Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do we do? (LT/LG)

Let's say Cam comes back and plays LT, Little plays guard and our O line looks night and day better against the Bills and for the rest of the season?

Do we have to keep Cam at that point? Can we even afford it.. what's the strategy in your opinion?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No if that's the case
U address oline heavily in draft
Try and scout a senior guard in F/a to cover yourself/provide mentor and leadership whilst slowly working your rookies into the role.

That's mt opinion anyway...

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 10:34 PM by wg171. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-03-2023, 09:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Let's say Cam comes back and plays LT, Little plays guard and our O line looks night and day better against the Bills and for the rest of the season?

Do we have to keep Cam at that point? Can we even afford it.. what's the strategy in your opinion?

Imo I wouldn’t bring Robinson back, way overpaid. I would definitely add a guard and center in the off season minimum. A starting guard and center. If Fortner doesn’t hit the weight room he isn’t going to cut it at this level.

This doesn’t necessarily mean I would draft an O-Lineman in the first. Also, the Ridley trade may cost the team its second. Going to need to do some cuts to free up some money for free agents not to mention Trevor and some others.

Well at this point I really don't have enough information to make a decision like that. There are at least 100 variations at the present. I will say this. There is a shortage in the NFL in 2 positions. Quality QB's and offensive linemen. Is Cam a quality OL guy? well we surely will see this season.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

This is being discussed in the OL thread

but - no point in paying a premium for Cam at LT when Little has shown he's worthy of the spot and still on a rookie deal for another year and you can probably draft a guard fairly early/mid AND sign another interior lineman in FA coming out way ahead financially.

Cam would have to come back like the second coming of Boselli with Little straight mauling DTs for me to consider keeping them at LT/LG respectively in 2024.

Cam is 99.9999999999999% gone as soon as our season is over.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 08:01 AM by Mikey.)

(10-03-2023, 09:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Let's say Cam comes back and plays LT, Little plays guard and our O line looks night and day better against the Bills and for the rest of the season?

Not one bit.

Cam has only one season that he played in every game; he's pricey, and we picked Little so that we could move on. My preference would be to spend an early pick on interior help and move Little back to LT. Little has shown that he is good on the end, and if we plan to keep him around beyond his rookie deal, we need to see him anchor that spot and hold up over the course of a season.

We've bounced Little all around the line, I want to know what he can do when the position is all his. Let him develop proficiency.

Cam would have to be pancaking the top pass rushers week in and week out for me to want to continue with him on the roster, plain and simple.

(10-03-2023, 11:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is being discussed in the OL thread

but - no point in paying a premium for Cam at LT when Little has shown he's worthy of the spot and still on a rookie deal for another year and you can probably draft a guard fairly early/mid AND sign another interior lineman in FA coming out way ahead financially.

Cam would have to come back like the second coming of Boselli with Little straight mauling DTs for me to consider keeping them at LT/LG respectively in 2024.

get outta my head!

IF that were to happen. Cam would need to restructure for us to keep him. No other option if we decided to go that route. We can't afford that price tag with the Trevor/Allen/Ridley extensions due
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 11:13 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cam was gone after this season. Regardless if he played all 17 games. He's making a killing and got away with highway robbery missing 4 games and still owning the highest cap % hit on our salary this year. Think he's just under $20M for the year. It's disgusting.

Little is the long term answer at LT. I think this front office, whether it's Baalke or a new face calling the shots personnel wise in 2024, they need to be drafting two offensive lineman every year before they get to the 6th RD. You don't have to spend every 1st RD or 2nd RD pick on a G/T/C but you should be adding starters to address LG, C & RG for sure between next year's draft and 2025's draft moving forward.

Our only real hope now is Hodges, A.k.A "Tugboat" being a monster of a 7th RD selection and filling in at one of these spots down the road. Hopefully we can start drafting actual ironmen at these positions. Our group seems to have a damn issue or two at once. Never one guy out or hurt. Always a tandem or worse.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-04-2023, 08:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

IF that were to happen. Cam would need to restructure for us to keep him. No other option if we decided to go that route. We can't afford that price tag with the Trevor/Allen/Ridley extensions due

even with a restructure you're pushing current money into the future to keep him around, and short of him playing lights out, I don't see how anyone can justify that move, considering what all looms on the horizon. It's not like we're talking about someone like Joe Thomas here.

