Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS - Week 7

Short week, let's do this thing a little sooner than normal.

Last week was a good week for team teal. A strong showing from the D kept Indy at bay most of the afternoon, forcing Minshew into several costly mistakes. The offense took advantage of short fields, but a late play call has left our starting QB's status for this week in question. The ravens humiliated the tacks in London, keep the tacks in the AFCS cellar. The tinhorns stingy defense held the Aints to a lowly 13 points, and evened their record at 3-3. Two games separate worst from first, but the Jags have a short turnaround game, but a chance to extend their lead in the division this week. Not much chance for the TWITAFCS pickers to enhance their record this week....

You get one game to pick, and it's our Thursday show in NOLA. Just remember picks should be in before kickoff.

Duval 20 AINTS 16: I'm confident that Lawrence plays. But, the toil of two weeks in London, the short week and the uncertainty of our QB's status all contribute to a subpar showing on TNF. It sucks that we aren't rested up and ready to show out on the national stage, but wins are wins, ugly or not. The Aints have rumblings of disarray in their ranks, and the team sounds like they are frustrated with the current state of the team. Do they implode, or do they rally?

Everyone else is on a bye....if the fates truly do favor us, the tacks will somehow take an L to the bye week. A guy can dream, right?

Ah, well. 12-7 on the year, hope the Jags make it lucky #13 for me this week. Best of luck, everyone!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First, a huge thanks to Mikey for keeping these threads rollin’ each week.

I understand how Mikey forgot about the Colts this week, because it seems like almost everyone else does.

The games this week are:

Jaguars @ Saints
Browns @ Colts

Sadly, I feel this is a letdown week for us, and we’ll lose a close game on the road.  Saints 24, Jaguars 21

Browns take it to the Colts in another close game and the AFCS goes winless for the only week this season.  Browns 20, Colts 17.

Last Week:  2-1
Overall:  8-10
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

6-11 coming into the week.

I'll go saints and colts, because it's worked so far.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 08:45 PM by JagsorDie.)

11-8 over all not sure how my record isn’t quite adding up with y’all’s I’ll go back and check to make sure I got them right but that was what I ended last week with.

Jags in a close one
Browns in a not very close one

I'm 11-8 after going 2-1 last week.

I'm gonna say Jaguars and Browns, both in close games.

(10-17-2023, 06:20 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: First, a huge thanks to Mikey for keeping these threads rollin’ each week.

I understand how Mikey forgot about the Colts this week, because it seems like almost everyone else does.

The games this week are:

Jaguars @ Saints
Browns @ Colts

Sadly, I feel this is a letdown week for us, and we’ll lose a close game on the road.  Saints 24, Jaguars 21

Browns take it to the Colts in another close game and the AFCS goes winless for the only week this season.  Browns 20, Colts 17.

I swear I looked up and down the schedule and didn't see that game. Nice catch. Maybe it was something Freudian that prevented me from considering the horseshoes as an actual team.

Thanks KJ, always good to be humbled Smile

I'm going to call today opposite day and pick against you for both games.

INDYNOPLACE 23 lolBrowns 17: Ah memories, I first heard "indynoplace" used by a Cleveland DJ back in 1987 as the two faced in the divisional round of the playoffs, and it's stuck with me since. If Watson is still unable to go, Peej showed that even as a game manager he'll make some risky plays. I fully expect a letdown from the Browns after the stunning win over the battered Niners. If Indy can discover that they have a capable running game and not need to have the Shew air it out all day, they should be able to control the game handily.

2-1 last week
9-10 on the season

Jags
Colts
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

6-10 record

Jaguars over Saints
Browns over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

9-10
Jags
browns

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 04:24 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

10-9

Jags- kind of overdue for a letdown, but the saints arent good
Browns- have the defense to stomp on indy, and I thibk they will.

(10-17-2023, 08:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: 11-8 over all not sure how my record isn’t quite adding up with y’all’s I’ll go back and check to make sure I got them right but that was what I ended last week with.

Jags in a close one
Browns in a not very close one

Your good. My overall games is 19 as well.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

9-10

Jaguars
Browns

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

12-7 overall

Jags
Browns
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I’m 8-11 overall…

Browns over colts

Saints over Jags

(10-17-2023, 06:20 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: First, a huge thanks to Mikey for keeping these threads rollin’ each week.

The games this week are:

Jaguars @ Saints
Browns @ Colts

Just checked again, and I’m 9-10, not 8-10.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2023, 04:33 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

Gus defense in effect. Browns just got bailed out by illegal contact, may get a walk off TD.

Refs bailing the Browns out lol. Uncatchable pass gets called PI.

Come on stinkin Browns it's one yard to win the game. Wooo that was close TD Hunt.

Colts fixing to be 2 games down

Yeah colts got robbed , but I’ll take ir

Watson is such a clown. If they didn't have him I'd be happier for Cleveland, but glad the Colts lost as they were the only other AFC South team in action this week.

I'm 9-7 overall ,and we been busy enjoying our selves in Disney.   did,and i are still haveing troubles in neighborhood. 

anyways since i missed this week,may i  just stay at 9-7 please.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.