Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Colts talk

Feel like this could be the proverbial let down game. We usually perform pretty well at home against the Clots, but they aren't usually tied with us for first place. This is for the division lead and we gotta come out with the same energy we had in London.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 09:39 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2023, 08:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: This has let down game written all over it.  Colts are a solid team.  Only takes a few big plays or bounces in either direction that could swing it.  Just gotta make the big plays when the opportunity presents themselves and have to avoid dumb mistakes.  Bills game was as close as a complete game as we've had this year but still a lot of points were left on the table.

(10-11-2023, 09:10 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Feel like this could be the proverbial let down game.  We usually perform pretty well at home against the Clots,  but they aren't usually tied with us for first place.  This is for the division lead and we gotta come out with the same energy we had in London.

I think because of what happened against the Chiefs at home in week two, followed by what many would consider the let down game in week three against the tinhorns? I don't see this team undermining, underperforming or mentally slipping again this year. 

They got it out of their system early. This team is streaky. Just like it was last year. I think they'll be mentally prepared and focused to maintain the top seed in the AFC South coming off a back-to-back winning effort with defensive dominance really. 

I think we're going to be fine. I really do. Seems like they're coming to terms with what they can and cannot do offensively and if Lawrence is going to stand back in the pocket, take the hits and deliver? It may have to be that way for quite some time this season. 

If anybody can do it? It's Lawrence with this offense. 

Jaguars get a win this Sunday. I expect us to bring the brooms out this Sunday. I say we win 35 - 17.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

i have ultimate confidence right now in the offence this was the 2nd straight game with minimal drops and efficent. lawrence has been great all year so far. 5 good games. 2 games letdown by the Receivers. what i don't like is the Oline hope the guards pull something out there butts this week and hold down the LG and C better vs a team we already played.

(10-11-2023, 10:13 AM)icey14 Wrote: i have ultimate confidence right now in the offence this was the 2nd straight game with minimal drops and efficent.  lawrence has been great all year so far. 5 good games. 2 games letdown by the Receivers.  what i don't like is the Oline hope the guards pull something out there butts this week and hold down the LG and C better vs a team we already played.

Didn't get to watch the game. I did read he was pressured at least 22 times on 40 some odd pass attempts. Sacked 5 times. Looks like he was hit a decent amount as well.

For those who did catch the game. Did they have any designed rollouts, bootlegs or sprints for Lawrence to flush away from the interior of the line or did they ask him most of the time to stand back there and embrace it and work through it?

I think as a coaching staff they'll look at that game. See how much they can get away with interior wise, but, I would HOPE they have a back-up plan to get him moving and away from those issues inside there. For his sake. 

I think we can do that against this zone defense as well. Just stack from left or right with layered level routes designed to meet him on the that side of that designed roll out. Try to get the CB to cheat up expecting Lawrence to run with it. Catch them napping from time to time with some nice sideline catches.

I think this is a big opportunity for Engram to get open, find holes in the zones and really make them pay defensively. Should be a fun game. I just want to see some continued maturity and growth with the offense. We are what we are at this point with the line play. You can only work around it and take some risks here and there.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Don't worry. Jaguars are still going to the playoffs. NFL script writers and Vegas have the team's back.

(10-11-2023, 10:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 10:13 AM)icey14 Wrote: i have ultimate confidence right now in the offence this was the 2nd straight game with minimal drops and efficent.  lawrence has been great all year so far. 5 good games. 2 games letdown by the Receivers.  what i don't like is the Oline hope the guards pull something out there butts this week and hold down the LG and C better vs a team we already played.

Didn't get to watch the game. I did read he was pressured at least 22 times on 40 some odd pass attempts. Sacked 5 times. Looks like he was hit a decent amount as well.

For those who did catch the game. Did they have any designed rollouts, bootlegs or sprints for Lawrence to flush away from the interior of the line or did they ask him most of the time to stand back there and embrace it and work through it?

I think as a coaching staff they'll look at that game. See how much they can get away with interior wise, but, I would HOPE they have a back-up plan to get him moving and away from those issues inside there. For his sake. 

I think we can do that against this zone defense as well. Just stack from left or right with layered level routes designed to meet him on the that side of that designed roll out. Try to get the CB to cheat up expecting Lawrence to run with it. Catch them napping from time to time with some nice sideline catches.

I think this is a big opportunity for Engram to get open, find holes in the zones and really make them pay defensively. Should be a fun game. I just want to see some continued maturity and growth with the offense. We are what we are at this point with the line play. You can only work around it and take some risks here and there.

I don't recall designed rollouts being utilized.
Maybe one or two that I didn't key on, but was not an integral part of the game plan in general. 
Still relying on Trevor to make it happen on the vast majority of drop backs. 
With an added target in Ridley being added to the field - it sort of makes some sense to survey the route tree from the pocket more often. 

Also  - with the way teams have shut down sweeps, tosses, screens etc around the edge, I'm not all that convinced the rollouts are going to be much more effective than the drop backs in keeping Trevor clean. 
(the bills game was the first time we saw any consistent holes moving outside with those types of plays and three of them were misdirection/end arounds - the others largely ETN being good at making ppl miss) 
Would still like to see them try the rollout 3 or 4 times each week though. 

