Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3rd best start in team history

Day 1 Jaguars fan since 1993. In the early years, Jaguars football was about winning and making big time plays and always being the underdog and finding a way to win. The 1990’s with Jimmy Smith and them boys like Keenan McCardell and Tony Brackens and Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, Reggie Barlow, Boselli, Clyde Simmons. We were one of the elite football teams in the league. In 1997 we started playing MNF and SNF. The stadium was always rockin. We were making playoffs and winning division crowns and making legit runs for a Super Bowl. 

Fast forward to now and it feels like this franchise is back where it should be. It feels stable like it felt back in the 90’s. 

We don’t have a HOF WR like a Smith on the team but guys like Kirk and ZJones are sufficient and have helped turn this thing around. After Smith retired we turned to guys like Matt Jones, Reggie, Troy Williamson, Sims-Walker, John Broussard. Then Blackmon came along but was gone too quick. We had to rely on MJD bc Garrard was an average QB. Heck at one point I was wanting Trent Edwards and guys like Cody Kessler to be our starting QB.

Then along comes guys Hurns and Allen and Ramsey, Fournette, but they left after a couple few years.

These past couple years just seems like everything is back where it should be as a fan. No more blackout talk and moving the team. No more homecoming games and being a black eye for the NFL with fans wearing clown mask. It’s been a long road man. I’m very thankful we drafted Lawrence. His rookie season was rough but this dude has become the leader of this team. 

The culture is right and we’re on pace to win the division in back to back years which has only happened 1 other time in franchise history which was 1998 and 1999. That’s also the team made the playoffs in back to back seasons. 

As a diehard it was rough the last 20 years, other than 2005, 2007 and 2017. It feels like the glory days are back, where we have a chance to win any ball game. The game plans on both sides of the football have been solid. 

This is random but this is how I see it. 

1990’s Jaguars vs todays Jaguars. Brunell-Lawrence, Taylor-Etienne, Smith and McCardell-Kirk and Jones, Barlow-Agnew, Hollis-McManus, Brackens-Allen, Beasley-Campbell, Fernando Bryant-Williams, Darius-Cisco, Cooke-Barker, Pederson-Coughlin. Rob Meier-Smoot, Dave Widell-Luke Fortner, Searcy-Harrison, Schwartz-Oluokun. Pederson-Coughlin. 

*this isn’t a direct comparison of players production or positions but kinda like a blue print for a solid team. There’s not a Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, or Tony Boselli on this team but the team is producing as a whole on a championship level and it’s been a long time coming that we can just sit back and enjoy this thing for a little while.

Go Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we get healthy and dominant on OL - Ridley starts becoming CALVIN RIdley - and we find another pass rusher, we GOIN to the SUPERBOWL bby!!!

Also shoutout to the 07 team, didn't think we had a 5-2 start since the 90s. Shoutout to Fred, MJD, Garrard, Daryl Smith, Rashean, Big H, and hell even Matt Jones (who played madden wayyy to much)

We'd be monsters with a Boselli on this team. That's really the missing piece, imo. I'd love to see this same team with a stout oline.

(10-20-2023, 12:36 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We'd be monsters with a Boselli on this team. That's really the missing piece, imo. I'd love to see this same team with a stout oline.

hear, hear

(10-20-2023, 12:35 AM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get healthy and dominant on OL - Ridley starts becoming CALVIN RIdley - and we find another pass rusher, we GOIN to the SUPERBOWL bby!!!

Also shoutout to the 07 team, didn't think we had a 5-2 start since the 90s. Shoutout to Fred, MJD, Garrard, Daryl Smith, Rashean, Big H,  and hell even Matt Jones (who played madden wayyy to much)

Yes sir. Shout out to Marcus Stroud, Mike Pete and them boys. Terry Cousin and nim

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 01:22 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 5 times in total.)

Just realized Brunell injured his knee in his 3rd season in Jax. Trevor now has a knee injury in his 3rd season.

Brunell’s first game back was MNF prime time game in 1997 when the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh with a blocked FG.

Lawrence now has a knee brace on and his first game since the knee injury was a TNF prime time game.

Next week the Jaguars play the Steelers. Crazy coincidence.

Also both QBs injured their non-plant knee. Both QBs won their prime time games with a knee brace on.

Without looking it up, I think in 1997 the Jaguars started 5-2.
Now the 2023 Jaguars are 5-2.

Al Michaels was the announcer in the 1997 game and tonight’s game. Also both games were won by a non-offensive TD to seal the game. Hudson and Oluokun.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 05:19 AM by jaglyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is the Jags team we've all been waiting for

Not perfect yet. But young and still improving

Swagville

(10-20-2023, 12:36 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We'd be monsters with a Boselli on this team. That's really the missing piece, imo. I'd love to see this same team with a stout oline.
We need another edge rusher to appear soon as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’d make the Hunter trade. This team is worthy of a move.

