Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5

That protection for Fields is amazing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chicago looks like a real team right now. Could be the level of competition. But they are moving the ball. And the D is playing well, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 08:59 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-05-2023, 08:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That protection for Fields is amazing
Yeah. He's had plenty of time tonight against a good front four. Anytime he's had a clean pocket though he's put the ball on the money.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(10-05-2023, 08:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Chicago looks like a real team right now. Could be the level of competition. But they are moving the ball. And the D is playing well, too.

Doing it for Butkus.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 09:18 PM by I am Yoda.)

He’s targeted Kmet several times. TE is a quarterback’s best friend.

(10-05-2023, 09:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: He’s targeted Kmet several times. TE is a quarterback’s best friend.

That throw in the end zone should have been PI.

Man, the Bears are playing like they want this game!

Hopefully Chicago doesn't blow this lead. Washington has been flat.

Fields is playing like a franchise QB tonight. Good for him.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah. Glad to see the kid having success!

Also, I pull for any team against Washington, the wokest team in the NFL.

Great to see fields doing good

Wow that was soft
Horrible defence there

Bears gonna give this one away, too.

What was the crowd chanting there as they went to break? It sounded like "Let's go Redskins", but I'm sure I misheard it.

Fields to Moore again. Career night for the both of them.

(10-05-2023, 11:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Fields to Moore again. Career night for the both of them.

Glad to see them survive the 3rd quarter and close it out.

(10-05-2023, 10:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: What was the crowd chanting there as they went to break?  It sounded like "Let's go Redskins", but I'm sure I misheard it.

That's what I heard too. It's really only the loud minority who wanted the name change, and after they lost the trademark rights it was only a matter of time before the name was dropped(Can't sue people who use it, this is why South Park meme'd the [BLEEP] out of them). There's petitions to go back, but in today's wacky political climate, no chance.

(10-06-2023, 09:11 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 10:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: What was the crowd chanting there as they went to break?  It sounded like "Let's go Redskins", but I'm sure I misheard it.

That's what I heard too. It's really only the loud minority who wanted the name change, and after they lost the trademark rights it was only a matter of time before the name was dropped(Can't sue people who use it, this is why South Park meme'd the [BLEEP] out of them). There's petitions to go back, but in today's wacky political climate, no chance.

I read in an article, somewhere, that the new ownership group is moving to change the name again. It won't be the Redskins, but something catchier than the lamest name in all of professional sports. Although, the Cleveland Guardians is up there with them.

i don't even think the wash. safeties were even on the field. how can you let one guy get 90% of the Receiving yards. ridiculous.

(10-06-2023, 09:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 09:11 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: That's what I heard too. It's really only the loud minority who wanted the name change, and after they lost the trademark rights it was only a matter of time before the name was dropped(Can't sue people who use it, this is why South Park meme'd the [BLEEP] out of them). There's petitions to go back, but in today's wacky political climate, no chance.

I read in an article, somewhere, that the new ownership group is moving to change the name again. It won't be the Redskins, but something catchier than the lamest name in all of professional sports. Although, the Cleveland Guardians is up there with them.

remember Major League?

I read this comment and immediately heard Bob Uecker "Swing and a miss, strike three!"

Just ignorant. Learn something Shame all our city's bridges can't just be boring steel trusses.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 07:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Damn, was who i wanted in the first. Our secondary would be elite

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/10/joey-p...week-five/

Seem the safety (Rudy Ford) we cut last year found himself a home in Green Bay.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-09-2023, 10:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Seem the safety (Rudy Ford) we cut last year found himself a home in Green Bay.

Yeah - was a bit of a surprise he got cut here - flashed in the preseason for us that year. 
May have been a better depth guy than Daniel Thomas - but Thomas has been good on special teams for us (minus the tinhorns kick return)