Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Saints - TNF Discussion and Predictions

Bye-bye to our FB/H-Back/OLB guy and hello to more DB depth with Campbell sidelined:

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...77769?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Be nice if the team somehow pulls off a win on Thursday if Campbell doesn't play.

So far, the Jags are favored by about 4 points. But I don't know how they can establish a line without knowing if Trevor will play.

(10-16-2023, 01:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Watch Beathard light up the Ain'ts if he has to go. Weird league.
Beathard wouldn’t make many “Wow!” plays but he can run the offense and is pretty accurate.

It’s not ideal but he is actually a pretty good backup in the league.

With that said, man I hope Trevor can go.

(10-16-2023, 03:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 01:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Watch Beathard light up the Ain'ts if he has to go. Weird league.
Beathard wouldn’t make many “Wow!” plays but he can run the offense and is pretty accurate.

True although Indy fans were saying the same thing about Minshew, lol. But seriously, I think Beathard could win a game for us in NOLA as long as the defense is playing like it did on Sunday. I’m a little concerned with overusing Entienne. He has the most attempts by a running back in the league so far and we’ll probably need to rely on him Thursday but we also need to start managing his touches a little bit. We want him to be strong by the end of the year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-16-2023, 03:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 03:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Beathard wouldn’t make many “Wow!” plays but he can run the offense and is pretty accurate.

True although Indy fans were saying the same thing about Minshew, lol. But seriously, I think Beathard could win a game for us in NOLA as long as the defense is playing like it did on Sunday. I’m a little concerned with overusing Entienne. He has the most attempts by a running back in the league so far and we’ll probably need to rely on him Thursday but we also need to start managing his touches a little bit. We want him to be strong by the end of the year.
Minshew stinks and yesterday proved that.

I would take Beathard over Minshew as a backup any day.

(10-16-2023, 03:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So far, the Jags are favored by about 4 points.  But I don't know how they can establish a line without knowing if Trevor will play.

And now I see we are favored by 1.

If Trevor plays, we win a close one. If Beathard starts, I’m less optimistic. He ain’t good. Would rather see O’Rourke, but that ain’t happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

If they can will themselves into a 5 - 2 record with the bye week coming up this team has a lot of great untapped potential.

Getting healthy and more rotational pieces back during the most important stretch of this season will help.

Really impressed with how they're pulling it all off at the moment after a 1 - 2 start. They just grind it out week-to-week.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 03:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: True although Indy fans were saying the same thing about Minshew, lol. But seriously, I think Beathard could win a game for us in NOLA as long as the defense is playing like it did on Sunday. I’m a little concerned with overusing Entienne. He has the most attempts by a running back in the league so far and we’ll probably need to rely on him Thursday but we also need to start managing his touches a little bit. We want him to be strong by the end of the year.

Hell doug may surprise us and give rourke his chance

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 04:24 PM by carp8dm. Edited 3 times in total.)

So Lawrence got an MRI... Which means it's more than just a bruise.

Just let him have a 10 day healing period and let's see how our back ups can play...

I remember back in 2007, Garrard went down for a few games... Our D and our offense held it together. And that was with Jack Del Rio as the HC. We have Doug Pederson now. I'm sure we can get Bethard or the other kid (forgot his name) to be servicable.

Hell, Pederson made limp (bleep) nick a SB winning QB. Why are we risking our Franchise QB on a game that to be honest, isn't really that big a deal.

Edit: I don't know if the word I was using is banned and slipped the auto-Mod. But I'm not taking any chances and "bleeped" the word myself.

it's a knee sprain which isn't considered a bad injury. his injury in Det last year was so much more worse and he never missed a game.

(10-16-2023, 04:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote: So Lawrence got an MRI...  Which means it's more than just a bruise. 

Just let him have a 10 day healing period and let's see how our back ups can play...

I remember back in 2007, Garrard went down for a few games...  Our D and our offense held it together.  And that was with Jack Del Rio as the HC.  We have Doug Pederson now.  I'm sure we can get Bethard or the other kid (forgot his name) to be servicable.

