Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Trade Talk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

James Robinson signed by the Packers. Hopefully he has a productive and injury-free remainder of the season with them.

Interesting. Robinson is not giving up. Good and wish him lots of good.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 09:44 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-19-2023, 02:31 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Interesting. Robinson is not giving up. Good and wish him lots of good.

He never got the bag though I believe he is vested so he will get a pension and medical benefits for life I think.

(10-19-2023, 09:43 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 02:31 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Interesting. Robinson is not giving up. Good and wish him lots of good.

He never got the bag though I believe he is vested so he will get a pension and medical benefits for life I think.

Dude already made more $$ in 3 years ($2.9m) + his now $289k which is equivalent to a normal person averaging $75k/year over 40 total years.

He may not have gotten THE bag but he definitely go A bag, as does anyone else spending ~ 5 or more years in the NFL.  Pretty amazing when you think about it.

(10-17-2023, 10:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1714446...70497?s=20

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...70497?s=20

Desmond King ...  didn't we have a discussion earlier in the year when the Texans let him go?  Now the Steelers are doing the same 6 games in.  Despite some peeps on here clamoring for us to make a move and sign him, we may have dodged a bullet there.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We need a pass rusher to help out Josh, Walker aint cutting it

(10-19-2023, 07:27 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1714446...70497?s=20

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...70497?s=20

Desmond King ...  didn't we have a discussion earlier in the year when the Texans let him go?  Now the Steelers are doing the same 6 games in.  Despite some peeps on here clamoring for us to make a move and sign him, we may have dodged a bullet there.

LOL
totally forgot about that!

(10-19-2023, 04:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 09:43 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He never got the bag though I believe he is vested so he will get a pension and medical benefits for life I think.

Dude already made more $$ in 3 years ($2.9m) + his now $289k which is equivalent to a normal person averaging $75k/year over 40 total years.

He may not have gotten THE bag but he definitely go A bag, as does anyone else spending ~ 5 or more years in the NFL.  Pretty amazing when you think about it.

You're forgetting about 35% of that went to taxes and we have no idea what lifestyle he lived those first couple of years.  He may or may not be set for life other than having a decent pension when he retires and not having to worry about health insurance.

Also, I wouldn't count that $289k this year yet. It is not guaranteed since he wasn't on an opening day roster. He's game to game on that. And Spotrac is showing $193,200 for 2023 so the $289k may be the full year value of the contract if he had been there since week 1 which he wasn't.

(10-20-2023, 09:05 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 04:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude already made more $$ in 3 years ($2.9m) + his now $289k which is equivalent to a normal person averaging $75k/year over 40 total years.

You're forgetting about 35% of that went to taxes and we have no idea what lifestyle he lived those first couple of years.  He may or may not be set for life other than having a decent pension when he retires and not having to worry about health insurance.

I don't feal sorry for him one bit. I would've loved 2.9m gross paid out over 3 years during my 20s, which are long past. You could invest half of that and be set for retirement. The rest can buy you a spacious house and a vacation house mortgage-free, and a couple cars and still have plenty of money left over. I'd buy a handful of vacation bungalows in touristy spots and AirBnB them year round. I wouldn't need to work ever again.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-20-2023, 12:13 AM)MojoKing Wrote: We need a pass rusher to help out Josh, Walker aint cutting it

He's still young he had 5 pressures and Allen had 10 and 0 sacks between them.
No Fun

Montez Sweat moving to Chicago for a 2024 2nd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-31-2023, 02:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...iSJlQ&s=19

That jags line is getting better.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 03:14 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-31-2023, 02:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 02:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...iSJlQ&s=19

That jags line is getting better.

He has a foot injury, so this might be more about next year than this year.  

"The Vikings took the ultra-athletic Cleveland with the 58th overall pick out of Boise State in 2020. He was a left tackle in college, but moved to right guard as a rookie to fit into the Vikings' O-line. He's spent the past three seasons playing left guard. Cleveland has been consistently excellent as a run blocker and was having the best pass-blocking season of his career this year (according to PFF) before getting hurt."

Reports: Vikings trading LG Ezra Cleveland to Jaguars for sixth-round pick (msn.com)

He's also set to become a free agent.  

Here's an interesting factoid: we traded Laviska Chenault to Carolina for a 6th round pick, and that pick is being traded for Ezra Cleveland.  

Line help is always good but we need a little bit extra pass rush so no good if no move is made
No Fun

(10-31-2023, 02:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 02:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: That jags line is getting better.

He has a foot injury, so this might be more about next year than this year.  

"The Vikings took the ultra-athletic Cleveland with the 58th overall pick out of Boise State in 2020. He was a left tackle in college, but moved to right guard as a rookie to fit into the Vikings' O-line. He's spent the past three seasons playing left guard. Cleveland has been consistently excellent as a run blocker and was having the best pass-blocking season of his career this year (according to PFF) before getting hurt."

Reports: Vikings trading LG Ezra Cleveland to Jaguars for sixth-round pick (msn.com)

He's also set to become a free agent.  

Here's an interesting factoid: we traded Laviska Chenault to Carolina for a 6th round pick, and that pick is being traded for Ezra Cleveland.  

He almost played last week

Was questionable on injury report and they waited a while to announce Risner the starter

A bye-week may be all he needs

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 03:34 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

If you're having any consternation about why we weren't the ones who made the deal for Chase Young, the below tweet will shed some light on that.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...63886?s=20

The picks in question are untradeable because of the Ridley deal.

(10-31-2023, 03:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you're having any consternation about why we weren't the ones who made the deal for Chase Young, the below tweet will shed some light on that.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...63886?s=20

The picks in question are untradeable because of the Ridley deal.

Young is borderline washed due to injury. I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for the guy, chances are we get him and he gets hurt, he's not durable. Now, D. Hunter I would absolutely give a 1st for and I'd do my best to retain him alongside Allen and Lawrence.