Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Murderer’s Row Schedule

The way we are playing on the road, it might not be that big of a disaster if we aren't the AFC top seed.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2023, 06:27 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I feel a slump will happen here at some point.  Surely we don't beat all of those good teams,  but we can't let it linger for several games in a row.  I don't see Houston winning at Cincinnati this week,  so I don't think we will lose ground in the division this week anyway.

While not so far as a slump, I'd say we have the team that can beat any of the teams we face. We just have to be smart and avoid costly mistakes and capitalize when they make the mistakes instead. There's little chance we win em all (not saying it can't happen!), but everything I have seen from this team shows me that they have the intestinal fortitude not to spiral if we do lose a game or two along the way. Gonna be a fun ride these next few months.

This team needs to act like they haven't won anything and are better than no one. When you think you are better than someone thats when that someone punches you in the mouth. No one gives the Jags a chance in the media...that's good. Fuel that fire. This offense really needs to start doing it's job. I hope we get Zay back this week but so far it doesn't sound good. I believe Doug just said yesterday that Zay might even go on IR, that sucks, we need him back.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(11-07-2023, 09:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 06:27 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I feel a slump will happen here at some point.  Surely we don't beat all of those good teams,  but we can't let it linger for several games in a row.  I don't see Houston winning at Cincinnati this week,  so I don't think we will lose ground in the division this week anyway.

While not so far as a slump, I'd say we have the team that can beat any of the teams we face. We just have to be smart and avoid costly mistakes and capitalize when they make the mistakes instead. There's little chance we win em all (not saying it can't happen!), but everything I have seen from this team shows me that they have the intestinal fortitude not to spiral if we do lose a game or two along the way. Gonna be a fun ride these next few months.

I'd say that team in Pittsburgh was visibly exhausted and still played well enough to win rather comfortably. I think the last 4 opponents we played were the perfect ones for that grueling trek and any slump would've been in the second two games there. Now we got some rest and, though the opponents are tougher, the schedule sets up well for them to stay relatively rested through the next 4 games or so, leaving them in pretty good shape by the time we hit the stretch in mid December. George Wrighster said it on the radio Sunday, "Jacksonville has been through the wringer and they're tougher for it."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2023, 10:19 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: This team needs to act like they haven't won anything and are better than no one. When you think you are better than someone thats when that someone punches you in the mouth. No one gives the Jags a chance in the media...that's good. Fuel that fire. This offense really needs to start doing it's job. I hope we get Zay back this week but so far it doesn't sound good. I believe Doug just said yesterday that Zay might even go on IR, that sucks, we need him back.

It is important to remember this.  The Jaguars in fact have not won anything yet.  They are 6-2 and in a good place. The next 4 games will let us know....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(11-07-2023, 12:18 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 10:19 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: This team needs to act like they haven't won anything and are better than no one. When you think you are better than someone thats when that someone punches you in the mouth. No one gives the Jags a chance in the media...that's good. Fuel that fire. This offense really needs to start doing it's job. I hope we get Zay back this week but so far it doesn't sound good. I believe Doug just said yesterday that Zay might even go on IR, that sucks, we need him back.

It is important to remember this.  The Jaguars in fact have not won anything yet.  They are 6-2 and in a good place. The next 4 games will let us know....

I mean - the head coach AND the quarterback literally said the words "we haven't won anything yet" in both of their pressers following the Pittsburgh game. What assurance do we need?

I'm sure there is no coincidence that they both said that - and Doug has that message conveyed to the team. 

I think they've learned collectively not to read their own positive press clippings.  Which was another of Doug's messages to the team after they [BLEEP] the bed versus Houston. 

Not concerned about the psychology with this team right now.  I doubt there is any issue there. 

I'm concerned that the offense is yet to show us its full potential. 
Zay has been a favorite RZ target and they need to figure out how to replace that with him gone - along with better efficiency inside the 30 yd line overall.

This is exactly why Pederson and Trevor are here.

They never get too high or too low.

(11-07-2023, 12:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
This is exactly why Pederson and Trevor are here.

They never get too high or too low.

Agreed. I am sure I have heard them say things like this publicly. They're playing up the disrespect card though which is good. While there has been some support in the mainstream, there's still loads of detractors just dying to say "See! Told you so!" once we get into this gauntlet of tougher teams this month and next month. 

On paper. Those two loses came against quality teams as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

the trophy case is still empty. Fact of the matter is that we have in fact not won anything.

Iron sharpens iron.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

shhh....   We're the murderer.   Ninja

If we beat the tacks and tinhorns and win at least one more of the next six, we’ll have the division locked up by Christmas Eve. Unless we lose to both the Bucs and Panthers, I guess.

(11-09-2023, 08:43 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Iron sharpens iron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCd-t3a0CVc

no games are ever easy. you have to earn your way to a Super bowl.  also lets not forget texans  already  beat us pretty bad in Jacksonville.  we know Texans are good enough to beat jags.   We still have to be careful of tittians as well. even when they re bad,or not as good as the jags are they find a way to beat us. Lets not forget 3 times in 99 jags had better team,and tittians beat us.  Do'nt get me wrong im not saying jags can't win,just we need to be careful. I belieave the teal of doom will lead us to a divison tittle this  year. I'm just saying team hasn't earned anything yet ,and theres never a easy game.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-10-2023, 09:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 08:43 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Iron sharpens iron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCd-t3a0CVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKMG-FdCGtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcbkcTP1QgY

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-09-2023, 10:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: shhh....   We're the murderer.   Ninja

I'm really starting to believe this is the case.  It's hard to get into this mindset as a Jags fan, but the rest of the AFC should be worrying about us the way we worry about them.

Yes, the schedule is hard.  But this team is built to beat anybody.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 10:56 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 10:14 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 10:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: shhh....   We're the murderer.   Ninja

I'm really starting to believe this is the case.  It's hard to get into this mindset as a Jags fan, but the rest of the AFC should be worrying about us the way we worry about them.

Baltimore scares the hell out of me. Cincinatti as well. Really looking forward to seeing them here shortly in primetime slots. It's a very, very real possibility that we'll see one of those teams again in the post season match-up wise. I know I am not supposed to discredit the Chiefs, but, they just seem off to me this year. Very flat. Especially on offense. Which, to be fair, that's been our story this year as well. 

I just like our odds with the Chiefs having played them a handful of times already. At some point, the ball will eventually bounce or way in our contests with them. But, it's Baltimore and Cincinatti that concern me the most in the AFC. We had a lot of lucky breaks at home last year with the Ravens. They were a few dropped Josh Oliver passes away from probably beating us and they damn near had Tucker land a mammoth sized FG attempt by a shave last second after our crazy comeback and 2 PT attempt.

The last time we played the Bengals it was with Urban Meyer up there on TNF or maybe MNF. I forget which primetime slot that was. I remember the aftermath more than the actual game. Meyer was a mess up there post game. But, they're beginning to rally really well now around Burrow and they're coming off that really impressive win against the 49ers. So, interesting contests ahead for us for sure.

(11-12-2023, 10:53 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:14 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: I'm really starting to believe this is the case.  It's hard to get into this mindset as a Jags fan, but the rest of the AFC should be worrying about us the way we worry about them.

Baltimore scares the hell out of me. Cincinatti as well. Really looking forward to seeing them here shortly in primetime slots. It's a very, very real possibility that we'll see one of those teams again in the post season match-up wise. I know I am not supposed to discredit the Chiefs, but, they just seem off to me this year. Very flat. Especially on offense. Which, to be fair, that's been our story this year as well. 

I just like our odds with the Chiefs having played them a handful of times already. At some point, the ball will eventually bounce or way in our contests with them. But, it's Baltimore and Cincinatti that concern me the most in the AFC. We had a lot of lucky breaks at home last year with the Ravens. They were a few dropped Josh Oliver passes away from probably beating us and they damn near had Tucker land a mammoth sized FG attempt by a shave last second after our crazy comeback and 2 PT attempt.

The last time we played the Bengals it was with Urban Meyer up there on TNF or maybe MNF. I forget which primetime slot that was. I remember the aftermath more than the actual game. Meyer was a mess up there post game. But, they're beginning to rally really well now around Burrow and they're coming off that really impressive win against the 49ers. So, interesting contests ahead for us for sure.

The Bengals concern me far more than Baltimore.  I don't think they are anywhere near the juggernaut they're being made out to be.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 01:27 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 01:18 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:53 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Baltimore scares the hell out of me. Cincinatti as well. Really looking forward to seeing them here shortly in primetime slots. It's a very, very real possibility that we'll see one of those teams again in the post season match-up wise. I know I am not supposed to discredit the Chiefs, but, they just seem off to me this year. Very flat. Especially on offense. Which, to be fair, that's been our story this year as well. 

The Bengals concern me far more than Baltimore.  I don't think they are anywhere near the juggernaut they're being made out to be.

I don't know man. Lamar is playing an MVP again and their defense can be smothering at times and get after the QB. They dominated the Lions. They dominated the Seahawks. They dominated the Browns. They dominated the tinhorns. 

They have the #1 overall defense right now in the NFL and the #6 overall offense. I don't think they're a juggernaut so to speak, but, they're certainly a fairly dominate football team and well coached on both sides of the football. They lost ugly to the Steelers and clots this year. They won ugly in London against the tacks.

I think the Bengals will split their series with them in week 11 but the Ravens absolutely should be taken seriously by the NFL. Somehow, in my opinion, they're flying under the radar.

Yeah
Jags can beat anyone if they simply play error free football, but the ravens are the most daunting opponent right now IMO