Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some of you owe Calvin Ridley an apology

That comeback route on the sideline was a staple in the offense yesterday. We were able to possess the ball a lot because of some nice 3rd down catches. No drops, had the big play down the sideline to setup the game winning score by Etienne. It's a week-to-week and what have you done for me lately league, and he gets an A for the week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In my honest opinion, Ridley and ETN were our 2 major factors of victory yesterday. Ridley and ETN both made extremely clutch first down runs and catches. Without either, I think that was a loss yesterday.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

My favorite threads.

"Apologize to the player for calling them out when they played poorly!"

Ridley was great week 1 and week 5. He was bad weeks 2-4 with many drops.

He hopefully knocked that rust off and will continue getting better each week.

(10-09-2023, 12:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My favorite threads.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out bad play.
I do it every week with the OL.

It's the folks that were calling to bench him and jumping the shark with the "won't be a Jag next year, so screw him" stuff that I found woefully premature/over-reactionary. 

That was only a small handful of fans, so... no biggie really. Fans gonna fan. 
I've over-reacted to plenty of things. 

At least now we've seen the few remaining Lawrence haturz graduate from "he sux" to "he's not elite." LOL 

Moving forward I think we'll see Ridley play more like week 5 than those slump games he trudged through.

(10-09-2023, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My favorite threads.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out bad play.

It's the folks that were calling to bench him and jumping the shark with the "won't be a Jag next year, so screw him" stuff that I found woefully premature/over-reactionary. 

At least now we've seen the few remaining Lawrence haturz graduate from "he sux" to "he's not elite." LOL 

Moving forward I think we'll see Ridley play more like week 5 than those slump games he trudged through.

Not gonna open that bag of worms but i'll just say coming from you, that's an extremely hypocritical statement.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2023, 12:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out bad play.

Not gonna open that bag of worms but i'll just say coming from you, that's an extremely hypocritical statement.

There's "pointing out bad play" and then there's "hyper criticism founded in flawed analysis." 

Two different things. If I think it's the latter - I'll call it out. That's part of talking football around here. 

You think you were on to something with your critique - and I think it was hogwash. Let's leave it at that. 
We disagree.
Water long under the bridge I'd like to think. I have no desire to denigrate your opinions right now, OK?

(10-09-2023, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Not gonna open that bag of worms but i'll just say coming from you, that's an extremely hypocritical statement.

There's "pointing out bad play" and then there's "hyper criticism founded in flawed analysis." 

Two different things. If I think it's the latter - I'll call it out. That's part of talking football around here. 

You think you were on to something with your critique - and I think it was hogwash. Let's leave it at that. 
We disagree.
Water long under the bridge I'd like to think. I have no desire to denigrate your opinions right now, OK?

I called out bad play as I saw it, and I've called out the good as he's progressed. He has improved immensely over the course of the last year that dosen't take away from the flaws he once had nor invalidate the opinion observation

But yeah water un the bridge.

(10-09-2023, 12:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out bad play.

not gonna do [thing], but I'll do [thing] anyway.

Exceptional especially when you are calling someone out for being hypocritical.

Grape jerb.