Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Colts talk

Time to sweep the clots!  Ninja
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tough turn around week. Jag bodies pretty well acclimated to EU by now. (hope they didn't get hooked on afternoon tea) While that was good for the game vs Bills now we have to get right before Sunday. Also, should be watching the injury reports. I thought they said we were using Hance at tackle there at the end.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Tough turn around week. Jag bodies pretty well acclimated to EU by now. (hope they didn't get hooked on afternoon tea) While that was good for the game vs Bills now we have to get right before Sunday. Also, should be watching the injury reports. I thought they said we were using Hance at tackle there at the end.
Hance was at LT after Robinson went down

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(10-08-2023, 11:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Tough turn around week. Jag bodies pretty well acclimated to EU by now. (hope they didn't get hooked on afternoon tea) While that was good for the game vs Bills now we have to get right before Sunday.  Also, should be watching the injury reports. I thought they said we were using Hance at tackle there at the end.
Hance was at LT after Robinson went down

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no fear of the Colts if Anthony Richardson plays. If Minshew plays it might be close.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 06:09 AM by Newton.)

(10-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Tough turn around week. Jag bodies pretty well acclimated to EU by now. (hope they didn't get hooked on afternoon tea) While that was good for the game vs Bills now we have to get right before Sunday.  Also, should be watching the injury reports. I thought they said we were using Hance at tackle there at the end.

As someone who just came back from the London  trip, it’s easier to acclimate in this direction no doubt.

Seen the same guys saying we would beat the Texans. And the same guys saying we would lose to the Bills. Moss just went for a buck 65 and they still have Taylor over there on offense. Pittman was a problem in week 1 and so was Buckner. Minshew going to have a chip on his shoulder.

Jaguars have to play sound football. Offensive line might have to patch work it. Gotta convert those 3rd downs.

If you let a team like the Colts hang around they will beat you.

These are games, we need to win. The schedule gets even a little bit harder I think when the jags start to play the afc north later on.

(10-08-2023, 07:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 06:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Minshew vs Lawrence

Looks like it will be. I can think of a few posters on here who will be dying for Minshew to win this one. Colts have looked pretty good so far and will be a tough game but these are the games we need to let the rest of the division know who the Champs currently are.

Get the W, go to 4-2 and get ready for TNF at New Orleans.

At this point, Minshew is a better QB than Richardson but he’s pretty conventional so should be easier to defend. Probably wouldn’t make as many mistakes. This game is huge.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-09-2023, 08:11 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 07:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looks like it will be. I can think of a few posters on here who will be dying for Minshew to win this one. Colts have looked pretty good so far and will be a tough game but these are the games we need to let the rest of the division know who the Champs currently are.

Get the W, go to 4-2 and get ready for TNF at New Orleans.

At this point, Minshew is a better QB than Richardson but he’s pretty conventional so should be easier to defend. Probably wouldn’t make as many mistakes. This game is huge.

Minshew's achillies heel is the middle rush. It interferes with his vision. Most teams figured that out when he was here. Nice to have a few of our DL guys back

I think Cam Robinson is fine from what I heard on the radio this morning. Little I think is going to have an MRI done. Zay Jones may have reaggravated that same knee injury from earlier this year.

We just need to set the tone and get off to a fast start. I liked what I saw out of Etienne yesterday. He's making a lot of effort plays after getting stuck behind a log jam. If Lawrence can play as good as he did yesterday against that front seven with that much pressure on him, cut back on the fumbles, he'll be fine.

Defensively we just need to keep it going. Would like to see some sacks put on the stat sheet but I'll take the run defense dominance all day and the turnovers over sacks. Especially if it results in 20 points or less being surrendered.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We can't get healthy fast enough for me.

(10-08-2023, 09:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 09:07 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: 2014

Jags lost 17-44

We also lost in 2013 and 2012, 

3-37 in 2013 and 10-27 in 2012

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/game/9-21-2...-jax-14975

So this will be 10 years straight, nice.  We have their number in Jax

Yeah, just like Houston has ours in Jax.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-08-2023, 07:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They're a scrappy team. It's not by accident that they are also 3 - 2.

They still play zone defense. Buckner is still a homewrecker if you don't account for him.

I think it starts up front like it always does. Give 16 time in the pocket and good things will tend to happen.

Need to see where Hamilton and Smoot are at physically for their return. Our run defense is good. Our secondary had it's moments today against a quality QB and WR.

That quality dips down a bit this Sunday but obviously you cant sleep on a divisional opponent.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Grover Stewart as well.  He's been great this year.  Blocking Stewart and Buckner will be key

(10-08-2023, 07:31 PM)EricC85 Wrote: If we don't beat ourselves we win big. That said we haven't played a game we don't shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly yet so I don't know....

I dunno, depends if we can stop Taylor. If we do and make whoever their QB is beat us, we should blow the doors off the Colts. If Taylor gets going it could be a long day.

(10-09-2023, 10:28 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 07:31 PM)EricC85 Wrote: If we don't beat ourselves we win big. That said we haven't played a game we don't shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly yet so I don't know....

I dunno, depends if we can stop Taylor. If we do and make whoever their QB is beat us, we should blow the doors off the Colts. If Taylor gets going it could be a long day.

Zack Moss appears to be every bit as good as Taylor. It's weird how interchangeable running backs are in the right offenses.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-08-2023, 06:47 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is a 1.5 game. Divisional game. This game is huge and if we can come out with a victory we can take a strangle hold on this division. 

Colts Jags talk..

They got Taylor back.

and they lost Richardson.

Pick your poison, I guess.

I think a lot depends on the state of Cam and Little. Both leaving the game is a concern. Has Harrison learned some stuff to use against Buckner this second time around?

We usually play them way better at home than at Indy. It's also nice to know we'll be facing Minshew and not Richardson, completely different skill set. Minshew needs a clean pocket to be effective. They ran it down Tennessee's throat, so there should be a heavy emphasis on stopping the run which is nothing new.

(10-09-2023, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/17...81154?s=20

Fingers crossed on Little. 

What would be the contingency plan?

Robinson - LT
Hance or Shatley - LG?

When they ran the ball 26 times yesterday, again, I didn't get to watch the game. But, curious. Which side of the line did they favor with Etienne running attack wise?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."