Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Strength of this team is not the offense. The Defense is our Strength

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 04:17 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 2 times in total.)

This defense forcing turnovers was the key to the win today. This offense was average most of the game. This defense is leading the league in turnovers and creating the opportunities for this sputtering offense to score. It isn't pretty but this defense is the real star of out team. Most of this season this defense has saved this offense's bacon time and time again.

I also believe this team needs to shift to a more focued run attack. Lawrence is taking too many hits. Run the ball and let this line maul .

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If they manage to fix the OL somehow. This team will be killing it every game on both sides.

you win how you can win. There seems to be some disappointment from the fan base regarding the fact the offense is not what we thought, but this is not really matched by the excitement regarding the defense blowing away our expectations. We are winning as a team right now. If the offense can get it going, then watch out

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 05:04 PM by carp8dm.)

When Pederson takes over the entire offense again, the offense will be cash.

But it's clear when Pederson let's Press call plays and when he takes over the play calling himself.

This offense is great. But there are moments when you can tell the difference between who's suggesting the play calls and who isn't... It's not even that hard to figure out anymore.

The LBers and Secondary are $$$$$$$

The Line can be cleaned up. When Allen leaves, I won't shed a tear....

OL is neutering the offense

Fix the line, fix the offense

Simple

(10-15-2023, 04:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: If they manage to fix the OL somehow. This team will be killing it every game on both sides.

This

(10-15-2023, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: OL is neutering the offense

Simple

(10-15-2023, 04:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: If they manage to fix the OL somehow. This team will be killing it every game on both sides.

This

O-Line looked pretty good this week... LOL.  Maybe you didn't watch the game.  But Lawrence had plenty of time.  The play calling drove him into pressure though.

Go back and watch the game.  This was a blow out.  Great Pass Protection for most of the day.  The only time Lawrence got into trouble was when he ran into the pressure or when the Play call forced him into it.

We need to trade for a OG stat

Also I don’t get how we have so many turnovers, sure we blitz but we never generate pressure

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 05:20 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Some series look really great. Some look really terrible. Never seems to be in-beteeen lol.

not sure if the stats back this up but it feels like we really struggle on short down and distance scenarios specifically on 3rd down. If we need to get a one or two yard gain to continue a drive, I don't have much confidence we can get it. Feels like our offense is constantly getting bogged down in those situations.

(10-15-2023, 05:13 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

Simple

This

O-Line looked pretty good this week... LOL.  Maybe you didn't watch the game.  But Lawrence had plenty of time.  The play calling drove him into pressure though.

Go back and watch the game.  This was a blow out.  Great Pass Protection for most of the day.  The only time Lawrence got into trouble was when he ran into the pressure or when the Play call forced him into it.
Looked pretty good compared to what? 

Trevor threw short and checked down often due to pressure. Watch the first offensive play. The pressure is shortening his vision of the field.

(10-15-2023, 05:13 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

Simple

This

I was at the game - like I am every home game

The OL sucked

ETN was stifled by horrible line play minus 2 runs - one on a direct snap. Another was a great pull block by Scherff before he got hurt. 
Trevor didn't have to do much today with the offense giving him a short field repeatedly.
He got good protection on a few of his throws which was a welcome change, but that line still sucks. 
Badly. 

If you weren't obsessing over Press Taylor you'd be able to see this through an unobscured lens but you're stuck in an idiot loop.

When the OL is mostly healthy, they are a strong team across the board. The drop off from starter to backup on the OL is tremendous, though. When healthy, theybare a good enough team to beat pretty much anybody in a variety of ways. But, the offense certainly hasn't been the prolific offense we all expected, while the defense has certainly "overacchieved" so far this year.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Speaking of defense.

BIGGG drop-off when Campbell exited.
clots/Minshew picked on Brown repeatedly.

Any word on severity of Campbells hammy?

We need an answer on the depth chart to back up an outside spot and apparently do not have one.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 05:41 PM by JagFan81.)

Simple

This

Thank you. Fix the line and watch this O go off.

(10-15-2023, 05:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Speaking of defense.

BIGGG drop-off when Campbell exited.
clots/Minshew picked on Brown repeatedly.

Any word on severity of Campbells hammy?

We need an answer on the depth chart to back up an outside spot and apparently do not have one.

TV coverage just said hamstring and unlikely to return.

Hopefully not too serious as Campbell is a stud. Wanted him on Olave on Thursday.

If Campbell can't go I wonder if Caldwell will opt for more man coverage and blitz Carr more frequently.

Carr had 50 pass attempts today and they only mustered 13 points. He was sacked twice and turned it over at least once via an INT.

It looks like Kamara was kept in check rushing wise. I think defensively we'll be good here in short order but Olave, Hill and Kamara can flip the field on you if you slip up just once.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I told you all before season started offensse would,be disappointing and to watch out for the Teal of doom. No one wanted to believe me.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-15-2023, 07:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I told you all before season started offensse would,be disappointing and to watch out for the Teal of doom. No one wanted to believe me.

You are the MAN!!!  Preach!!!!!

(10-15-2023, 07:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I told you all before season started offensse would,be disappointing and to watch out for the Teal of doom. No one wanted to believe me.

[Image: main-qimg-62e19b31a998e9c2e2b692a3350e61e6-pjlq]

It's hard to get people to listen around here

Dude, the Florida Gators are so trash!!!

Hopefully this City eventually realizes how garbage that swamp stinks.

Let's be a real City. Get rid of these podunk drop outs.