Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Colts Gameday***

(10-17-2023, 12:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010 talking about the terse consultation between Doug and Press outside the locker room after the game. Mia O’Brien said in all the games she’s covered, she’s never seen Press sprint down there from the coaches box like that.

Doug was not happy.

Well, considering the source, if MOB said it we should immediately discount it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2023, 12:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010 talking about the terse consultation between Doug and Press outside the locker room after the game. Mia O’Brien said in all the games she’s covered, she’s never seen Press sprint down there from the coaches box like that.

Doug was not happy.

He ran down to see the extend of the injury

(10-17-2023, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Doug was not happy.

I am sure it's nothing. It was probably to get the first ice cream bar or something.

Someone got a clip with no sound showing a HC talking to his OC after a game. Like they likely do after every single game as they both head to the locker room.

I've seen a ludicrous litany of narratives injected into that. 

We have absolutely zero clue what was said and whether or not anyone was upset about a play call.

(10-17-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am sure it's nothing. It was probably to get the first ice cream bar or something.

Someone got a clip with no sound showing a HC talking to his OC after a game. Like they likely do after every single game as they both head to the locker room.

We have absolutely zero clue what was said and whether or not anyone was upset about a play call.

Yeah. It's fun to speculate. Doug's not like Brian Daboll. You're not going to see him yapping at anybody for [BLEEP] up or making a mistake. He gives off big time Ward Cleaver vibes.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2023, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Someone got a clip with no sound showing a HC talking to his OC after a game. Like they likely do after every single game as they both head to the locker room.

Yeah. It's fun to speculate. Doug's not like Brian Daboll. You're not going to see him yapping at anybody for [BLEEP] up or making a mistake. He gives off big time Ward Cleaver vibes.

Almost as silly as the folks in week two saying "DouG ToOk OvEr PlaY CallS - He'S TalKiNg InTo a HeAdSeT aND HoLDiNG A PLaY ShEEt!!"

(I was briefly one of them - LOL)

(10-17-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am sure it's nothing. It was probably to get the first ice cream bar or something.

He called Press’s mother a naughty name and then threatened him with bodily injury.

Sheesh. You guys are no fun.

(10-17-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. It's fun to speculate. Doug's not like Brian Daboll. You're not going to see him yapping at anybody for [BLEEP] up or making a mistake. He gives off big time Ward Cleaver vibes.

Almost as silly as the folks in week two saying "DouG ToOk OvEr PlaY CallS - He'S TalKiNg InTo a HeAdSeT aND HoLDiNG A PLaY ShEEt!!"

I never got on that train, thankfully. It felt like execution to me. Especially in the loss to the Chiefs. It's funny looking back on it all now. It's been six weeks and the team is still 4 - 2 and leading the AFC South now. 

In between all the up's and down's and coulda, woulda, shoulda crowds. It's been all good man. All [BLEEP] and giggles. Up until that knee scare. It's all [BLEEP] and giggles until somebody giggles and [BLEEP].
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2023, 01:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Almost as silly as the folks in week two saying "DouG ToOk OvEr PlaY CallS - He'S TalKiNg InTo a HeAdSeT aND HoLDiNG A PLaY ShEEt!!"

I never got on that train, thankfully. It felt like execution to me. Especially in the loss to the Chiefs. It's funny looking back on it all now. It's been six weeks and the team is still 4 - 2 and leading the AFC South now. 

In between all the up's and down's and coulda, woulda, shoulda crowds. It's been all good man. All [BLEEP] and giggles. Up until that knee scare. It's all [BLEEP] and giggles until somebody giggles and [BLEEP].

Yeah - I've had no problem with Press's calls in general. Execution was def the greater evil early on.

(10-17-2023, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Someone got a clip with no sound showing a HC talking to his OC after a game. Like they likely do after every single game as they both head to the locker room.

He called Press’s mother a naughty name and then threatened him with bodily injury.

Sheesh. You guys are no fun.

That was the last guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I love Cam's pre game speech before the game