Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ten. Vs Jax talk (merged)

I'd definitely try to get Ridley more involved this week. I know he's getting a lot of attention from D's but would like to see some simple plays just to get him going. He's struggled to get involved a bit recently (not his fault of course) but maybe a slant or a pick play. Just some simple plays to try and get him going a bit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like Campbell is out this week. We just need to let guys sit and get healthy for when games really really matter. Including Lawrence if his problem is curable at this point. He is playing poorly and if he's hurt then just play CJ and let Trevor watch.

(11-17-2023, 11:57 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Looks like Campbell is out this week.  We just need to let guys sit and get healthy for when games really really matter.  Including Lawrence if his problem is curable at this point.  He is playing poorly and if he's hurt then just play CJ and let Trevor watch.

You say that until you see cj play.

(11-17-2023, 09:41 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 09:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nonsense

nonsense for people that lack the knowledge of a football game.

Players, not plays. Jimmies and Joes, not Xs and Os. You think play calling can overcome bad players but if that were so New England and Alabama would still be on top. Low quality thinkers associate their real teams with their video games and think its just pushing the right buttons.

Case in point, The Brotherly Shove. Everyone knows it when they see it yet no one can stop it. But then why hasn't everyone else done it? It's a very basic play that makes Philly almost unstoppable in short yardage. 31 other teams want to be that good in short yardage, but we don't see it everywhere else in a copycat League. Simply put, they can't,  because the play without the players just doesn't work. Play calling works when the players can play, but calling a different play doesn't make a weak guy stronger.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Starting to get a bad feeling about this game. I feel like Vrabel and the tacks are gonna come firing out on all cylinders and now we gotta deal with Hopkins without our best CB

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 10:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-18-2023, 08:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 09:41 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: nonsense for people that lack the knowledge of a football game.

Players, not plays. Jimmies and Joes, not Xs and Os. You think play calling can overcome bad players but if that were so New England and Alabama would still be on top. Low quality thinkers associate their real teams with their video games and think its just pushing the right buttons.

Case in point, The Brotherly Shove. Everyone knows it when they see it yet no one can stop it. But then why hasn't everyone else done it? It's a very basic play that makes Philly almost unstoppable in short yardage. 31 other teams want to be that good in short yardage, but we don't see it everywhere else in a copycat League. Simply put, they can't,  because the play without the players just doesn't work. Play calling works when the players can play, but calling a different play doesn't make a weak guy stronger.
It's a combination of a lot of things.  Playcalling can absolutely make a difference.   If it didn't you wouldn't see OC getting fired every year.  OCs would stay with their teams their whole coaching career.  It's, coaching, players, play calling, preparation, etc.  It's a lot of things that go into making a offense successful, not just good players. 

Look what Eric B has done to Washington's offense and Sam Howell, thats just one of many examples.  Look at what Doug did last year to help Trevor from his rookie year with Urbz. There are alot of things that go into it along with the players.  Sometimes teams scheme to help hide flaws on offense or defense.

(11-17-2023, 07:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Damn, things have been getting chippy around here lately. A little taste of success has made us argumentative.

Yeah, I get a little annoyed when one asks the same stupid question over and over

This will be a tough game. Ten has one of the better dlines in the league and our weakness is the online. Stop the run on offense and make the rookie beat you. I want to see Ridley in motion and in the slot at time along with some 2 TE sets. I want to see Strange have a good game. Mistake free football and stopping the run will be key. Ten will be without their top 2 LTs, Josh Allen should dominate and win us the game with Walker creating havoc on his side

[BLEEP] the tacks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-16-2023, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 02:53 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: i have a bad feeling about this game.

We should blow out the Tacks but these division games are just ehhhh
I had a very bad feeling last week but I'm the opposite this week.

Jags win by 18. 31-13. Trevor throws 3 TDs.
Oh my.

Prettay prettay good.

Hate to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHlxHokMdYE
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-20-2023, 09:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Hate to see it.

Feels good seeing the tides turn with them. Everything is cyclical man. If it's any consolation for them. I think Levis has the potential to be a mid-tier QB.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-20-2023, 09:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Feels good seeing the tides turn with them. Everything is cyclical man. If it's any consolation for them. I think Levis has the potential to be a mid-tier QB.

That's some quality shade right there my brother. Maybe would've added "Now that Henry is clearly over the hill and on his way out..." just to make it really hurt.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 01:34 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(11-20-2023, 09:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

We could only hope.  I think Tannehill gives them the best chance to win, but they're opting for Levis not because he's definitively the future, but because he either shows out and earns the job going into next year or plays poorly enough for them to draft his replacement and their "hope" at a franchise QB early in the 1st next year.  If mid-tier is his ceiling, that's great news for us and tack QB purgatory.

Who is going to tell him?

(11-20-2023, 01:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 09:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Feels good seeing the tides turn with them. Everything is cyclical man. If it's any consolation for them. I think Levis has the potential to be a mid-tier QB.

We could only hope.  I think Tannehill gives them the best chance to win, but they're opting for Levis not because he's definitively the future, but because he either shows out and earns the job going into next year or plays poorly enough for them to draft his replacement and their "hope" at a franchise QB early in the 1st next year.  If mid-tier is his ceiling, that's great news for us and tack QB purgatory.

