Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Buffalo

Man, I wonder when that jet lag is going to wear off for them?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-23-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Man, I wonder when that jet lag is going to wear off for them?

What’s your story of winding up living there?  I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before and I forgot.  Are you a native that somehow wound up cheering for the Jags or a transplant?

(10-23-2023, 08:09 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Man, I wonder when that jet lag is going to wear off for them?

What’s your story of winding up living there?  I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before and I forgot.  Are you a native that somehow wound up cheering for the Jags or a transplant?

Yeah I grew up in Rochester. Jags became a team when I was 7 so I picked them as my team to follow and been a die hard fan ever since. I moved to FL, TN, VA, but always end up back here in NY. Home is home I guess. Everyone always tells me I'm the only Jags fan in town up here lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I still find that jet lag excuse comical. Only a few media pundits spoke up about our team. They spent two weeks over there, got more settled in, it's all cyclical. It's just as hard, if not, harder trying to get back into everything here on the east coast after two weeks over there.

This team proceeded to come back, win big at home while winning in a close one on the road three days later with a banged up QB, our best CB out and one of our better WR's out. No excuses.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Buffalo a weird team to figure out. The talent is there…and they obviously showed it in their win over Miami. But damn…when they’re off, they’re really off. Losing to the Jets and Pats and nearly losing to the Giants is bad for them. At this point, I see them getting a wild card and losing first round. They obviously don’t play well outside of Buffalo.

(10-23-2023, 10:43 AM)Jagger Wrote: Buffalo a weird team to figure out. The talent is there…and they obviously showed it in their win over Miami. But damn…when they’re off, they’re really off. Losing to the Jets and Pats and nearly losing to the Giants is bad for them. At this point, I see them getting a wild card and losing first round. They obviously don’t play well outside of Buffalo.

They really are, which only adds to their psychotic fan drama. It’s almost understandable.

Been reading their message board since our game with them. They seem done with McDermott (he's wasting Allen), and a lot of them feel that their SB window has closed.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-23-2023, 08:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I still find that jet lag excuse comical. Only a few media pundits spoke up about our team. They spent two weeks over there, got more settled in, it's all cyclical. It's just as hard, if not, harder trying to get back into everything here on the east coast after two weeks over there.

This team proceeded to come back, win big at home while winning in a close one on the road three days later with a banged up QB, our best CB out and one of our better WR's out. No excuses.
It's generally harder going east. When you go west, you can stay up later and then be on schedule. When you go east, you have to try and go to sleep early or just stay up to get on schedule.

I think the Jags physicality and the terrible field turf had more affect on them.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

About 18-20% of their cap is on injured reserve.

On IR
Tre'Davious White
DaQuan Jones
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-23-2023, 08:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I still find that jet lag excuse comical. Only a few media pundits spoke up about our team. They spent two weeks over there, got more settled in, it's all cyclical. It's just as hard, if not, harder trying to get back into everything here on the east coast after two weeks over there.

The other funny thing about the jet lag "narrative" is that they are basically conceding that the buff. team did a crap job of planning their trip and prepping their players properly to adjust sleep patterns.

This isn't rocket science. Humans have been bouncing back and forth over that ocean for a long damn time. 
It's not like they got there and suddenly realized they weren't in the same time zone. 

Anecdotal info but -  I've been over there about 10 times. I didn't have any issues with adjusting when I was in my twenties. Only when I got home and had to readjust. 
By my late 30's it started getting tougher stepping off that airplane and getting right into any kind of normal work schedule. 
I feel like professional athletes with a staff of trainers should be able to plan for, and handle this kind of travel better than these clowns are letting on.

(10-24-2023, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The other funny thing about the jet lag "narrative" is that they are basically conceding that the buff. team did a crap job of planning their trip and prepping their players properly to adjust sleep patterns.

This isn't rocket science. Humans have been bouncing back and forth over that ocean for a long damn time. 
It's not like they got there and suddenly realized they weren't in the same time zone. 

Anecdotal info but -  I've been over there about 10 times. I didn't have any issues with adjusting when I was in my twenties. Only when I got home and had to readjust. 
By my late 30's it started getting tougher stepping off that airplane and getting right into any kind of normal work schedule. 
I feel like professional athletes with a staff of trainers should be able to plan for, and handle this kind of travel better than these clowns are letting on.

Same. Went to Germany first, then Bosnia and Croatia. The roughest day was the first day in Germany. Father-in-law gave me a local beer when we got to their house. I toughed it out until about 730 PM their time. Slept in until about 500 AM next morning. Was good to go after that. This was maybe 5 to 6 years ago. So late 20's, early 30's on my part. 

In fairness. I work in transportation and our department runs 24/7, including every holiday so I am used to working long, extensive hours or going from an 800 AM - 500 PM work week to a 600 PM - 500 AM overnight work week a few times per year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 10:46 AM by Mikey.)

(10-23-2023, 04:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Been reading their message board since our game with them. They seem done with McDermott (he's wasting Allen), and a lot of them feel that their SB window has closed.

Diiggs hasn't looked happy either...does the locker room implode?

(10-23-2023, 08:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote: About 18-20% of their cap is on injured reserve. 

On IR
Tre'Davious White 
DaQuan Jones 
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver

Von was on the sideline for our game too, IIRC.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 09:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-23-2023, 08:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote: About 18-20% of their cap is on injured reserve. 

On IR
Tre'Davious White 
DaQuan Jones 
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver

Yeah, that Milano injury has hurt them the most imo.  The leader of that D and really nobody behind him

Leave buffalo and their jet lag alone!

On IR
Tre'Davious White 
DaQuan Jones 
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver

Still doesn't explain why their offense has been so inept
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-25-2023, 10:29 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

On IR
Tre'Davious White 
DaQuan Jones 
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver

Still doesn't explain why their offense has been so inept

Ken Dorsey is only good at throwing headsets?

(10-24-2023, 09:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

On IR
Tre'Davious White 
DaQuan Jones 
Matt Milano
Damien Harris

Additional OUT
Cam Lewis
Quintin Morris
Ed Oliver

Yeah, that Milano injury has hurt them the most imo.  The leader of that D and really nobody behind him

That's the key.  The team actually has quite a bit of drop off after their main guys. Now once we pay TL and a few others on our roster we run the same danger.  I am hoping our "Brain Trust" is paying attention.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night. Should I go in full Trevor gear (jersey/wig) and bring a sign that says "Sorry about the jet lag"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-25-2023, 01:07 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'll be at the game tomorrow night. Should I go in full Trevor gear (jersey/wig) and bring a sign that says "Sorry about the jet lag"

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(10-25-2023, 01:07 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'll be at the game tomorrow night. Should I go in full Trevor gear (jersey/wig) and bring a sign that says "Sorry about the jet lag"

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT