Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Can Hamilton suit up and play? Geez. They gave him the bag and now he’s laying up every other week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're a better team we just have to play like it this week
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-20-2023, 12:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: We're a better team we just have to play like it this week

Keep everything in front of you defensively. Send five here and there and don't let the deep ball beat you. I would rather see Stroud try and outrun our LB core Vs. his receivers out running our secondary for chunk plays downfield. 

Offensively they just need to do what they did yesterday. Even if the running game is not getting off to a good start? Stay somewhat committed to it so that way Lawrence can still do the things he needs with his legs and the play action stuff to make the offense have it's down the field opportunities on the table.

Special teams just needs to do their job. Which they've been better in all honesty since that mistake in week three. I agree though. We're the better team. So, they need to play like it. 100%.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just flush that loss to this team and kick 'em hard like we did the stinkin' tacks yesterday!
Jaguars like steak .....rare and bloody....

Show them why the Jags rule the AFC South!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-20-2023, 12:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can Hamilton suit up and play? Geez. They gave him the bag and now he’s laying up every other week.

Dude had an infection bad enough for a PICC (catheter) to be run through his arm to a large vein near his heart for repeated IV antibiotic treatments. 

When he was finally able to play - he looked understandably weak. 

They are trying to get him back to full strength with a combination of building up for limited reps followed by periods of rest and lighter conditioning. 

Could actually work out great if he's 100% in time for the post season.

(11-20-2023, 12:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can Hamilton suit up and play? Geez. They gave him the bag and now he’s laying up every other week.
Oh check out this tough guy!

Dude clearly had a very serious medical issue and now you're accusing him of sandbagging? Laying up every other week?

Maybe try to get a little context and information before just spewing out garbage.

Has Engram hit the endzone yet this year? If not, man, let's see if we can get him a few designed looks inside the redzone this Sunday.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-20-2023, 12:03 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 11:41 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Agreed we need to blitz this rookie more.

I think that is going to be the ticket this week.

Haven't looked yet but I wonder what is numbers are vs the blitz. I know the great ones of late have all been pretty good against it, it's the inside pressure that throws off the good QBs.

Checking out tinhorns vs cardinals to see how this divisional matchup will stack up in Houston.

The Jags clearly defend the run much better than the cards - so Singletary isn't going 112 yds and 1TD next week.

Limiting Stroud through the air will still be a challenge as he builds more chemistry with his receivers. Hopefully the Jags secondary and staff is getting the film work done to come at him more prepared than the early season tilt.
I don't think we'll see that type of failure again. Not a lot of room for error in this one for our secondary compared to the softball we just got from the tacks. Gotta be sharp.

Offensively for the Jags:

The texans are vulnerable enough through the air if our OL can protect just enough for TL to get off some intermediate depth throws. They did so enough vs the tacks - and that's probably a more talented overall front than what they'll face in Houston, so ...It is do-able.

I'd stay balanced with the run mixed in plenty + utilize swings, screens and wheels, but I think through the air is where we can damage them the most.

Jags will beat the Texans by 7+ points.

We have to stop Tank Dell or whatever their WR's name is. He seems to be clicking with Stroud very well this entire year.

I hope we get Tyson back but I'm not sure how long he's out for.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 02:56 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-20-2023, 02:46 PM)enigma Wrote: We have to stop Tank Dell or whatever their WR's name is. He seems to be clicking with Stroud very well this entire year.

Dell is the primary guy to watch. Metchie is starting to get his game back to him as well. Woods was also making splash plays for them yesterday. Somehow, there so good at WR that you forget they also have Schultz at TE. He's been getting more looks his way. Over their last three games, he was a pest against the Buccaneers and Bengals. 

This is why I keep harping on what I saw yesterday. He loves the middle of the field as a passer. You have to disguise and roll coverages around to get him to hesitate while looking over the middle and you're going to have to send five at him more often than not. Caldwell doesn't dial up the blitz too much but when he does it's effective and well timed. 

Expecting a big game out of Lloyd, Oluokon and Cisco this Sunday. With Campbell out, Brown, Williams and Jenkins have to make sure they don't blow anything coverage wise. That's when Dell can hurt you. 

So, again. Keep everything in front of you defensively. Blitz at the right time. Disguise the middle of the field coverage wise and mix that up. Don't let Stroud have all day to scan the field, make him beat you with his legs instead of his arm. Also, Singletary. Keep him in check. They thrive off of play action. Stopping the run early will take a lot of guess work out of their play action attempts.

They'll try a lot of end around runs as well. It's coming. I could see them trying to get the ground game around the parameter instead of trying to deal with Walker and the LBs.

(11-20-2023, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:46 PM)enigma Wrote: We have to stop Tank Dell or whatever their WR's name is. He seems to be clicking with Stroud very well this entire year.

