Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Mike Caldwell is about to show why he’s the best DC in the land. Stroud is about to see some exotic schemes. And Allen has a chance to either be paid like a premier Jaguar for life or test the market. 

All hands on deck for this division crown in back to back years since 1998 and 1999. 

This is for all the marbles but much earlier, just like last year vs the Titans. 

I want that home playoff game. 

What’s the game plan boys? Stroud can’t sit back there and go for 300 and 4.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

not a game i woulda been so worried about a few months ago, CJ Stroud has been very impressive. I think the winner of this game probably takes the division, tho I think both teams could make the playoffs.

Going to be a great game. Watching the highlights now of them and the Cardinals.

Stroud has a great pocket presence. Climbs it well. Good sense of when to bail. Good arm. Very good off the play action. Dell and Woods are the guys to watch.

Singletary was decent on the ground.

All of that in Q1 in Q2. Was impressed by their offensive line in general. Arizona's defense plays soft though. Seem to get bullied back a lot.

He threw a pick though in the endzone in Q2. He loves the middle of the football field. Almost everything I saw is down the middle.

Watching Q3. He's tough on 3rd and forever to convert. We have to blitz this kid. Mix up the coverages. Force him to make tough decisions. He was mostly comfortable today.

Lawrence has some more opportunities with his legs against their defense. Their run defense in general was a little weak today. Which is unusual for them.

They give up some deep shots as well in the passing game. They got some lucky breaks today. Arizona had a punt bounce off a gunner that was a live ball for them to jump on.

I like our chances next Sunday. I think we'll win by 3.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is a must win game. Doug usually dials up very good game plans for those types of games.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2023, 10:42 PM by imtheblkranger.)

What did Arizona do to force him into 3 INTs? Do the same.

Everything I’ve seen from Houston this year is they live and die by the deep ball, if we can make Stroud have to sink and dunk down the field I think we have a better shot. Defense is also much better now than they were week 3
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We've got plenty of tape to work with now plus a few wrongs to right after Week 3. It was one of those games where everything we did went wrong and everything Houston did worked. I think this is a game a few players are looking forward to.

We need a big game from some of the quiet guys this year. Walker, Lloyd, Rayshawn, Fatukasi. We need some of these guys to start being difference makers.

Houston have been playing well and are on a good run but they are due a reality check and next Sunday is the perfect time. Remind them who rules the South right now.

Stroud is very accurate. He can pick zone apart if he has time. Have to get pressure and bother him. Our offense should eat good. Hopefully

Gonna be super close

Agreed we need to blitz this rookie more.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 12:04 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(11-19-2023, 11:41 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Agreed we need to blitz this rookie more.

I think that is going to be the ticket this week.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 05:45 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-19-2023, 11:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Gonna  be super close

I would agree but that's assuming we show up and look competitive.  I could also see us just doing our usual Texans game (aside from playing there last year) looking like the 49ers game this year where we just start slow and get flooded. IF we lose, I wouldn't trust Houston to win every "winnable" game on their schedule the rest of the way either.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 08:59 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

The tinhorns don't have the element of surprise in this one like they did back in week three. Our team, whether we like it or not, it's a fact. It's just a better football team on the road. I said in the midway predictions thread, after they lost to the 49ers.

I don't think this team will lose another football game now until, at that time, the Bengals or Ravens game, well, now, I'll say more than likely not until the Ravens game. It's possible this team finishes 13 - 4. A lot of things in our favor. But it's imperative they get a 2 game lead this Sunday on the tinhorns.

For those saying the tinhorns schedule is easier than ours? Sure, on paper. However, they did lose to the Panthers a few weeks back. They could lose to a team like the Browns. It's possible. I don't think anything is written in stone with them and, obviously, you have to go out and play the games.

I still like our chances. I am saying we win by 3 at the minimum. Could be a late heroic game winner by McManus, or, we get up on them early and often and the score gets cut down due to them rallying late. It's going to be fun. Cannot wait for this game!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-20-2023, 08:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The tinhorns don't have the element of surprise in this one like they did back in week three. Our team, whether we like it or not, it's a fact. It's just a better football team on the road. I said in the midway predictions thread, after they lost to the 49ers.

I don't think this team will lose another football game now until, at that time, the Bengals or Ravens game, well, now, I'll say more than likely not until the Ravens game. It's possible this team finishes 13 - 4. A lot of things in our favor. But it's imperative they get a 2 game lead this Sunday on the tinhorns.

