Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Sims beating his chest for this Jaguars Defense. Campbell big props!

I think Chris Sims is all in on this defense. Maybe after his (zack wilson will be better than Lawrence) talk humbled him.  He glows over this defense for a few mins here

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 07:02 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

The kiss of death. The less either of those PFT idiots says about us, the better.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Who cares. Chris Simms is an [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Interesting comments if true on the pass rush playing more not to break contain than to necessarily get home. Would make sense given Allen’s ability to run. This doesn’t exonerate Sims from being a douche though.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 08:18 AM by Mikey.)

(10-11-2023, 06:43 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I think Chris Sims is all in on this defense. Maybe after his (zack wilson will be better than Lawrence) talk humbled him.  He glows over this defense for a few mins here

because of that Zach Wilson take, I can't bother paying attention to his blathering. He's a clickbait schill.

Our D performed so well in large part because the O kept them off the field. It's great that we forced a bunch of threes and out or didn't cave when they shot themselves in the foot with penalties or complete abandonment of the run, but at best I'd call us scrappy at this point.

We are not racking up sacks or forcing a heap of turnovers, we're doing enough to get off the field and let Trevor work.

I don't need that stinking tack taekmonger to tell me any different. I seen it with my own eyes.

(10-12-2023, 07:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Interesting comments if true on the pass rush playing more not to break contain than to necessarily get home.  Would make sense given Allen’s ability to run.  This doesn’t exonerate Sims from being a douche though.

"make him be a passer" is a very interesting gameplan when it comes to someone like Allen.

Consider me skeptical.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 09:52 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(10-12-2023, 08:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 06:43 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I think Chris Sims is all in on this defense. Maybe after his (zack wilson will be better than Lawrence) talk humbled him.  He glows over this defense for a few mins here

because of that Zach Wilson take, I can't bother paying attention to his blathering. He's a clickbait schill.

Our D performed so well in large part because the O kept them off the field. It's great that we forced a bunch of threes and out or didn't cave when they shot themselves in the foot with penalties or complete abandonment of the run, but at best I'd call us scrappy at this point.

We are not racking up sacks or forcing a heap of turnovers, we're doing enough to get off the field and let Trevor work.

I don't need that stinking tack taekmonger to tell me any different. I seen it with my own eyes.

(10-12-2023, 07:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Interesting comments if true on the pass rush playing more not to break contain than to necessarily get home.  Would make sense given Allen’s ability to run.  This doesn’t exonerate Sims from being a douche though.

"make him be a passer" is a very interesting gameplan when it comes to someone like Allen.

Consider me skeptical.

Buffalo has 13 on the year. Jax, Dal, and Pit have 11. We're actually doing really well in the forced turnover department
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 12:39 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Keep being opportunistic that's all I have to say. If the offense keeps playing up to its potential then we don't need that great of a defense. Getting Smoot back is going to help, and looks like Hamilton has started practicing again.

(10-12-2023, 12:27 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Keep being opportunistic that's all I have to say.  If the offense keeps playing up to its potential then we don't need that great of a defense.  Getting Smoot back is going to help,  and looks like Hamilton has started practicing again.

Would LOVE Hamilton back against the Colts this Sunday but, like Smoot, I think they give him an extra week of practice to get ready.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-12-2023, 08:17 AM)Mikey Wrote: "make him be a passer" is a very interesting gameplan when it comes to someone like Allen.

Consider me skeptical.

I took it to mean stop him from improvising and extending plays with his legs.

Chris Sims sucks.

Good teams find ways to beat you in a variety of ways. It all just works out in the end. I think this team, much like last year, in spite of all of it's glaring issues, and weaknesses? It just wills itself at times out of a dark hole and into daylight.

I don't care how they win. Just as long as they win.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-12-2023, 05:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...3645265026

This is so much better than anyone expected from this defense.

My hat is off to Mike Caldwell. He tweaked his system a bit and got everyone in place and playing with controlled aggression. 
Really great to see. 

I just hope that tinhorn game is the only big outlier.

What is most impressive is he is doing this with only 1 real pass Rusher.

(10-12-2023, 08:35 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: What is most impressive is he is doing this with only 1 real pass Rusher.

Just wait till we get Hunter
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 06:47 AM by The Real Marty.)

I watched part of the video of Chris Sims praising the Jaguars defense, but I quit when he said we were not rushing the passer on purpose.  Like we didn't actually want to sack Josh Allen.

(10-13-2023, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched part of the video of Chris Sims praising the Jaguars defense, but I quit when he said we were not rushing the passer on purpose.  Like we didn't actually want to sack Josh Allen.

It's not that we DIDN'T want to sack him, it's that containing him took priority. He's not wrong when he says Allen and Walker didn't rush as deep as usual and played a more controlled style of rush. Allen is his most dangerous when you let him improvise, we took that away and they struggled for 55 minutes. So Sims wording might be flawed when he said we "weren't going for sacks" because we were, but keeping him in the pocket was priority.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Statistically, Darious Williams is out producing Tyson Campbell this season…and every other CB in the National Football League.

(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Statistically, Darious Williams is out producing Tyson Campbell this season…and every other CB in the National Football League.

A great reason why you shouldn't just look at stats. Why throw at Campbell when you can just pick on Williams and Herndon? And trust me, other teams are doing exactly that.

(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Statistically, Darious Williams is out producing Tyson Campbell this season…and every other CB in the National Football League.

Statistically, Darious Williams has given up more 80 more yards than Tyson Campbell in 5 games. 
(I'm stoked Williams is excelling outside - but perspective is good here)