Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Montaric Brown

I thought he played great

Game saving play right at the end, nearly haulled it in for a pick as well

He got heavily targeted all game, credit to him for stepping up with big shoes to fill in Campbell's absence

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He filled in admirably against some good WRs. Still can’t wait for Campbell to come back but he’s was good.

Loving our defense
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wish he was able to snag the INT on that last play though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If you told any NFL fan before that game that the big, game-deciding 4th quarter plays would involve Tyranny Mathieu for the Saints, and Montaric Brown for the Jaguars, nearly everyone would assume a Saints win.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 07:38 AM by Caldrac.)

Why did Al Michaels keep calling him Buster Brown?

He played great enough. It's not how you start. It's how you finish. He finished great.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 07:47 AM by I am Yoda.)

(10-20-2023, 07:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Why did Al Michaels keep calling him Buster Brown?

He played great enough. It's not how you start. It's how you finish. He finished great.

Because he lives in a shoe….

IYKYK

https://youtu.be/HTkLxbHOFdE?si=Ulzhbmh_YieJsvIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 08:11 AM by Mikey.)

(10-20-2023, 06:50 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I wish he was able to snag the INT on that last play though

don't get greedy, slap that thing to the dirt.

After getting beat by Thomas earlier, I was glad that the last play went his way and he emerged victorious though.

(10-20-2023, 07:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Why did Al Michaels keep calling him Buster Brown?

not the first time I've heard that, I think it was a nickname, but maybe he's trying to move on from it? I heard it a bunch when he was a rook, but maybe draftees don't like nicknames with "bust" in them. Smile

Buster is what he goes by and he is going to be a solid player in this league for somebody. He stepped in and played exceptionally well.

They all call him Buster

(10-20-2023, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

They all call him Buster

Hopefully Buster gets some more playing time moving forward. Definitely need a starting caliber CB behind Campbell and Williams.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He played that last play perfectly. Fabulous play!

Fun to watch. Hopefully he keeps improving.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 12:49 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Those last two plays illustrate perfectly the gap between winning and losing. Also, the difference between being a goat or hero. I sure am glad it worked out the way it did.

P,S, Carr had no business throwing the ball, inside, low and short.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I was pretty amazed how it seemed like he had perfect timing turning his head to pick up the ball. Half of the DBs in the NFL fail to do this so it's really an art that shows he has the right instincts.

Great.

I am so happy for the young man.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

BB20 impressed the hell out of me these past two games. I'm ecstatic to know that if/when an starter is injured they'll be little to no drop off at the position. He literally played Much Better this past game which means the more that he plays the better he'll get. It's an good issue to have such depth at the position. Will he continue to get rotational playing time though?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I was at the game and Browns play along with the oline was by far the most impressive to me. If we can get fully healthy and this team continues to improve we are going to be a problem for the rest of the league.

Buster is learning and did a good job in relief this week. They attacked him 3 times and 2 of the 3 he did well. We do have to remember and temper our feeling as he was beat a play or so earlier but the receiver dropped the ball. While Buster had good position, that last throw was inside low and short, influenced by the pressure.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'm glad that one of 19 late round DBs we've collected the last few years looks like he might actually be a serviceable backup, but yeah, we need Campbell back ASAP.

The saints and Carr left points on the field by their own errors Thursday.

That isn't going to always be the case.

Happy for Brown, but I'm not going to be unrealistic about what could happen vs better offenses with him out there

Also don't feel too confident that Herndon is gonna continue playing above his usual bar.
I see at least 3 teams on the remaining reg season schedule that would be licking their chops to scheme their passing attack around targeting Brown and Herndon early and often