They've done it a few times this year targeting Engram and Kirk IIRC. Could probably do it more. 
Pederson does like to save up some stuff for certain opponents though. We def saw him install or bring back certain plays last year according to matchups. We saw some things disappear for two or three weeks at a time only to come back and be effective last season.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 12:52 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-11-2023, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 10:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't get to watch the game. I did read he was pressured at least 22 times on 40 some odd pass attempts. Sacked 5 times. Looks like he was hit a decent amount as well.

I don't recall designed rollouts being utilized.
Maybe one or two that I didn't key on, but was not an integral part of the game plan in general. 
With an added target in Ridley being added to the field - it sort of makes some sense to survey the route tree from the pocket more often. 

Also  - with the way teams have shut down sweeps, tosses, screens etc around the edge, I'm not all that convinced the rollouts are going to be much more effective than the drop backs in keeping Trevor clean. 
(the bills game was the first time we saw any consistent holes moving outside with those types of plays and three of them were misdirection/end arounds - the others largely ETN being good at making ppl miss) 

They've done it a few times this year targeting Engram and Kirk IIRC. Could probably do it more. 
Pederson does like to save up some stuff for certain opponents though. We def saw him install or bring back certain plays last year according to matchups. We saw some things disappear for two or three weeks at a time only to come back and be effective last season.

Man. Damned if we do, damned if we don't it sounds like. It's just going to come down to patience and match-up advantages / disadvantages.

I just hope it's sustainable. Lawrence looked like he got his [BLEEP] kicked on Sunday. I admire his courage and skill with a barrel pointed in his face but I do feel bad for him physically. 

It's all fine and well when we're winning and he's upright but, eventually he's going to get smacked and take awhile to get back up. That's the moment I fear.

(10-11-2023, 12:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't recall designed rollouts being utilized.

Man. Damned if we do, damned if we don't it sounds like. It's just going to come down to patience and match-up advantages / disadvantages.

I just hope it's sustainable. Lawrence looked like he got his [BLEEP] kicked on Sunday. I admire his courage and skill with a barrel pointed in his face but I do feel bad for him physically. 

It's all fine and well when we're winning and he's upright but, eventually he's going to get smacked and take awhile to get back up. That's the moment I fear.

I'm with you. 
He's just taking too many hits for my comfort level rt now. 

Here's ~10 of his bigger completions from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCh6lVlmpTc

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 02:45 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

We want this game bad.

Win jags!

GETTIN THE BROOM LIVE

SEE YALL SUNDAY

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 06:43 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I didnt know this. We likely chose this game

https://twitter.com/TheDestinAdams/statu...4%3Fs%3D46

(10-11-2023, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I didnt know this. He likely chose this game

Didn't know that neither. That's interesting.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(10-11-2023, 06:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I didnt know this. He likely chose this game

Didn't know that neither. That's interesting.

Doug said they weighed having the bye week later in the year as potentially better advantage to get banged up players healthy for a run

Saw the pff scores for the OL in the Bills game, and I’m getting worried. Scherff and Fortner are in the 40s, and Harrison was even worse. Little was the only decent rating (and he won’t play against Indy). Not sure that ETN will find any room against Buckner and Stewart, and the Colts’ average pass rush could still kill us with Anton sucking and Cam still shaking off the rust. We’re gonna need good game plans on O and D, bc we’re gonna lose both LoS…

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 07:25 PM by Newton.)

This is going to be a very tough game. Minshew will want to win, and they have a very good D line, like we saw the first game. They have been finding ways to win, and likely their confidence is now higher than it was for the first game. It’s going to take a whole team effort by the jags to win this game.

(10-11-2023, 07:25 PM)Newton Wrote: This is going to be a very tough game. Minshew will want to win, and they have a very good D line, like we saw the first game. They have been finding ways to win, and  likely their confidence is now higher than it was for the first game. It’s going to take a whole team effort by the jags to win this game.

Minshew can't make all the throws with proper velocity. 

I think our defense knows which ones to take away and dare him to make the ones he struggles with. 

He'll throw for 220 yards and 1 TD , 1 INT if I had to guess- not enough

We just need to make sure they don't break big runs at key moments

Maybe I am over confident. I don't know. I saw a team come together, rally and figure things out two weeks in a row after [BLEEP] everything up in a variety of ways collectively the previous two weeks.

I think they found their stride in London and they'll officially hit their stride this Sunday in Jacksonville. I don't think they'll lose another football game until November 12th when they play the NFC's best in the 49ers.

Then they'll need to get mentally refocused after that loss on what matters the most which is getting their first win over the tacks this year in our two games and getting even with the tinhorns to get up to an 8 - 3 record.

A tough divisional game given the state of the O-Line

I think we win this game handily.

42 - 24 Jags statement game.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 03:01 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

Offense needs to keep that momentum from London going. Stay on the field, distribute the wealth, finish drives positively. Ready for some Smoooooooooooooooooot this week.