Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do we do? (LT/LG)

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023, 07:17 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison.

Super Bowl!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023, 08:26 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-06-2023, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison.

Super Bowl!

It's looking that way. It looked like through the first four games that Walker Little was grading out highly within the top ten in pass protection. Think he was 6th best overall. 

It would be really, really cool if he ends up producing similar results as the LG. However, that's going to drive up his bargaining power with his contract extension. 

It's a good problem to have. The biggest unknown is just trying to see and understand where Robinson is at physically and mentally post PED use and his suspension.

If this is the starting line-up this Sunday, with the exception of Shatley, as I think Pederson already went on record stating there's no reason by his estimation to bench Fortner, I think it's possible we can truly start to run more effectively and with more power to the left.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-06-2023, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison.

Super Bowl!

Idk, Little has played relatively well.. I would hate to move him and his play falls off. I would think you would move cam inside, I think he's the better run blocker anyway. We will have to see it on Sunday to find out what the staff ultimately decided.

(10-06-2023, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison.

Super Bowl!

Well, playoffs at least. Those are our best 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

Super Bowl!
Close.

There's almost no way they bench Fortner.

Is Fortner’s weakness strength or technique?

Or both?

(10-06-2023, 11:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is Fortner’s weakness strength or technique?

Or both?

Probably both. But strength for sure. He consistently gets pushed back by opposing linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-06-2023, 11:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is Fortner’s weakness strength or technique?

Or both?

Everything

Or both?

All the above

As cagey as Peterson has been every time Cam's status has been mentioned this week, half expected a possible late activation for this week.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The coaches are high on Fortner.

(10-06-2023, 05:31 PM)I Jag88 Wrote: The coaches are high on Fortner.

Not the first time someone gets drafted and gets handed the job due to lack of real competition. I fully expect a different starter next year
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-06-2023, 05:31 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The coaches are high on Fortner.

He can still be on the line.  Just shift him.

Same with Travon Walker and Devin Lloyd.  Move them around, let them play where they are fast and natural.  

The problem is that we are trying to push a square peg into a round hole, where there are round holes that we can plug and play these really good pieces into.

Fortner singlehandedly ended the first offensive series today letting his guy immediately through to stop Bigsby from picking top the 3rd and 1.

Little and Scherff both moved their guys to give #4 room to run for the first down but Fortner's guy swam right past him instantly. I've seen it happen too many times.

Maybe not snapping the ball would let him learn to beat that move. Dunno?

(10-08-2023, 05:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fortner singlehandedly ended the first offensive series today letting his guy immediately through to stop Bigsby from picking top the 3rd and 1.

Little and Scherff both moved their guys to give #4 room to run for the first down but Fortner's guy swam right past him instantly. I've seen it happen too many times.

I remember mocking us to take Fortner in the 5th or 6th round, was surprised to say the least when we tookem n the 3rd.

The way he's played thusfar makes me think even the 5th/6th woulda been a reach.

(10-08-2023, 05:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fortner singlehandedly ended the first offensive series today letting his guy immediately through to stop Bigsby from picking top the 3rd and 1.

failures during the run game, especially when we're just throwing Elite-EN to the middle of the 9-man box isn't that big a deal.

What I really enjoyed was when we actually ran the ball off tackle.  Like I had been saying to do for the last month.  And finally, when the play calling was good, the defense couldn't key off on easy plays we were doing over and over and over again.

It was nice to see the play calling giving our players a chance to actually be successfull.  

I'm sure you enjoy running your head into the wall over and over untill the wall breaks.  Sometimes, it's nice to run around the wall...

But, you know...  That's just modern football in the 21st century.

(10-08-2023, 05:49 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

failures during the run game, especially when we're just throwing Elite-EN to the middle of the 9-man box isn't that big a deal.

What I really enjoyed was when we actually ran the ball off tackle.  Like I had been saying to do for the last month.  And finally, when the play calling was good, the defense couldn't key off on easy plays we were doing over and over and over again.

It was nice to see the play calling giving our players a chance to actually be successfull.  

I'm sure you enjoy running your head into the wall over and over untill the wall breaks.  Sometimes, it's nice to run around the wall...

But, you know...  That's just modern football in the 21st century.

Well, some of us think run blocking matters. 

If for no other reason - just so we'd get more yards from those runs up the middle and you might stop whining like a little girl about them.

Super Bowl!

we got what, like 5 plays with this lineup?

Ope.