Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Colts talk

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 11:34 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(10-09-2023, 10:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 10:28 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I dunno, depends if we can stop Taylor. If we do and make whoever their QB is beat us, we should blow the doors off the Colts. If Taylor gets going it could be a long day.

Zack Moss appears to be every bit as good as Taylor. It's weird how interchangeable running backs are in the right offenses.

Yeah I saw him go off, hoping to grab him off waivers in FF as I see him splitting with Taylor for a few weeks/staying in the mix all season after that performance. I already lost a back to IR this year and Jefferson is joining him. My team is getting thin lol.

(10-09-2023, 12:25 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Fingers crossed on Little. 

What would be the contingency plan?

Robinson - LT
Hance or Shatley - LG?

When they ran the ball 26 times yesterday, again, I didn't get to watch the game. But, curious. Which side of the line did they favor with Etienne running attack wise?
I thought shatley looked ok-good at LG. I know people like to bring in pff grades and I don’t know where he sits on that spectrum but I thought from the eye test he filled the void well. By eye test I mean he didn’t stand out as a glaring hole so I am not worried about him filling that void in the absence of little. 

Honest question: why would we not put shatley at center and fortner at guard if he is as weak as people are claiming. I heard some people say fortner is a better guard than center, I just wonder if that move wouldn’t be beneficial. I know nyc is a big fortner defender so I’m curious to hear what he thinks.

PFF is nonsense in generally but even moreso for O linemen. He will be serviceable, and looked fine vs the Bills. Hoping all our guys make a speedy recovery.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags gonna own this game.. From the start to finish.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...46857?s=20

No Little this week but thankfully he didn't have a major injury.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Pesky divisional games are usually close, even when we have such an easy talent advantage. Then, there’s the psychological effects of just having beaten the Bills. The Colts seem to have a new-found mental toughness that enables them to win these kind of games. Bad mojo…

(10-10-2023, 12:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...46857?s=20

Ugh 

This sucks

Hope Hance plays like he did breifly last week
He was solid

It’s next man up baby. The train don’t stop.

(10-10-2023, 12:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...46857?s=20

Is anyone else reporting this? She's already dropped some stuff that was accurate this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2023, 01:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Ugh 

This sucks

Hope Hance plays like he did breifly last week
He was solid

Yea, me too. Although there is a difference coming in after the opposing defence has been on the field fo what 60+ plays and the beginning. I have my fingers crossed!
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Im really hoping Cams first game back was just rust and he plays better against the Colts

Cam was always a flag magnet. He did a little better last season but his old ways showed up against the Bills.

The first half will be a bit ugly. But, in the second half, the Jaguars will run away with the win.

Worst case scenario: It will be like that revenge game Gabbert had against the Jaguars when he was with the 49ers.

Better news than expected

The rookie had some annoying flags vs the bills.

We need this game to get a lead which may end up being temporary after next month.

Here's the Colts schedule after us:
Browns
Saints
Panthers
Patriots

And ours:
Saints
Steelers
49ers
Titans

I see the Colts going 3-1 and us 2-2 at best. We need this to not fall behind a game at the halfway point of the year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 03:13 AM by Jag88.)

(10-11-2023, 02:08 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: We need this game to get a lead which may end up being temporary after next month.

Here's the Colts schedule after us:
Browns
Saints
Panthers
Patriots

And ours:
Saints
Steelers
49ers
Titans

I see the Colts going 3-1 and us 2-2 at best.  We need this to not fall behind a game at the halfway point of the year.

Yep. Serious business

Injury report comes out today. Hoping for the best.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 08:31 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Barring any major setbacks with the injury report. I think we'll win this game convincingly. I expect a Buffalo like performance against these guys at home minus the late 4th quarter heroics and rally attempt. I like Minshew. However, he doesn't have the cannon for an arm like Allen does.

I think Walker will turn the corner in this game. Was encouraging to see four pressures last Sunday. If he can convert just two of those into sacks it'll be a nice boost for the defense. At some point we need to see somebody flash outside of just Josh Allen.

I think our run defense will dictate the entirety of this game with them. Engram was a little quiet against the Bills as well. I expect a big game out of him working the zone coverages down the seams.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 08:43 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2023, 08:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Barring any major setbacks with the injury report. I think we'll win this game convincingly. I expect a Buffalo like performance against these guys at home minus the late 4th quarter heroics and rally attempt. I like Minshew. However, he doesn't have the cannon for an arm like Allen does.

I think Walker will turn the corner in this game. Was encouraging to see four pressures last Sunday. If he can convert just two of those into sacks it'll be a nice boost for the defense. At some point we need to see somebody flash outside of just Josh Allen.

I think our run defense will dictate the entirety of this game with them. Engram was a little quiet against the Bills as well. I expect a big game out of him working the zone coverages down the seams.

I think the Colts' defensive tackles will give us all sorts of problems.  I just hope Pederson has figured out a game plan to minimize those problems.  That's the one area where they have an overwhelming advantage over us.

And jet lag can be a problem, too.  I know the players get over it in a day or two, but that's a day or two of preparation lost.

(10-11-2023, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Barring any major setbacks with the injury report. I think we'll win this game convincingly. I expect a Buffalo like performance against these guys at home minus the late 4th quarter heroics and rally attempt. I like Minshew. However, he doesn't have the cannon for an arm like Allen does.

I think the Colts' defensive tackles will give us all sorts of problems.  I just hope Pederson has figured out a game plan to minimize those problems.  That's the one area where they have an overwhelming advantage over us.

Should see a lot of pocket movement and shifting around to get ahead of it. I didn't like seeing Lawrence getting clobbered by Oliver off and on from what I saw in bits and pieces. 

Maybe try and get a few screens executed early to Etienne or Bigsby. Maybe a try a quick TE screen to Engram or Strange. Just to maybe get the big fellas second guessing and not trying to pursue downhill on the pocket so much. 

It'll be tough but after five games of them dealing with the up's and down's of blocking in general something has to give. Just need to get this Sunday and next Thursday over with so they can rest up with that bye week.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This has let down game written all over it. Colts are a solid team. Only takes a few big plays or bounces in either direction that could swing it. Just gotta make the big plays when the opportunity presents themselves and have to avoid dumb mistakes. Bills game was as close as a complete game as we've had this year but still a lot of points were left on the table.