If we can get to 6-2 at the bye, that would be the 2nd best start in team history behind the 1999 team where we lost 2 regular season games.

This team is hoopin and we’re still not firing on all cylinders.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 10:00 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Great comparisons, JF24!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-20-2023, 01:11 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just realized Brunell injured his knee in his 3rd season in Jax. Trevor now has a knee injury in his 3rd season.

Brunell’s first game back was MNF prime time game in 1997 when the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh with a blocked FG.

Lawrence now has a knee brace on and his first game since the knee injury was a TNF prime time game.

Next week the Jaguars play the Steelers. Crazy coincidence.

Also both QBs injured their non-plant knee. Both QBs won their prime time games with a knee brace on.

Without looking it up, I think in 1997 the Jaguars started 5-2.
Now the 2023 Jaguars are 5-2.

Al Michaels was the announcer in the 1997 game and tonight’s game. Also both games were won by a non-offensive TD to seal the game. Hudson and Oluokun.

except the Defense TD didn't seal the game, the 44 YD slant to the house sealed the game once the Saints failed to score from goal to goal.

Good [BLEEP]!!

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status...SkHdA&s=19

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Just 2 years ago, this team won its first game, a FG to beat the Dolphins in London to go 1-5. The team that had the #1 pick and would go on to earn the #1 pick again. Now this isn't to bash Meyer, just to show what an insane turnaround this team has had in such a short time. 

I may be wrong but I think 22 of the players on that 2021 roster are still here. This wasn't a complete overhaul of everyone.

Doug and his staff have done something truly incredible and this feels like a team at the start of something special.

(10-20-2023, 02:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Good [BLEEP]!!

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status...SkHdA&s=19

Lions/Jaguars Super Cat Bowl, lets go.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 10:59 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(10-20-2023, 12:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Day 1 Jaguars fan since 1993. In the early years, Jaguars football was about winning and making big time plays and always being the underdog and finding a way to win. The 1990’s with Jimmy Smith and them boys like Keenan McCardell and Tony Brackens and Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, Reggie Barlow, Boselli, Clyde Simmons. We were one of the elite football teams in the league. In 1997 we started playing MNF and SNF. The stadium was always rockin. We were making playoffs and winning division crowns and making legit runs for a Super Bowl. 

Fast forward to now and it feels like this franchise is back where it should be. It feels stable like it felt back in the 90’s. 

We don’t have a HOF WR like a Smith on the team but guys like Kirk and ZJones are sufficient and have helped turn this thing around. After Smith retired we turned to guys like Matt Jones, Reggie, Troy Williamson, Sims-Walker, John Broussard. Then Blackmon came along but was gone too quick. We had to rely on MJD bc Garrard was an average QB. Heck at one point I was wanting Trent Edwards and guys like Cody Kessler to be our starting QB.

Then along comes guys Hurns and Allen and Ramsey, Fournette, but they left after a couple few years.

These past couple years just seems like everything is back where it should be as a fan. No more blackout talk and moving the team. No more homecoming games and being a black eye for the NFL with fans wearing clown mask. It’s been a long road man. I’m very thankful we drafted Lawrence. His rookie season was rough but this dude has become the leader of this team. 

The culture is right and we’re on pace to win the division in back to back years which has only happened 1 other time in franchise history which was 1998 and 1999. That’s also the team made the playoffs in back to back seasons. 

As a diehard it was rough the last 20 years, other than 2005, 2007 and 2017. It feels like the glory days are back, where we have a chance to win any ball game. The game plans on both sides of the football have been solid. 

This is random but this is how I see it. 

1990’s Jaguars vs todays Jaguars. Brunell-Lawrence, Taylor-Etienne, Smith and McCardell-Kirk and Jones, Barlow-Agnew, Hollis-McManus, Brackens-Allen, Beasley-Campbell, Fernando Bryant-Williams, Darius-Cisco, Cooke-Barker, Pederson-Coughlin. Rob Meier-Smoot, Dave Widell-Luke Fortner, Searcy-Harrison, Schwartz-Oluokun. Pederson-Coughlin. 

*this isn’t a direct comparison of players production or positions but kinda like a blue print for a solid team. There’s not a Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, or Tony Boselli on this team but the team is producing as a whole on a championship level and it’s been a long time coming that we can just sit back and enjoy this thing for a little while.

Go Jaguars.

Very well said and I'm in the same boat. I was 14 and a 49er fan until the team was announced back in 1993. I still have some og gear before the team was forced to change the logo. The 90s were the glory days of being a Jaguar fan. Too many dark days since but times are looking up!

(10-20-2023, 08:00 AM)NoShoes Wrote: I’d make the Hunter trade. This team is worthy of a move.

That would turn a very good defense into an elite one.

At least until sunday, we are tied for most wins this year at 5

It has been very fun to watch.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

"Why is my hand the only one up?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAumQymE4K4