Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Saints - TNF Discussion and Predictions

(10-16-2023, 08:07 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: Hey Guys, just want to present myself: my name is Marcos, I'm from Brazil, been watching football since 2009. I'm a Eagles fan since 2010 and since you guys hired Doug I've been following the Jags, and reading this board, just now decided to create a account.
And reading you guys, reading jags fans and media on twitter/on sites, seeing how much you guys love the franchise has me hooked like a fan, specially suffering on gamedays like a fan #becausejaguars (but still struggling morally to call myself a fan of 2 teams Big Grin Big Grin ).

Now, back to the topic, the saints are also banged up.[Image: F8ljZEyXoAACJMd?format=jpg&name=large]

Welcome to the board

The saints injury report may prove to be a silver lining in this matchup ( that would normally not be daunting if not for our own injuries and the short week)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2023, 08:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 08:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...915L-t18Xg

I want Lawrence to do the full Kevin Spacey 'Usual Suspects' recovery walking out for the first snap.

I don't want Lawrence emulating Kevin Spacey. That guy's a creeper - sexually assaulting dudes.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Is the only way to watch this on Amazon Prime? Can’t see online that it shows a local channel or NFL network.
(10-16-2023, 07:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Is the only way to watch this on Amazon Prime? Can’t see online that it shows a local channel or NFL network.

I think TNF is only on Amazon Prime.
(10-16-2023, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yup TNF is only on Amazon Prime. If you don't have prime, there's a few different ways to watch it.

You can find a 3rd party stream of it if you're into that kind of thing.

Or you can watch it for free on Twitch.tv. Twitch is a live streaming platform owned by Amazon. They show all of the TNF games on there, legally of course.

Twitch.tv/PrimeVideo - This is the normal broadcast angle as you'd see on TV.

Twitch.tv/PrimeVision - This is an all-22 view of the game. It's the version I prefer to watch because you can see all of the players and their routes etc etc. It's also a little more stat focused if you're into that, but I watch it specifically for the all-22 view.
The game is on FOX locally in Jacksonville markets

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Can we eliminate chaisson from the equation

I watched a couple press conferences and locker room interviews and I can't recall a time I've watched a team discuss a loss and sound less like a team. 

I mean Kamara said during a locker room interview that he doesn't know how other players prepare he only knows how he prepares and how a couple of other guys prepare but hes not sure about several other players. That felt odd to me, I've never heard a player talk like that.

Then during the Derek Carr presser both after the game and his presser today both times he kept talking about players not being on the same page, players needing to know their assignments when the play is changed.

I don't know, I'm probably just reading to much into it. But it really felt to me like Carr was trying to blame other people for not doing their job rather than taking the blame even if it wasnt his fault.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(10-17-2023, 05:36 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: I watched a couple press conferences and locker room interviews and I can't recall a time I've watched a team discuss a loss and sound less like a team. 

I mean Kamara said during a locker room interview that he doesn't know how other players prepare he only knows how he prepares and how a couple of other guys prepare but hes not sure about several other players. That felt odd to me, I've never heard a player talk like that.

Then during the Derek Carr presser both after the game and his presser today both times he kept talking about players not being on the same page, players needing to know their assignments when the play is changed.

I don't know, I'm probably just reading to much into it. But it really felt to me like Carr was trying to blame other people for not doing their job rather than taking the blame even if it wasnt his fault.

He had a presser like that with the Raiders a year or two ago. He wasn’t necessarily wrong about it then. To me it points to a coaching staff that really doesn’t have the buy in from the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(10-17-2023, 06:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 05:36 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: I watched a couple press conferences and locker room interviews and I can't recall a time I've watched a team discuss a loss and sound less like a team. 

He had a presser like that with the Raiders a year or two ago. He wasn’t necessarily wrong about it then. To me it points to a coaching staff that really doesn’t have the buy in from the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats one thing we have a huge advantage of in this game.  Coaching

(10-17-2023, 02:23 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Can we eliminate chaisson from the equation

Hey, chaisson is 3rd on the team with 2 sacks on the year so far.

Sounds good to me. In Carr's defense. I would be pissed off too if I had 50 pass attempts and only 13 points to show for it in a game.