(10-04-2023, 08:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

The TLaw extension won't be on next year's cap, it'll be after the season. Cam's deal gives us an out next year with only $5 million in dead money then he's clear for 2025 when the new TDeal will hit. We clear $16 million next year when we cut Cam after this season to pay for Allen/Ridley if we choose to resign them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-04-2023, 12:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 08:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: IF that were to happen. Cam would need to restructure for us to keep him. No other option if we decided to go that route. We can't afford that price tag with the Trevor/Allen/Ridley extensions due

The TLaw extension won't be on next year's cap, it'll be after the season. Cam's deal gives us an out next year with only $5 million in dead money then he's clear for 2025 when the new TDeal will hit. We clear $16 million next year when we cut Cam after this season to pay for Allen/Ridley if we choose to resign them.

If we follow the Bengals and Chargers route it won't even officially kick in until 2026.  Both teams picked up the 5th year option with the 5 year extension kicking in after that.  The Bengals didn't really adjust Burrows 5th year option number but the Chargers lowered Herbert's by about 10 mil.  Both of those according to overthecap.

For reference on Lawrence, OTC projects the 5th year number to be either 23.25 mil or 32.96 mil depending on if he's selected to the PB this season.  His PB last year doesn't count since he wasn't an original selection.

(10-04-2023, 12:23 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 08:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: IF that were to happen. Cam would need to restructure for us to keep him. No other option if we decided to go that route. We can't afford that price tag with the Trevor/Allen/Ridley extensions due

even with a restructure you're pushing current money into the future to keep him around, and short of him playing lights out, I don't see how anyone can justify that move, considering what all looms on the horizon. It's not like we're talking about someone like Joe Thomas here.

Well by restructure I basically meant a pay cut. Add a couple years keep the total money the same or preferably less. Either way, it makes very little financial sense to keep him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 03:48 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well with the scarcity of experienced offensive linemen there could be value to Cam. He is due almost 18 mill in real dollars next year. Someone may give us some choice picks for him?

yea, I know I shouldn't have posted this...lol

(10-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well with the scarcity of experienced offensive linemen there could be value to Cam.  He is due almost 18 mill in real dollars next year. Someone may give us some choice picks for him?

yea, I know I shouldn't have posted this...lol

Dare we dream of a 3rd &, 4th round pick package lol

Has coach pederson authorized this new line up with little at left guard? If so, I hope it works. It would be great to see 4 solid line men in there along with Fortner. Maybe the running game could get some push and that average per Carry would be where the fans like it.

(10-04-2023, 07:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Has coach pederson authorized this new line up with little at left guard? If so, I hope it works. It would be great to see 4 solid line men in there along with Fortner. Maybe the running game could get some push and that average per Carry would be where the fans like it.

All I know is I have heard said many times they want the BEST linemen on the field.  When Cam and Tugboat are back we will see...

(10-04-2023, 07:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Has coach pederson authorized this new line up with little at left guard? If so, I hope it works. It would be great to see 4 solid line men in there along with Fortner. Maybe the running game could get some push and that average per Carry would be where the fans like it.

They ran it during camp and preseason a bit - so they know if they like it or not.

If they like enough this week in practice - we'll probably see it Sunday

I hope so. The are parts of this schedule that are super challenging, so there needs to be the best offensive line possible out there.

If Cam comes out playing like a man possessed, all I will be thinking is he’s getting financial advice from Josh Allen.

I hate feeling so skeptical but we all know it happens and Jacksonville seems to be the preferred place to cash in.

(10-05-2023, 06:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Cam comes out playing like a man possessed, all I will be thinking is he’s getting financial advice from Josh Allen.

I hate feeling so skeptical but we all know it happens and Jacksonville seems to be the preferred place to cash in.

As long as JA41 isn't getting pharmacological advice from Cam in exchange then we'll be ok with it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato