Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
projected 53 man roster

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...-impressed

The questions I have are the Jags going to carry 3 QB's, 10 D-Linemen which includes 6 DT's, and will Hayes Pullard find a spot on this roster. 

My prediction is that I agree with this article except.

The Jags will only carry 9 D-Linemen, maybe Day goes on IR

Some how Pullard will be on the team.  They won't be able to stash him on the PS. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We are technically able to put Pullard on the PS, but would have to cut someone else.

Just a few comments...

• I'm still hoping for Benn to beat out Walters for that 5th WR spot, but I could totally see that decision going either way.

• On the OL, it's hard to imagine them keeping Bernadeau, Reed and Shatley. If anything I can see Omameh making it over one of them for more depth outside as he can play inside or out. It's also possible since Luke can possibly start at LG and backup at LT that the team only goes 8 OLs so they can carry a player somewhere else. It's rare, but these guys are all bottom of the roster guys. Whoever they keep as a 9th OL would be a scrub unlikely to make another team's roster.

• The 4th TE is still a tough call between Koyack and Jacobs.

• With Pullard's emergence, I can see them keeping him as a 7th LB. I'm not cutting Tripp to fit him on the roster. I'd rather go with only 9 DLs by waiving Bennett in order to keep Pullard.

• The suggestion to place Sample on IR is new to me, and one I don't think they'd do unless he really is that hurt. They can use him this year, so I don't see them just IRing him to stash him wherein I'd keep him over Josh Evans. I'm also questioning the idea of keeping Nick Marshall over Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Josh Johnson, although the latter two are certainly options for the PS. Likewise, I'm still thinking Jarrod Wilson might beat out Peyton Thompson at FS.

• All in all, this is very plausible roster prediction.

'02

Quote:We are technically able to put Pullard on the PS, but would have to cut someone else.

Huh?

Why would we have to cut someone from the active roster to put Pullard on the PS? 

'02

Quote:Huh?

Why would we have to cut someone from the active roster to put Pullard on the PS? 

I meant cut someone on the PS.

For the most part, I agreed. I don't agree with keeping a 3rd qb. We need to keep an extra player who can potentially play a role on special teams, like Pullard. Heck, I was suprised by Banyard. Last year we kept 5 RBs. Maybe we do the same this time around.
No commercial messages in sigs

I think Pullard will be kept around. It looks like they're going to try using him as a FB, depth at LB and on special teams.

Quote:I think Pullard will be kept around. It looks like they're going to try using him as a FB, depth at LB and on special teams.

I hope he gets a 40s number if the coaches want to use him as a  FB. Giving him #52 was a head scratcher after the TD that did not count.

Quote:I meant cut someone on the PS.
To be able to put someone on the PS, you have to cut them and there is no way Pullard makes it through waivers without being claimed.  So if they cut Pullard, the Jags are pretty sure they don't want him. 

Quote: 

Just a few comments...

• I'm still hoping for Benn to beat out Walters for that 5th WR spot, but I could totally see that decision going either way.

​I can see that but ultimately I think they want to keep Walters. 
  • On the OL, it's hard to imagine them keeping Bernadeau, Reed and Shatley. If anything I can see Omameh making it over one of them for more depth outside as he can play inside or out. It's also possible since Luke can possibly start at LG and backup at LT that the team only goes 8 OLs so they can carry a player somewhere else. It's rare, but these guys are all bottom of the roster guys. Whoever they keep as a 9th OL would be a scrub unlikely to make another team's roster.

The only reason I see them keeping 9 linemen is that 2 starters Beachum and Linder are coming off major injuries.  However more than likely whoever they cut on the O-Line will most likely make it through waivers and be put on the practice squad
  • The 4th TE is still a tough call between Koyack and Jacobs.

• With Pullard's emergence, I can see them keeping him as a 7th LB. I'm not cutting Tripp to fit him on the roster. I'd rather go with only 9 DLs by waiving Bennett in order to keep Pullard.

• The suggestion to place Sample on IR is new to me, and one I don't think they'd do unless he really is that hurt. They can use him this year, so I don't see them just IRing him to stash him wherein I'd keep him over Josh Evans. I'm also questioning the idea of keeping Nick Marshall over Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Josh Johnson, although the latter two are certainly options for the PS. Likewise, I'm still thinking Jarrod Wilson might beat out Peyton Thompson at FS.

​I was wondering about this one myself.  Unless Sample is really hurt, there is no need to try to hide him so they can keep Evans.  Evans is going to be cut, unless one of the free safeties gets hurt. 
  • All in all, this is very plausible roster prediction.

Surprise IR guys are sample and day.

I think Walters wins the 5th wr spot. Pullard makes it with Tripp. They only keep 3 TEs.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jags02" data-cid="798092" data-time="1472525980">
<div>

The only reason I see them keeping 9 linemen is that 2 starters Beachum and Linder are coming off major injuries.  However more than likely whoever they cut on the O-Line will most likely make it through waivers and be put on the practice squad

</div>
</blockquote>

Neither Bernadeau nor Omameh is eligible for the PS.

I have to hand it to the author of this ESPN roster prediction. He nailed Sample going on IR and had Jacobs being cut.

'02

Quote:Neither Bernadeau nor Omameh is eligible for the PS.

I have to hand it to the author of this ESPN roster prediction. He nailed Sample going on IR and had Jacobs being cut.

Why aren't they eligible for the practice squad?

Quote:Why aren't they eligible for the practice squad?

Too many accrued seasons. Omameh is a 4-year vet, and Bernadeau is a 9-year vet on his last tank.

'02

Brandon Allen will break a fingernail in the 4th preseason game and be placed on IR, freeing up a space for another DL, OL, or LB.

Quote:Brandon Allen will break a fingernail in the 4th preseason game and be placed on IR, freeing up a space for another DL, OL, or LB.

When we drafted Brandon Allen I heard he probably will be a practice squad player.

Quote:When we drafted Brandon Allen I heard he probably will be a practice squad player.

That was a long time ago. At this point I'm convinced he won't last on the PS.

Besides, he's better than Henne. Should the worse happen and Bortles goes down for multiple games, there will very likely be a point in time when Henne is choking so bad you simply have to yank him. You'd really want Allen available then.

'02

Quote:That was a long time ago. At this point I'm convinced he won't last on the PS.

Besides, he's better than Henne. Should the worse happen and Bortles goes down for multiple games, there will very likely be a point in time when Henne is choking so bad you simply have to yank him. You'd really want Allen available then.

Brandon Allen never played against the Bengals, which surprised me. I don't know how he will be ready to play in the regular season without those snaps. Hopefully he holds on to the #3 job.

Quote:Surprise IR guys are sample and day.

I think Walters wins the 5th wr spot. Pullard makes it with Tripp. They only keep 3 TEs.

Day returned to practice today (I saw it on the facebooks).
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Day returned to practice today (I saw it on the facebooks).

After reading reports on fake Twitter accounts, I will not accept anything on Facebook as credible news.