We just need to keep an eye on Kamara and Hill. Then wait on Carr to make his usual mistake or two.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2023, 07:17 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 02:23 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Can we eliminate chaisson from the equation

Hey, chaisson is 3rd on the team with 2 sacks on the year so far.

My grandma could of gotten those sacks if u go back and re watch them

(10-17-2023, 07:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 07:17 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Hey, chaisson is 3rd on the team with 2 sacks on the year so far.

You say that but there always a way to be worse, he could not even be trying lol.

But yeah, I want to see more Yasir...I think they don't want to shatter Chaisson confidence and will phase him out gradually

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 08:45 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

I have a weird feeling about this one. Could win, could lose. Could be a trap game like the Detroit game was last year. I question the health of this team and on a short week I don't know if we can be "up" for the game. Especially if Trevor doesn't play, and if he does play, how effective will he be? The Saints are a tough defense.

(10-17-2023, 08:06 AM)Marcos25067 Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 07:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: My grandma could of gotten those sacks if u go back and re watch them

You say that but there always a way to be worse, he could not even be trying lol.

But yeah, I want to see more Yasir...I think they don't want to shatter Chaisson confidence and will phase him out gradually

Thing is so far this year due to circumstances we have been forced to play with this line up. Smoot is now back and Devon will be back soon. Then we will see the vision they had from the beginning. What they have been doing ain't bad. 

On the bright side maybe we have been increasing Chaisson's value...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-17-2023, 08:44 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I have a weird feeling about this one.  Could win,  could lose.  Could be a trap game like the Detroit game was last year.  I question the health of this team and on a short week I don't know if we can be "up" for the game.  Especially if Trevor doesn't play,  and if he does play,  how effective will he be?  The Saints are a tough defense.

Do you EVER have a good feeling before a game?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-17-2023, 08:46 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 08:44 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I have a weird feeling about this one.  Could win,  could lose.  Could be a trap game like the Detroit game was last year.  I question the health of this team and on a short week I don't know if we can be "up" for the game.  Especially if Trevor doesn't play,  and if he does play,  how effective will he be?  The Saints are a tough defense.

Do you EVER have a good feeling before a game?

That's a tricky one.  Team is unpredictable in a better way than years past,  but we're about due for a letdown I feel like.  

We are a defensive team now apparently,  need those guys healthy.  I don't think we're healthy right now is making me feel bad about the game on a short week.

(10-16-2023, 05:16 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 05:14 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: He's gonna play

Whether he plays or not isn't up to us.

I'm just wondering if there is a logical reason to play him...  So far, I don't see one.

A reading from the book of Herm

Quote:You play to win the game.

If Tlaw can go, he goes, because our primary goal is to win the game.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

It all starts at the top, Dennis Allen is not a leader. They sound....disjointed.

Hopefully that bears itself in their preparation and gameplay Thursday.

I think the coaches will do well to get spirits up, but the past three weeks have to have taken their toll.

My biggest concern is that the heart is there, but the body is not, and we look as lethargic Thursday as the Bills did in London.

(10-17-2023, 08:50 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 08:46 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Do you EVER have a good feeling before a game?

That's a tricky one.  Team is unpredictable in a better way than years past,  but we're about due for a letdown I feel like.  

We are a defensive team now apparently,  need those guys healthy.  I don't think we're healthy right now is making me feel bad about the game on a short week.

While the defense has clearly been really good this year. Offensively they have also started turning the corner. They looked good against Buffalo and they took advantage of several opportunities in the win on Sunday. I think once they reach the bye week they can settle down a bit, regroup and rethink their personnel. 

It's a short week. If they can pull off a win and get a nice nine day rest though before playing Pittsburgh they'll be alright. Could be looking at a 6 - 2 team facing one of the NFC's best in San Fransico at home next month. 

Also, an easy trick to have a good feeling before the game? Knock back a beer or two, pack you a bowl of bud or sticky icky if you're into that kind of thing, or squeeze your ladies booty if you've got one of those in your life. 

Sometimes having the holy trinity of all of that above will make any gameday better, win or lose.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2023, 07:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 07:17 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Hey, chaisson is 3rd on the team with 2 sacks on the year so far.

No way, your grandma would have gotten majorly pancaked at the line of scrimmage.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.