Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some of you owe Calvin Ridley an apology

He is HIM and there were people questioning if he was the best receiver on this team as recently as last week.  

Did he make his share of mistakes especially in the Houston Texans game? Yes and Quite frankly, he deserves his share of criticism because of it.  At the same time, a defensive coordinator will tell you what they think of a certain person based on how they game plan for him. 

Every game this season a defensive coordinator of the opposite team has put their best cornerback on him and a safety over the top as well.  So therefore, players such as Christian Kirk and Evan Ingram are having their share of success this season because of the attention Calvin Ridley is receiving from various defensive coordinators this season.

So put some Respeck on his name because once this season has concluded i believe he will be regarded as one the better receivers in all of football.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 06:40 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Just give me Kirk and Jones. Ridley ain’t a true #1.

(10-08-2023, 06:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just give me Kirk and Jones. Ridley ain’t a true #1.

Ridley is absolutely a number 1 WR.  We need Ridley, you can tell his rust is wearing off

I thought it was odd we had fans turning on Ridley

Thought today would put an end to that

Guess not LOL

(10-08-2023, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought it was odd we had fans turning on Ridley

Guess not LOL

I didn't think it was odd, you have to consider the source.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

After today, he qualifies as our #2 RB.

(10-08-2023, 06:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought it was odd we had fans turning on Ridley

Guess not LOL

I didn't think it was odd, you have to consider the source.

I should learn to never be surprised around here.

The instant-gratification-demanding-overreacting-with-low-football-IQ  set seems to be strong amongst the Duval faithful. 
"faithful" probably not the best word there on second thought

Ridley's speed and sudden stop/break ability make his come back route automatic. It's money and nearly impossible to defend. Keep going to it.

lololol wow

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I treat all players the same on a weekly basis. If you played great? I'll praise you. If you played like [BLEEP]? I'll [BLEEP] post about you.

He had a good showing in week one, proceeded to drop the ball in weeks two and three. Made a nice TD catch in week four. Promptly feasted on a ravaged secondary today in week five.

Hopefully he can chain a few good games together in a row. Especially at home. He looked like a liability in weeks two and three. [Image: 3d56a810ecab2fa1e6229c44c8611240.gif]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-08-2023, 07:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ridley's speed and sudden stop/break ability make his come back route automatic. It's money and nearly impossible to defend. Keep going to it.

Yes.
Trevor and Zay had a good thing going with that route and Ridley is even more deadly with it. 

TL and Rid have developed good chemistry/timing with the back shoulder stuff too.
Those types of sideline throws are great to see happening. Was a missing element of our offense last year for the most part.

He was out for a whole year plus. He needed a few games to get used to live action. He was money all game long and ran pristine routes.

If ur a 1 and the defense comes out in 0 coverage with a safety on you, you change the game. He changed the game!

(10-08-2023, 06:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just give me Kirk and Jones. Ridley ain’t a true #1.

You have de-railed

(10-08-2023, 08:17 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:

You have de-railed

Now now, you don't know his situation. He could have fallen and hit his head or got hit with a hammer or something. 

At least we all hope there's an excuse..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

He’s getting back, but we still haven’t seen THE catch where he makes and insane play on the ball. We also haven’t seen consistency, for now ID say he’s a fringing on #1 but not there yet. He’ll get there tho

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 11:33 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Anyone who didn't think Ridley is a #1 never watched his Atlanta tape, he's a monster. Any if you didn't expect him to have some rust after missing 2 seasons you were delusional.

(10-08-2023, 11:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: He’s getting back, but we still haven’t seen THE catch where he makes and insane play on the ball. We also haven’t seen consistency, for now ID say he’s a fringing on #1 but not there yet. He’ll get there tho

um, yeah we have. In Atlanta a ton and here multiple times.

Why? He was substandard in games 2 and 3. Much better today.

Christian Kirk is still the most CONSISTENT reciever on this team, and many fans equate 'best' with consistency. I wouldnt disagree with them.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Why would anyone owe him an apology for noticing him playing bad?

He was dropping the ball. The other stuff wasn't on him, it was on the play call and Trevor locking on to him and throwing it no matter what.

He deserved to be called out for his bad play. He also was affecting the offense because what made the Jags and Trevor good was spreading the ball around to whoever was open. That wasn't his fault but they have seemed to stop the forced throws and Trevor is finding the open WRs more the last 2 games.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(10-08-2023, 07:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I treat all players the same on a weekly basis. If you played great? I'll praise you. If you played like [BLEEP]? I'll [BLEEP] post about you.

He had a good showing in week one, proceeded to drop the ball in weeks two and three. Made a nice TD catch in week four. Promptly feasted on a ravaged secondary today in week five.

Hopefully he can chain a few good games together in a row. Especially at home. He looked like a liability in weeks two and three. [Image: 3d56a810ecab2fa1e6229c44c8611240.gif]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

this right here. no apologies necessary for those of us not swinging like a pendulum and overreacting based on one game or another.

If the dude puts together an entire season, I'll be happy to say he's back. The arrow is certainly pointing up, and I'm glad we're along for the ride with him on this process. I don't *think* he's gonna fade over the duration of a season, but we don't really know until we grind on through the better part of the year. As NH3 likes to say, Time Will Tell. Wink

Please learn the nuances of football before you make a statement like this with a straight face. Lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]