Hell, Pederson made limp (bleep) nick a SB winning QB.  Why are we risking our Franchise QB on a game that to be honest, isn't really that big a deal.

Edit:  I don't know if the word I was using is banned and slipped the auto-Mod.  But I'm not taking any chances and "bleeped" the word myself.

It does?  Perhaps you've heard of the word precautionary?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 04:34 PM by carp8dm.)

(10-16-2023, 04:27 PM)icey14 Wrote: it's a knee sprain which isn't considered a bad injury.  his injury in Det last year was so much more worse and he never missed a game.

A sprain is the stretching or tearing of a ligament...

So they MRI'd him to see if there was any tearing....  

Why risk it?  Sit him.  Give him 10 days to heal...  New Orleans on October 19th isn't the Superbowl.

(10-16-2023, 04:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 04:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote: So Lawrence got an MRI...  Which means it's more than just a bruise. 

I remember back in 2007, Garrard went down for a few games...  Our D and our offense held it together.  And that was with Jack Del Rio as the HC.  We have Doug Pederson now.  I'm sure we can get Bethard or the other kid (forgot his name) to be servicable.

Hell, Pederson made limp (bleep) nick a SB winning QB.  Why are we risking our Franchise QB on a game that to be honest, isn't really that big a deal.

Edit:  I don't know if the word I was using is banned and slipped the auto-Mod.  But I'm not taking any chances and "bleeped" the word myself.

It does?  Perhaps you've heard of the word precautionary?

Players jam up stuff all the time.  Hell Lawrence got blown up and twisted around at least 1 time per game for this entire season....  This is the one they MRI'd...  

So yeah, they are being precautionary now...  You know why??  Cuz it was a significant injury!!!  

You don't MRI every twist or strain.  There's a reason they MRI'd this one.  Let him heal, man.  Why play him Thursday night?  

You think beating the Saints in N.O. is must win?  Cuz it isn't.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 04:44 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-16-2023, 04:31 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 04:27 PM)icey14 Wrote: it's a knee sprain which isn't considered a bad injury.  his injury in Det last year was so much more worse and he never missed a game.

A sprain is the stretching or tearing of a ligament...

Why risk it?  Sit him.  Give him 10 days to heal...  New Orleans on October 19th isn't the Superbowl.

(10-16-2023, 04:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote: It does?  Perhaps you've heard of the word precautionary?

Players jam up stuff all the time.  Hell Lawrence got blown up and twisted around at least 1 time per game for this entire season....  This is the one they MRI'd...  

So yeah, they are being precautionary now...  You know why??  Cuz it was a significant injury!!!  

You don't MRI every twist or strain.  There's a reason they MRI'd this one.  Let him heal, man.  Why play him Thursday night?  

LOL.  Expert...and psychic too.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 03:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: True although Indy fans were saying the same thing about Minshew, lol. But seriously, I think Beathard could win a game for us in NOLA as long as the defense is playing like it did on Sunday. I’m a little concerned with overusing Entienne. He has the most attempts by a running back in the league so far and we’ll probably need to rely on him Thursday but we also need to start managing his touches a little bit. We want him to be strong by the end of the year.

I would too, just saying that backups in general can be hit or miss. I think Beathard can win for us on Thursday if he plays although it will take a big effort from the defense too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-16-2023, 04:42 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Minshew stinks and yesterday proved that.

I would too, just saying that backups in general can be hit or miss. I think Beathard can win for us on Thursday if he plays although it will take a big effort from the defense too.
Agreed.

If Beathard plays, I think it’ll be a tough day because the Saints defense is good and the team generally plays well at home.

(10-16-2023, 04:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 04:42 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I would too, just saying that backups in general can be hit or miss. I think Beathard can win for us on Thursday if he plays although it will take a big effort from the defense too.
Agreed.

If Beathard plays, I think it’ll be a tough day because the Saints defense is good and the team generally plays well at home.
0 - 3 in that dome.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2023, 04:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 04:31 PM)carp8dm Wrote: A sprain is the stretching or tearing of a ligament...

LOL.  Expert...and psychic too.

Is my definition of a sprain incorrect?

Is my analysis regarding Thursday's game off base?

He's gonna play