Dell is the primary guy to watch. Metchie is starting to get his game back to him as well. Woods was also making splash plays for them yesterday. Somehow, there so good at WR that you forget they also have Schultz at TE. He's been getting more looks his way. Over their last three games, he was a pest against the Buccaneers and Bengals. 

This is why I keep harping on what I saw yesterday. He loves the middle of the field as a passer. You have to disguise and roll coverages around to get him to hesitate while looking over the middle and you're going to have to send five at him more often than not. Caldwell doesn't dial up the blitz too much but when he does it's effective and well timed. 

Expecting a big game out of Lloyd, Oluokon and Cisco this Sunday. With Campbell out, Brown, Williams and Jenkins have to make sure they don't blow anything coverage wise. That's when Dell can hurt you. 

So, again. Keep everything in front of you defensively. Blitz at the right time. Disguise the middle of the field coverage wise and mix that up. Don't let Stroud have all day to scan the field, make him beat you with his legs instead of his arm. Also, Singletary. Keep him in check. They thrive off of play action. Stopping the run early will take a lot of guess work out of their play action attempts.

They'll try a lot of end around runs as well. It's coming. I could see them trying to get the ground game around the parameter instead of trying to deal with Walker and the LBs.

Absolutely, they are stacked at the various skill positions and have a decent O-line as well.

This game is going to be won/lost from the trenches on both sides of the ball. We need to have our front 7 generate pressure with different looks, like you mentioned, and hopefully give Stroud a new look to process because as much as I hate to say it - he's been kicking [BLEEP] this year as a rookie for the tinhorns.

The Cardinals game definitely revealed a good blueprint on Stroud and their offense - and I think that our defense can do what the Cards did but MUCH better, especially with takeaway opportunities. 

I'm just a little apprehensive about our O-line matching up against their front 7. It was good to see our O-line unit do well against the tacks on Sunday but they will have their hands full with the tinhorns. And those designed roll-outs/bootlegs/play-actions will be something to lean more on as well and could be potentially more effective - as I feel ETN might have a better chance to work this tinhorns defense early and often.

(11-20-2023, 12:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Just watched the condensed Texans/Ari game and we definitely need to be blitzing Stroud, almost all of his mistakes came when under duress. That and try to prevent the deep ball as best as possible.

Also, tackle the FB on kickoffs.

If this team decides to just rush 4, we lose. Got to keep the heat on this rookie.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 04:42 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-20-2023, 04:22 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 12:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Just watched the condensed Texans/Ari game and we definitely need to be blitzing Stroud, almost all of his mistakes came when under duress. That and try to prevent the deep ball as best as possible.

Also, tackle the FB on kickoffs.

If this team decides to just rush 4, we lose. Got to keep the heat on this rookie.

Oluokon has been blitzing more right down the middle. I think this could be in play here and there this Sunday. Maybe alternate with him and Lloyd. He's had 2 or 2.5 sacks over the last two games.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few fire zone blitzes in this game. Get the inside backers going in while dropping Walker and Allen back here and there to try and jump a pass or two.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 05:36 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-20-2023, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Noah Brown as well.  He's had over 150 yards in each of the last 2 games he's played and Nico Collins is their leading WR

(11-20-2023, 02:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Has Engram hit the endzone yet this year? If not, man, let's see if we can get him a few designed looks inside the redzone this Sunday.

Still would love to see elijah cooks be used in the End zone 

His height could prove a weapon in some matchups

As much as I think blitzing will work great. Game may be decided by how much pressure 41/44 get when we only send 4.

The plus side is that we're keeping him from wear and tear now. Give him December to prep for January. Will be nice to have some fresh legs when postseason rolls around.

(11-20-2023, 05:55 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Has Engram hit the endzone yet this year? If not, man, let's see if we can get him a few designed looks inside the redzone this Sunday.

Still would love to see elijah cooks be used in the End zone 

His height could prove a weapon in some matchups

Maybe Cooks will be our secret weapon once we get into December. It really bothers me that he has not had any real opportunities in the receiving game yet. Trust the process I guess. 

Knowing how the NFL operates, they'll probably conveniently wait to suspend Zay Jones when we earn a play-off spot. Having somebody in that same mold would help getting some meaningful repetitions now while we can. 

(11-20-2023, 08:30 PM)NoShoes Wrote: As much as I think blitzing will work great. Game may be decided by how much pressure 41/44 get when we only send 4.

Yeah. As always. Every defense would love to hit home with their base front. They'll have their moments this Sunday. I still think we can expect Caldwell to dial up some good looks and well timed blitzes though. Similar to how McDuffie was used last night blitzing from the slot against Hurts. 

I could see Caldwell trying to use Jenkins/Herndon in a similar fashion while also trying to get Allen and Walker dropping back in certain short change situations once we shut down the running game. Some fire zone blitzes will more than likely be called. I am telling you though.

Devin Lloyd. He's the guy to watch. He's been coming on strong all year but especially since the bye week. He's overdue to make a big, momentum changing play for us on defense. A FF or tipped INT is coming his way.