Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 9 talk

(11-05-2023, 05:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: He’s been playing well all year.

And still have a losing record

He has over 400 yards passing today and has played well all year. He’s legit, even if his team is lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 05:23 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-05-2023, 05:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: And still have a losing record

He has over 400 yards passing today and has played well all year. He’s legit, even if his team is lacking.

No one wants Stroud to be good here. I was really hoping he would be another OSU bust but he’s not. 

He’s legit

And he just won the game….

Nevermind. What bs by the Bucs defense.

I'm a little annoyed that Trevor has never had a game as good as Stroud's today.

(11-05-2023, 05:24 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: I'm a little annoyed that Trevor has never had a game as good as Stroud's today.
Knew someone would say this….

(11-05-2023, 05:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:24 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: I'm a little annoyed that Trevor has never had a game as good as Stroud's today.

I love Trevor man.  I really do.  He's elite.  It's just irritating is all.

(11-05-2023, 05:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I’m not making a call of who’s better than who BUT. 

This is the rookie season Trevor should have had as a generational prospect. Unfortunately with Urban freakin Meyer as the coach, we will never know. He did a lot of damage

(11-05-2023, 05:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

No one wants Stroud to be good here. I was really hoping he would be another OSU bust but he’s not. 

He’s legit

Yep, he's legit. The only question about him will be will his team be better than our team, because he's a franchise guy. It'll be down to which team has better drafting between us and them, and I'm not high on Baalke.

(11-05-2023, 05:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No one wants Stroud to be good here. I was really hoping he would be another OSU bust but he’s not. 

He’s legit

Yep, he's legit. The only question about him will be will his team be better than our team, because he's a franchise guy. It'll be down to which team has better drafting between us and them, and I'm not high on Baalke.

So basically we’re back to hoping for WC every year again.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 05:46 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-05-2023, 05:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: They are playing Tampa....

He looks good regardless of what you think of Tampa.

Dude Tampa defense is horrible and makes him look way better than he is.... I mean seriously they can't stop anyone and Texan didn't even have a kicker

Against a horrible d

(11-05-2023, 05:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

He’s legit

And Tampa couldn't stop a 4 year old so.....

(11-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Nevermind. What bs by the Bucs defense.

Lol that's what I said they're horrible

(11-05-2023, 05:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
And? Who cares?

If your takeaway from watching Stroud play is “well he has a losing record”, then you don’t really know how to evaluate QB play.

That really kind of tells you how good he and they are....if you have a losing record

(11-05-2023, 05:39 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yep, he's legit. The only question about him will be will his team be better than our team, because he's a franchise guy. It'll be down to which team has better drafting between us and them, and I'm not high on Baalke.

So basically we’re back to hoping for WC every year again.

Dunno, how good is the texans gm?

It doesn't mean we won't still be better, just that they won't be flailing due to a lack of QB.

Sadly, though, we probably won't be enjoying the kind of unopposed run of success that the colts had with Manning starting 20 years ago in the division.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 05:52 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-05-2023, 05:27 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Knew someone would say this….

I love Trevor man.  I really do.  He's elite.  It's just irritating is all.

I don't really care if he does or not....wins are wins....400 plus yards and still almost lost....so I don't care if Trevor throws 200 yards as long as we win

(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:39 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: So basically we’re back to hoping for WC every year again.

Dunno, how good is the texans gm?

It doesn't mean we won't still be better, just that they won't be flailing due to a lack of QB.

Sadly, though, we probably won't be enjoying the kind of unopposed run of success that the colts had with Manning starting 20 years ago in the division.
Now we have Payton and they have a QB that can win games but probably won't against us....if we were playing them today we would have won... Tampa defense is horrible

Stroud looked really good today but so did their oline and WRs. That was some of the worst defensive play calling I have ever seen by the Bucs. Last week Stroud had 140 yrds no TDs

(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:27 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: I love Trevor man.  I really do.  He's elite.  It's just irritating is all.

I don't really care if he does or not....wins are wins....400 plus yards and still almost lost....so I don't care if Trevor throws 200 yards as long as we win

(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Dunno, how good is the texans gm?

Now we have Payton and they have a QB that can win games but probably won't against us....if we were playing them today we would have won... Tampa defense is horrible

They pushed our team's [BLEEP] in back in September.

I'm not saying the texans are the chiefs, but after watching Stroud a few times he's clearly a franchise level guy. Hopefully he's the Herbert to our Mahomes, and not the other way around.

This year, his rookie year, Stroud has 1800 yards, 60% completions,, 9 TDS, 1INT, 95 rating. That’s not nothing. He’s a legitimate starting qb, top half of the league.

He’s the only qb in our division that we should be worried about going forward. Levis will Levis. Richardson is going to be consistently injured and doesn’t scare me from the pocket.

Respecting an individual player doesn’t equal thinking they’re going to own us.

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 06:03 PM by nejagsfan.)

Such a BS call in the Indy game....he led with his shoulder never lowered his head

(11-05-2023, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Stroud looked really good today but so did their oline and WRs.  That was some of the worst defensive play calling I have ever seen by the Bucs.  Last week Stroud had 140 yrds no TDs

Exactly Tampa made him look way better than he is

(11-05-2023, 05:55 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I don't really care if he does or not....wins are wins....400 plus yards and still almost lost....so I don't care if Trevor throws 200 yards as long as we win

They pushed our team's [BLEEP] in back in September.

I'm not saying the texans are the chiefs, but after watching Stroud a few times he's clearly a franchise level guy. Hopefully he's the Herbert to our Mahomes, and not the other way around.
Beginning of the season and we slept on them.... very little tape to see..... I'm telling you with the defense we have now....no way they throw 400 yards and win without a kicker....no way

(11-05-2023, 05:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: This year, his rookie year, Stroud has 1800 yards, 60% completions,, 9 TDS, 1INT, 95 rating. That’s not nothing. He’s a legitimate starting qb, top half of the league.

He’s the only qb in our division that we should be worried about going forward. Levis will Levis. Richardson is going to be consistently injured and doesn’t scare me from the pocket.

And last week he had 140 yards.... what I'm saying is Tampa made him look like Brady

(11-05-2023, 05:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: This year, his rookie year, Stroud has 1800 yards, 60% completions,, 9 TDS, 1INT, 95 rating. That’s not nothing. He’s a legitimate starting qb, top half of the league.

And last week he had 140 yards.... what I'm saying is Tampa made him look like Brady

Last year @ the tacks was pretty close, we throttled down a little in the fourth quarter because we were up big.

(11-05-2023, 06:11 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

Last year @ the tacks was pretty close, we throttled down a little in the fourth quarter because we were up big.

Trevor has had multiple games as good as what Stroud had today. The stats aren't as important as the results, and he repeatedly brought the team back against better competition with his play last season.

If Trevor never has a five TD game it means nothing at all.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 06:21 PM by Cleatwood.)

The point isn’t if he’s better than Trevor (he’s not) but it’s the fact that many thought the Texans whiffed on Stroud and that he would be a bust.

That’s pretty clearly not the case. Jags will have to battle Stroud in their own division for a long time it looks like.

Just another very good QB added to the AFC while the NFC trots out turds each week.

(11-05-2023, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The point isn’t if he’s better than Trevor (he’s not) but it’s the fact that many thought the Texans whiffed on Stroud and that he would be a bust.

That’s pretty clearly not the case. Jags will have to battle Stroud in their own division for a long time it looks like.

Just another very good QB added to the AFC while the NFC trots out turds each week.

Fix the O-Line!