETN? Darious Williams is very good tho.. Campbell is better tho.
100% Campbell is better.

However, I'm more worried about Diggs vs Campbell than I am Darious vs Gabe.

Diggs is an elite WR and possibly the best route runner in the league (along with Adams).

(10-03-2023, 10:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 10:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Didn't PFF have Tank Bigsby ranked as our 2nd best player on offense last week against Houston? Even tho it was very clearly ETN? Darious Williams is very good tho.. Campbell is better tho.
100% Campbell is better.

Diggs is an elite WR and possibly the best route runner in the league (along with Adams).
Diggs had two defenders on him against Miami, fought through interference and then turned the jets on for a long TD. Something Ridley is capable of and showed a little bit of back in week one.

I think this game could come down to Diggs' performance Vs. Ridley's performance. They have a beat up secondary. We have to risk it for the biscuit a few times in this one to win.

Expecting at least 2 or 3 4th down gambles by Doug as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 11:13 AM by StrayaJag.)

Bold prediction

Lawrence won't throw any interceptions and we will have 0 fumbles

I predict the team who wakes up and have the greatest number of people that have recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express will win.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'm counting on the Jags being acclimated and the bills being jet-lagged...
advantage Jaguars  Big Grin
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Is the bills pass rush any good?

(10-03-2023, 12:53 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Is the bills pass rush any good?

Yes. Extremely.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

They lead the league in sacks and interceptions.

They aren't good...

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-03-2023, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

They aren't good...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Any word of if Von miller is gonna play?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 01:59 PM by Mikey.)

(10-03-2023, 11:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 10:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: 100% Campbell is better.

Diggs had two defenders on him against Miami, fought through interference and then turned the jets on for a long TD. Something Ridley is capable of and showed a little bit of back in week one.

I think this game could come down to Diggs' performance Vs. Ridley's performance. They have a beat up secondary. We have to risk it for the biscuit a few times in this one to win.

If our guys fail at tackling as bad as the Phins on that play, I expect Caldwell to have them running drills during halftime and after the game.

That was embarrassing.

against our line, does it matter?

(10-03-2023, 01:58 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 11:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Diggs had two defenders on him against Miami, fought through interference and then turned the jets on for a long TD. Something Ridley is capable of and showed a little bit of back in week one.

If our guys fail at tackling as bad as the Phins on that play, I expect Caldwell to have them running drills during halftime and after the game.

That was embarrassing.

against our line, does it matter?

It does. We have cam back

(10-03-2023, 10:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Outside of letting the tinhorns rookie torch them and getting a little too soft in the 3rd quarter of week one, the Jags secondary has been improved from last year. Year two in Caldwell's scheme has the safeties flowing to the ball a bit better - and guys mostly staying more disciplined in zone coverage.

Fingers crossed.

This game screams of a game we're going to play lights out, force Allen into mistakes, look like the powerhouse on offense we sort of expected and then come out and lay an egg against Indy the following week. Just a Jags thing to do.

If we can rattle Allen early with a pick or fumble he will spiral the rest of the game, it's what he does. The key is to get out fast on defense especially to hit/pressure Allen early. We also historically play Buffalo pretty tough.

It's going to be an interesting game

I'm concerned about the Indy game as well being that we will have been over in London long enough for sleep schedules to fully acclimate to that time zone only to then come back and try to re-acclimate to our normal one.  I think the single game over there allows one to try to stay on east coast time or close to it, but being there a week and a half is gonna be tougher to avoid being jet lagged when they get back.