Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Saints - TNF Discussion and Predictions

Short week; hobbled Trevor, down Campbell and two oline. 

Not sure if we can pull it off but this team seems to be putting early season woes behind it. 

Frick it, give me the jags in a slugfest, 20-14

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

i think Hamilton, Walker and Schreff are playing this week as well as Zay Jones.

we just need to play well on both sides of the ball again.

(10-16-2023, 12:20 PM)icey14 Wrote: i think Hamilton, Walker and Schreff are playing this week as well as Zay Jones.

we just need to play well on both sides of the ball again.
Whoa. I don't think all of them play.

If I had to guess, Walker takes another week off (extended rest), Scherff plays and Zay is legit 50/50.

Campbell out will be a problem

Depth is sketchy

Interior OL likely to struggle until Scherff and Little are good to go
Fingers crossed

I think Doug cooks up a good game plan
Hope the guys can get rested and turned around quickly

Some Beathard chatter on Twitter right now.....

What happened to Gregory Junior? I thought he would be the backup CB ahead of Montaric Brown.

(10-16-2023, 12:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What happened to Gregory Junior?  I thought he would be the backup CB ahead of Montaric Brown.

He's on IR

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...77769?s=20

Likely means Campbell is out.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 12:50 PM by homebiscuit.)

(10-16-2023, 12:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Some Beathard chatter on Twitter right now.....

I would rather see Rourke play than Statue Man.

(10-16-2023, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...77769?s=20

Likely means Campbell is out.

With a hammy, I’m venturing he’s out until after bye week, if not longer.

(10-16-2023, 12:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What happened to Gregory Junior?  I thought he would be the backup CB ahead of Montaric Brown.

He was placed on injured reserve in September.  Someone tell me if they know something that I don't, but I believe he's still on it.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 01:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think we'll figure it out. Carr seems to be struggling trying to find himself in New Orleans as a passer within their system. Kamara just got back but we seem to be very, very stout against the run to begin with.

I think it'll be a weird game very similar to week one. It'll be a bit of a lull for three quarters until the team wakes up in the four quarter, realizes it's primetime and runs away with it with a few crucial plays made as a team in all three aspects.

Shooting for a lower score though. Something like 23 to 16. With it being flat and close at the end of Q3 with us down 16 to 13 before we score a TD on offense after a nice return by Agnew and then we get a good defensive snag to tack on 3 at some point to close it out comfortably.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...87548?s=20

Doug has an odd demeanor on the podium. Doesn't have a lot of energy up there.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 01:07 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-16-2023, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...87548?s=20

Doug has an odd demeanor on the podium. Doesn't have a lot of energy up there.

Two weeks in London and a home game coming off 3 straight wins in a row with now 3 days to plan for a trip out to New Orleans will do that to you.

I would be running on fumes at that point. Maybe he needs to get him one of those giant cannon jugs of coffee that Campbell throws back like a damn Viking getting into Berserk mode up there in Detroit. 

Legitimately think this team is going to be biting people's kneecaps in New Orleans to scrape by with a win this Thursday. Looking forward to it personally. This is a big test for the team with the bye week shinning it's brilliant light at the end of one hell of a four game tunnel.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 01:17 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Watch Beathard light up the Ain'ts if he has to go. Weird league.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Trevor will play and they'll prolly make it a run heavy game. Saints are more susceptible to be run on anyway than gashed though the air.

I'm not worried about TL. He threw for 368 yards on the road the week after a much uglier injury last year.
More concerned with Montaric Brown starting at CB.

Injury report will be required reading this week.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-16-2023, 01:45 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Injury report will be required reading this week.

I think they'll be hush hush based on Dougs presser tone

Why give the saints info on status needlessly - seems to be the m.o. here

The first indication something is up is if they elevate a QB from practice squad or sign someone.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 02:12 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(10-16-2023, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trevor will play and they'll prolly make it a run heavy game.
I am 100% all for this.  Let ETN/bigsby run it 40 times. Sometimes the run opens up the pass.

(10-16-2023, 02:07 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The first indication something is up is if they elevate a QB from practice squad or sign someone.

At this point I think it's just better safe than sorry. I bet Trevor plays but if he can't go the team is prepared.