Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Strength of this team is not the offense. The Defense is our Strength

(10-15-2023, 09:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Dude, the Florida Gators are so trash!!!

Hopefully this City eventually realizes how garbage that swamp stinks. 

Let's be a real City.  Get rid of these podunk drop outs.

Huh?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 12:40 AM by Jag88.)

No, it’s the offense. However, the defense is playing excellent. One has to love what they see from this defense.

(10-15-2023, 05:20 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Some series look really great. Some look really terrible. Never seems to be in-beteeen lol.

This team is flying to the ball.

(10-15-2023, 05:13 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: OL is neutering the offense

Fix the line, fix the offense

Simple

This

O-Line looked pretty good this week... LOL.  Maybe you didn't watch the game.  But Lawrence had plenty of time.  The play calling drove him into pressure though.

Go back and watch the game.  This was a blow out.  Great Pass Protection for most of the day.  The only time Lawrence got into trouble was when he ran into the pressure or when the Play call forced him into it.

O line whiffed on a number of blocks, we had like 9 negative yardage plays.

Pret-ty gooooooood.

(10-15-2023, 07:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I told you all before season started offensse would,be disappointing and to watch out for the Teal of doom. No one wanted to believe me.

You also said the Cards were going to be in last year's superb owl

Might be a reason why ppl take snowyvisions with a grain of salt.

The interior of our O line is garbage. The Colts were getting penetration almost at will. I don’t know how many run plays were blown up behind or at the LOS because of those turnstiles. Not to mention the pressures and sacks on Lawrence.

(10-16-2023, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The interior of our O line is garbage. The Colts were getting penetration almost at will. I don’t know how many run plays were blown up behind or at the LOS because of those turnstiles. Not to mention the pressures and sacks on Lawrence.

Yes. Most fans are seeing this clearly now. As is every analyst following the team. 
It's a shame the front office didn't heed how often it was happening last year.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 12:18 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

LOL.  Number seven scoring offense in the league…five points less than KC.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2023, 12:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  Number seven scoring offense in the league…five points less than KC.

Wait!!

We're good at two things?!?!

Inconceivable!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 02:04 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

Simple

(10-15-2023, 04:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: If they manage to fix the OL somehow. This team will be killing it every game on both sides.

This

I agree with the old John Madden saying, "it all starts up front"

I agree the OL needs to be fixed but do not think that is going to happen this season. Barring a trade this team is stuck with this line. I say to focus more on the run so our QB can last this season.

(10-16-2023, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The interior of our O line is garbage. The Colts were getting penetration almost at will. I don’t know how many run plays were blown up behind or at the LOS because of those turnstiles. Not to mention the pressures and sacks on Lawrence.

ETN is that type of runner. He is not your 5 yards a carry back. He is that 2 yard, 3 yard, 1 yard, then 25 yard explosive type of back. There are times that he is at error on why run plays get blown up. There were times Sunday if he hit the hole hard and fast it would of been there but he kinda waited and got caught up in the backfield. It's a give/take thing.

(10-16-2023, 02:01 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:

Simple

This

I agree the OL needs to be fixed but do not think that is going to happen this season. Barring a trade this team is stuck with this line. I say to focus more on the run so our QB can last this season.

Well, the OL was better yesterday in protection even if their workload was lighter there thanks to short fields, 30 attempts, many of them quick etc - they protected better

They did not run Blk well tho, and that needs attention

Hoping Little will aid that some when back

Overall on topic - we have a good defense somewhat unexpectedly and a good offense that has just not quite hit their full stride yet in part due to OL issues. 
Not the worst place to be 6 weeks in at 4 and 2! 
I'm more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago

Defense wins championships. Offense gets the glory

(10-16-2023, 02:09 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Defense wins championships.  Offense gets the glory

This dynamic has changed some over the years - but it still matters. 
You need an offense that can keep up in a shootout sometimes nowadays - but defense can still win big games.

I saw the PFF grades from yesterday. Foye was elite.

https://i.redd.it/ov1bzwrnblub1.png

(10-16-2023, 02:01 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:

Simple

This

ETN is that type of runner. He is not your 5 yards a carry back. He is that 2 yard, 3 yard, 1 yard, then 25 yard explosive type of back. There are times that he is at error on why run plays get blown up. There were times Sunday if he hit the hole hard and fast it would of been there but he kinda waited and got caught up in the backfield. It's a give/take thing.

But more times than not, there were defenders in the backfield too quickly for plays to develop. 80% O line, 20% ETN.

(10-16-2023, 02:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I saw the PFF grades from yesterday. Foye was elite.

It matched the eye test.  I said yesterday he was playing at an elite level.  He's one of the most ILB in the game.

(10-16-2023, 02:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I saw the PFF grades from yesterday. Foye was elite.

I thought Devin Lloyd played well, and apparently so did PFF.

(10-16-2023, 08:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yes. Most fans are seeing this clearly now. As is every analyst following the team. 

The thing that is very difficult to understand (and extremely frustrating) is how some General Managers like T.B. can miss the obvious. No General Managers can hit on 100% of their decisions, but it seems like our guy misses more than most. The same could be said about Caldwell, Gene Smith and Shack Harris. Historically successful organizations like the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers seem to have figured all of this out.

While the interior line is likely going to be a weakness this season, do you believe Cooper Hodges has the potential to land a starting spot when he gets healthy?

(10-16-2023, 03:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 08:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes. Most fans are seeing this clearly now. As is every analyst following the team. 

The thing that is very difficult to understand (and extremely frustrating) is how some General Managers like T.B. can miss the obvious. No General Managers can hit on 100% of their decisions, but it seems like our guy misses more than most. The same could be said about Caldwell, Gene Smith and Shack Harris. Historically successful organizations like the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers seem to have figured all of this out.

While the interior line is likely going to be a weakness this season, do you believe Cooper Hodges has the potential to land a starting spot when he gets healthy?

I really have no idea how Hodges might look against NFL starters.
I will say that Hance is probably not the answer at RG if Scherff's injuries linger or resurface, so Tugboat may get a shot late in the year. 

Regarding the GMs and their records, they all have swings and misses. 
The Jags org has just had way too many 1st round misses and it has shown in our W/L column for a long time. 

As we stand now, nothing seems unfixable if the cap is managed really well and we avoid the big miss for a couple of years. Baalke may have hit on Walker Little and Anton Harrison - so if that turns out to be the case - fixing the interior shouldn't be as hard as landing bookends. Landing a good Center early-ish in the  draft or FA would do wonders.
Maybe then a mid round pick plus a mid-tier FA guard could get into next year's competition at the guard spots.

I think both are playing at a high level but have both had there ups and downs this year

(10-16-2023, 03:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 08:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes. Most fans are seeing this clearly now. As is every analyst following the team. 

I think before the season, the Jags brass saw a starting lineup for the first 4 games of Little-Bartch-Fortner-Scherff-Harrison.  And they thought when Cam came back, we would have a lineup of Robinson-Little-Fortner-Scherff-Harrison.  The assumption was that Scherff would be recovered from the ankle that hampered him last season, Fortner would be stronger and have a year experience, and Bartch was good enough for the first 4 games.  Then Little would slide inside and replace Bartch.  

Knowing what they (and a lot of other people) believed at the time, I don't see anything wrong with that.