The only QB that really concerns me going into next year's draft. Which, I don't think he'll end up in our division. It's Penix Jr. with the Washington Huskies. He looks like another good lefty in the making at the NFL level. He's been fun to watch this year. They might get a shot at a bowl game or Championship game which would be great for his stock. 

But, he's the one QB I don't want the tacks to get at all. I personally think Caleb Williams is overrated as hell. He's had red flag after red flag after red flag crop up about him. If he was actually winning big games and not choking at times in primetime opportunities I would like him a little more but he doesn't have it altogether in my opinion.

I am 50/50 on Drake Maye as well. Sometimes I like what I see. Sometimes I don't. He doesn't consistently move the needle for me. He seems to lack the clutch trait in my opinion. Outside of his Duke performance, I am not overly impressed.

(11-20-2023, 02:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 01:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We could only hope.  I think Tannehill gives them the best chance to win, but they're opting for Levis not because he's definitively the future, but because he either shows out and earns the job going into next year or plays poorly enough for them to draft his replacement and their "hope" at a franchise QB early in the 1st next year.  If mid-tier is his ceiling, that's great news for us and tack QB purgatory.

The only QB that really concerns me going into next year's draft. Which, I don't think he'll end up in our division. It's Penix Jr. with the Washington Huskies. He looks like another good lefty in the making at the NFL level. He's been fun to watch this year. They might get a shot at a bowl game or Championship game which would be great for his stock. 

But, he's the one QB I don't want the tacks to get at all. I personally think Caleb Williams is overrated as hell. He's had red flag after red flag after red flag crop up about him. If he was actually winning big games and not choking at times in primetime opportunities I would like him a little more but he doesn't have it altogether in my opinion.

I am 50/50 on Drake Maye as well. Sometimes I like what I see. Sometimes I don't. He doesn't consistently move the needle for me. He seems to lack the clutch trait in my opinion. Outside of his Duke performance, I am not overly impressed.

No opinion them from me until I watch highlights during the lead up to the draft mostly for dynasty fantasy purposes.  I don't really watch college ball during the season.  I will say I'm with you on Caleb though.  I don't need to have watched him yet to see the red flags personality wise.

(11-20-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The only QB that really concerns me going into next year's draft. Which, I don't think he'll end up in our division. It's Penix Jr. with the Washington Huskies. He looks like another good lefty in the making at the NFL level. He's been fun to watch this year. They might get a shot at a bowl game or Championship game which would be great for his stock. 

No opinion them from me until I watch highlights during the lead up to the draft mostly for dynasty fantasy purposes.  I don't really watch college ball during the season.  I will say I'm with you on Caleb though.  I don't need to have watched him yet to see the red flags personality wise.

Ahhh man. You're missing out! Penix Jr. has been fantastic at times this year. When you start watching highlights you'll see the Oregon game come up for sure. He's done good against three ranked teams three weeks in a row. Beating USC, Utah and Oregon St. recently. he's played in some pretty [BLEEP] weather games as well. 

Trice on defense is a good player to watch off the edge as well for Washington. 

Not to get off too far from topic though. Since this is a JAX - Tacks thread. Spears concerns me a little bit moving forward in our division. I think he's a good RB. I think he's well rounded and once Henry is done he might actually be a problem full time for this division.

(11-20-2023, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: No opinion them from me until I watch highlights during the lead up to the draft mostly for dynasty fantasy purposes.  I don't really watch college ball during the season.  I will say I'm with you on Caleb though.  I don't need to have watched him yet to see the red flags personality wise.

Ahhh man. You're missing out! Penix Jr. has been fantastic at times this year. When you start watching highlights you'll see the Oregon game come up for sure. He's done good against three ranked teams three weeks in a row. Beating USC, Utah and Oregon St. recently. he's played in some pretty [BLEEP] weather games as well. 

Trice on defense is a good player to watch off the edge as well for Washington. 

Not to get off too far from topic though. Since this is a JAX - Tacks thread. Spears concerns me a little bit moving forward in our division. I think he's a good RB. I think he's well rounded and once Henry is done he might actually be a problem full time for this division.

I'm 100% in agreement with you in your assessments of Williams and Penix Jr.

I think Penix Jr. is going to be the best QB out of this upcoming class. Watched a few of their games this year and he can sling the ball in any part of the field with accuracy. Also helps that he has a very strong group of receivers to like Odunze who I like as a prospect overall.

As far as that tacks go, it looks very clear that Henry is slowing down and isn't as much of a bruiser either - which doesn't bode well for the tacks because they lean so heavily on him. But the mileage has caught up to him.

Was it gregory that got burned by dhop for that late touchdown ?

(11-20-2023, 05:54 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Was it gregory that got burned by dhop for that late touchdown ?

Cisco
alignment/assignment/comms issue
they were caught off guard

(11-20-2023, 06:42 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 05:54 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Was it gregory that got burned by dhop for that late touchdown ?

Cisco
alignment/assignment/comms issue
they were caught off guard

D-Hop made a good play and Levis put it on the money.  Cisco turned and ran but was beat by a step. Cisco even took a late swipe at the ball. Couldn't break it loose. Gotta just chalk that one top as rare good play between the other QB/WR.

Wouldn't have happened w/o the RTP penalty when Chaisson sacked Levis and RRH landed on top of them.

If RRH lays off there it's probably no flag.