Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 9 talk

(11-05-2023, 01:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: What a terrible way to lose by Miami. Not a single rush attempt on that last series after two huge rushes before that. Bad coaching and bad execution.

Yep. Tried to get cute when they've should've stuck to what was working. 

Tua can't be trusted in pressure situations. A family of Miami fans sat next to me during the preseason game and were talking optimistically about how Tua was going gel with Tyreek Hill and set the world on fire. As a Jags fan and an old veteran of clinging to false hopes as a cope mechanism, I didn't have the heart to say anything differently. I just nodded and agreed while visions of Gabbert, Bortles and Foles danced in my head.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Miami really gifted them that win. They played terrible first half, then let them off the hook in the second. They shut Kelce down all day. I personally don’t think Tua is very good. Surely the Phins are gonna have some cap issues this offseason?

We can beat both those teams. Only team that frightens me are the Eagles.

(11-05-2023, 01:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 01:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: What a terrible way to lose by Miami. Not a single rush attempt on that last series after two huge rushes before that. Bad coaching and bad execution.

Tua can't be trusted in pressure situations. A family of Miami fans sat next to me during the preseason game and were talking optimistically about how Tua was going gel with Tyreek Hill and set the world on fire. As a Jags fan and an old veteran of clinging to false hopes as a cope mechanism, I didn't have the heart to say anything differently. I just nodded and agreed while visions of Gabbert, Bortles and Foles danced in my head.
To be fair, Tyreek is on pace for 2K receiving yards. That’s pretty incredible.

(11-05-2023, 01:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Tua is a classic trailer player. He can be part of a winning effort as long as he doesn't have to be the guy to make the important plays. It's why the dolphins don't win against good teams but have destroyed some bad ones.

He's essentially a higher drafted version of Brock Purdy. As long as everyone around him is dominant against their matchups he can distribute the ball. As soon as he has to do something special to make a difference he falls on his face.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 02:20 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Chiefs only tough opponent in the next 5 games is Philly. We aren't going to get much help to secure home field thru the playoffs. We seem to be rounding into a good road team, but I'd rather be home thru the playoffs.

Terrible way to lose by the fins.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 02:21 PM by p_rushing.)

No clue why Jax CBS would pick the Bucs vs Texans game instead of Seahawks vs Ravens game. Sure it's a in state team vs a division team but they are both 3-4 and not competitive with the Jags. The Ravens are fighting for #1 seed with Jags.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(11-05-2023, 02:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Chiefs only tough opponent in the next 5 games is Philly. We aren't going to get much help to secure home field thru the playoffs. We seem to be rounding into a good road team, but I'd rather be home thru the playoffs.

Terrible way to lose by the fins.
They have 2 possible loses left on the schedule unless an upset happens. They play the Bills and Eagles. Going to need to only lose 1 game the rest of the way.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 03:22 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good grief the announcer for the Washington/Patriots game has an obnoxious voice.

Kenny Albert. I don't know who he is but I have to mute this junk.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 04:24 PM by SamusAranX.)

And the Texans seemed to have drafted a franchise QB as well. They may sweep us this year

We can’t catch a break

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 04:26 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-05-2023, 01:55 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: We can beat both those teams. Only team that frightens me are the Eagles.

What about Baltimore

(11-05-2023, 04:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: And the Texans seemed to have drafted a franchise QB as well. They may sweep us this year

We can’t catch a break

Don't think so

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 04:36 PM by I am Yoda.)

(11-05-2023, 04:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: And the Texans seemed to have drafted a franchise QB as well. They may sweep us this year

We can’t catch a break

Our defense is better than Tampa’s. But Stroud is the real deal. He’s going to be a problem for the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-05-2023, 01:55 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: We can beat both those teams. Only team that frightens me are the Eagles.

Based on current play, I’m more scared of Baltimore than Philly. As long as we can handle the Eagles’ D line, a big ask, their back end isn’t what it used to be.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Jesus Tampa they have no kicker....and what are these offensive plays.... horrible play calls

Stroud is legit man.

That sucks

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 04:56 PM by I am Yoda.)

How bad must the Rams suck to be getting beat by GB?

(11-05-2023, 04:36 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Jesus Tampa they have no kicker....and what are these offensive plays.... horrible play calls

C’mon, Tampa. Help us out.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-05-2023, 04:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Stroud is legit man.

That sucks

They are playing Tampa....

(11-05-2023, 05:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

That sucks

He’s been playing well all year.

(11-05-2023, 05:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: They are playing Tampa....

He’s been playing well all year.

And still have a losing record

Bucs win.

(11-05-2023, 05:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

That sucks

He looks good regardless of what you think of Tampa.

(11-05-2023, 05:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: He’s been playing well all year.

And still have a losing record
And? Who cares?

If your takeaway from watching Stroud play is “well he has a losing record”, then you don’t really know how to evaluate QB play.