Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Montaric Brown

No one is saying he is Campbell. Definitely we want him back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2023, 10:42 AM)Newton Wrote: No one is saying he is Campbell. Definitely we want him back.

Yeah, I must of missed this.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2023, 01:00 PM by jagsfan06. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kudos to the front office for identifying Gregory Jr and Montaric Brown i the 6th and 7th rounds of last year’s draft. The two players look to be worthy of developing as depth pieces. Gregory Jr looked really athletic in the preseason and will add another chess piece for Mike Caldwell once he returns from injury.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Having guys step up and play at starter quality levels is how you make a run. That's what you need

I agreed both Gregory Jr and Montaric Brown have the opportunity to improve to the level we need them to be. Practice is one thing, but what a guy does during actual game time can be another. The more they play the better they should get. I just felt we were a bit lucky there, but good teams find that luck. It was a team play , pressure forcing a less than accurate throw contributing to it as much as our defender.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I have to admit that I never heard of him before the game. He played solid so kudos. Made a great play on the last play of the game as well.

Got beat on a TD to Thomas then gave up the 2 point to Kamara on a miscommunication with Jenkins. He didn't get beat when it really really mattered though. Way to fight back, big time win with key injuries.

Outside CB was not a position I was expecting to have depth, not even 1 player. Brown was quiet during training camp, with most talk going to Gregory Jr, but I expected a way bigger drop off, good job Brown!
Now he need to prove he can learn from his mistakes, if he can do that, who know his ceiling

His last name is Junior. So it's not Gregory Jr.

(10-22-2023, 03:24 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Got beat on a TD to Thomas then gave up the 2 point to Kamara on a miscommunication with Jenkins.  He didn't get beat when it really really mattered though.  Way to fight back,  big time win with key injuries.

He was 67ish on pff.  That's a pretty solid starter.  That's what you want from a third corner.

The Herndon Haters are still out in the wood works.

What were peoples opinions of him in his 4 starts? I don't remember hearing about him much in the last several losses the Jags went through, and now that it's projected that the Jags spend a 1st round pick on a CB, are we expecting that CB to play better than Montaric in the first 5 games?
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(03-31-2024, 02:41 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: What were peoples opinions of him in his 4 starts?    I don't remember hearing about him much in the last several losses the Jags went through, and now that it's projected that the Jags spend a 1st round pick on a CB, are we expecting that CB to play better than Montaric in the first 5 games?

He played like a decent backup. A few passes defensed got fans excited, but he also gave up 3 TDs in those 4 games and registered a 108 QBR when targeted.  

He still has work to do but there were positive flashes amongst the struggles. 
Not bad for a day 3 pick, I guess.

(03-31-2024, 02:41 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: What were peoples opinions of him in his 4 starts?    I don't remember hearing about him much in the last several losses the Jags went through, and now that it's projected that the Jags spend a 1st round pick on a CB, are we expecting that CB to play better than Montaric in the first 5 games?

He’s not quite starter material but quality backup. He would make a fine CB3.