For those saying the tinhorns schedule is easier than ours? Sure, on paper. However, they did lose to the Panthers a few weeks back. They could lose to a team like the Browns. It's possible. I don't think anything is written in stone with them and, obviously, you have to go out and play the games.

I still like our chances. I am saying we win by 3 at the minimum. Could be a late heroic game winner by McManus, or, we get up on them early and often and the score gets cut down due to them rallying late. It's going to be fun. Cannot wait for this game!
No!

You predicted we would win by 14+ against the 49ers. Take it back!

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 09:11 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-20-2023, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 08:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The tinhorns don't have the element of surprise in this one like they did back in week three. Our team, whether we like it or not, it's a fact. It's just a better football team on the road. I said in the midway predictions thread, after they lost to the 49ers.

No!

You predicted we would win by 14+ against the 49ers. Take it back!

You're right. Tinhorns are going to ram their horns right up our [BLEEP] this Sunday. Our Jaguars are going to be purring like stuffed little kitties from too much Turkey this Thursday and leftovers on Friday. 

We'll lose by at least 8 points and we'll be crying over it in our homes over a glass of milk and a big heaping slice of leftover pumpkin or apple pie. 

Damn it all to hell. We'll be scraping by in week 17 looking for a damn 5th seed - 7th seed. We'll say the Browns game is now a must win so we get the +1 advantage over them followed by the +1 win advantage over the Steelers.

If there was ever a game when we needed Tyson Campbell, this is it. 

Stupid hamstring.

(11-20-2023, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If there was ever a game when we needed Tyson Campbell, this is it. 

Stupid hamstring.

Really may be why they held him yesterday to have him for this week.

This game is more about us than the Texans. Come out and play our game with no turnovers we win. We screw around and give up easy points turning it over or missed assignments we lose.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 10:37 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-20-2023, 10:25 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If there was ever a game when we needed Tyson Campbell, this is it. 

Stupid hamstring.

Really may be why they held him yesterday to have him for this week.

This game is more about us than the Texans. Come out and play our game with no turnovers we win. We screw around and give up easy points turning it over or missed assignments we lose.

I think this game is going one of two ways. We're either winning by 3 or we're going to beat the [BLEEP] out of them in Houston. I cannot see it any other way. I just can't. 

Time to cement our status again in the AFC South.

(11-20-2023, 10:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 10:25 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Really may be why they held him yesterday to have him for this week.

I think this game is going one of two ways. We're either winning by 3 or we're going to beat the [BLEEP] out of them in Houston. I cannot see it any other way. I just can't. 

Offense got some confidence yesterday and the team has a vendetta to pay back for week 3. I can see a dismantling if we play good football.

I liked the pressure packages we brought yesterday. I think they’d be effective on Stroud as well

(11-20-2023, 11:20 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 10:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think this game is going one of two ways. We're either winning by 3 or we're going to beat the [BLEEP] out of them in Houston. I cannot see it any other way. I just can't. 

Offense got some confidence yesterday and the team has a vendetta to pay back for week 3. I can see a dismantling if we play good football.

I liked the pressure packages we brought yesterday. I think they’d be effective on Stroud as well

He works the middle a ton. There's some good opportunities to send a CB blitz if we keep an eye out for it. I would love nothing more than a CB blitz blowing up a play action call that results in Stroud fumbling it or something. I think it's there for the taking. Just have to time it. 

I think Lloyd is going to make a big play passing coverage. Another tip drill or something like that as well. We damn near had one yesterday. Special teams needs to make a play again like they did yesterday.

Right? We lost Agnew. That's a big loss. Long snapper went down and forced a fumble late. Let's see an ace or gunner force a fumble in this one. Make up for that goofy FB TD run that happened. This is the game where you want to see all three components come together again. 

ST's makes a play. Defense makes a play. Offense gets rolling early and often. We didn't score on our first possession offensively yesterday. I want to see that happen in Houston. Score the TD, [BLEEP] it, go for 2 points and convert that as well. Set the tone. Let the tinhorns know week three was a fluke and this is our [BLEEP] division and you're working for it today. No lay-up's.

Just watched the condensed Texans/Ari game and we definitely need to be blitzing Stroud, almost all of his mistakes came when under duress. That and try to prevent the deep ball as best as possible.

Also, tackle the FB on kickoffs.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS