Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Jags were able to stave off the pressure from the tacks front pretty well.

Right now the tinhorns have three guys getting good pressure (Greenard, Collins, and Anderson)

Collins getting interior pressure may be the scariest bit for our line.
Hopefully E Cleveland is ready to play a full game and make a difference on that interior.

Slowing those three down will be key to our offensive production IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also remember week 3 was the first game without Zay. Having him in this game will be very beneficial for us as well. I think we take this one.

Sunday can't come fast enough.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-21-2023, 12:20 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Also remember week 3 was the first game without Zay. Having him in this game will be very beneficial for us as well. I think we take this one.

Sunday can't come fast enough.

Looking for a big play to Zay on Sunday. A 50+ yarder for a TD.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 01:08 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I know sometimes certain teams match up well against a generally perceived better opponent, but if you take away the earlier Jags/tinhorns result from both team's schedules, the Jags are 7-2 and the tinhorns are 5-4. Outside of that earlier game, we have losses against KC and SF, two of the perceived best teams in the league. They have losses against the ravens, clots, falcons and panthers. We handled the clots twice as well as the falcons. We were the clear better team on the field in those 3 common opponent games. That said, the earlier Jags/tinhorns result seems more like an anomaly than something that meets expectations. I expect we'll have a two score lead at some point in the 4th and be able to close out the game.

Make no mistake, this is a big game for the Jags though. Need to show that the division isn't in question and that the tinhorns aren't somehow in their heads.

Also, the tinhorns have won some squeakers. Probably shouldn't have been allowed to drive down the field as they did against the bucs for the win. Good for them, awesome as a fan to win games like that, but they aren't all the way there yet. Teams that win squeakers don't always turn into goliaths. Sometimes they start losing squeakers or fall apart altogether.

(11-21-2023, 01:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I know sometimes certain teams match up well against a generally perceived better opponent, but if you take away the earlier Jags/tinhorns result from both team's schedules, the Jags are 7-2 and the tinhorns are 5-4.  Outside of that earlier game, we have losses against KC and SF, two of the perceived best teams in the league.  They have losses against the ravens, clots, falcons and panthers.  We handled the clots twice as well as the falcons. We were the clear better team on the field in those 3 common opponent games.  That said, the earlier Jags/tinhorns result seems more like an anomaly than something that meets expectations.  I expect we'll have a two score lead at some point in the 4th and be able to close out the game. 

Make no mistake, this is a big game for the Jags though.  Need to show that the division isn't in question and that the tinhorns aren't somehow in their heads.

Also, the tinhorns have won some squeakers.  Probably shouldn't have been allowed to drive down the field as they did against the bucs for the win.  Good for them, awesome as a fan to win games like that, but they aren't all the way there yet.  Teams that win squeakers don't always turn into goliaths.  Sometimes they start losing squeakers or fall apart altogether.

I agree with this assessment. They had the element of surprise in week three. They won't have that luxury again this Sunday. Fully expect this team to come out red hot looking to make it's point early. I said it earlier. This game goes one of two ways for me. 

1. We're either winning it by three. 
2. We're going to beat the [BLEEP] out of them. 

We're not losing this football game on Sunday. Not with what's on the line.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think I read that they're going to break out the Battle Reds for this game. They seem to do that against us frequently. I think if the Jags play up to their potential then the game won't really be in question but this team has been anything but consistent. I hope they do bring their A game or there's going to be a lot of disappointed Jags' fans Monday morning.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-21-2023, 05:29 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think I read that they're going to break out the Battle Reds for this game. They seem to do that against us frequently. I think if the Jags play up to their potential then the game won't really be in question but this team has been anything but consistent. I hope they do bring their A game or there's going to be a lot of disappointed Jags' fans Monday morning.

I joked about the battle red uniforms during the tacks thread. I can't wait man. I really can't. I think we're fixing to thump them pretty good on Sunday and leave little doubt as to who the AFC South belongs to.

Unfortunately Houston already had our number historically, and now they have a legit quarterback.

I just can’t say with good confidence, given this teams inconsistencies, that they can go into Houston and pull it off.

I hope I’m proven dead wrong and this post is quoted and laughed at.

(11-21-2023, 05:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 05:29 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think I read that they're going to break out the Battle Reds for this game. They seem to do that against us frequently. I think if the Jags play up to their potential then the game won't really be in question but this team has been anything but consistent. I hope they do bring their A game or there's going to be a lot of disappointed Jags' fans Monday morning.

I joked about the battle red uniforms during the tacks thread. I can't wait man. I really can't. I think we're fixing to thump them pretty good on Sunday and leave little doubt as to who the AFC South belongs to.

I hope you’re right. In the past, this would be a game the Jags fumble away but this team is starting to convince me they’re different. Tinhorn fans seem to be cautiously optimistic on their side. We have to get to Stroud, early and often. If he gets in a rhythm, it’s going to be tough.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-21-2023, 08:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 05:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I joked about the battle red uniforms during the tacks thread. I can't wait man. I really can't. I think we're fixing to thump them pretty good on Sunday and leave little doubt as to who the AFC South belongs to.

I hope you’re right. In the past, this would be a game the Jags fumble away but this team is starting to convince me they’re different. Tinhorn fans seem to be cautiously optimistic on their side. We have to get to Stroud, early and often. If he gets in a rhythm, it’s going to be tough.

Can we please remember to tackle the FB as well lol

I can’t remember the last time the Jaguars won against the Texans in their battle red uniforms. 

I’ll take a win any way possible.

I know lots have said this game is the defecto afc south championship game. Texans win they'll have the same record as us, will own the tiebreaker, and have easier schedule rest of the way. What I didn't realize though is if we win we'll essentially own the tiebreaker over them. It wouldn't be official as there will be a couple scenarios they'd beat us out but the final 6 weeks would have to break in such specific ways its almost statistically impossible. They'd be more likely to just finish with a better record than win the tiebreaker. Crazy how wildly different the standings will look depending on who wins.

Saying all that I have no idea how this game plays out. Obviously feels like we've got our momentum back. Doug seems to get these guys ready for important games. Houston will actually feel some pressure for the first time this year now that they all of a sudden have expectations. But on the otherhand they seem designed to give us problems. Strong defensive line. Accurate QB. Big play WR. Similar style as niners. As others have said we'll need to get pressure on Stroud. Safeties back and not allow them to get big chunk plays. Hopefully we jump on them early which we should have done in first game if not for dropped touchdowns, missed field goals, etc.... This game is a total coin flip to me. If we bring our A game I think we win.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 10:12 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-21-2023, 09:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I know lots have said this game is the defecto afc south championship game. Texans win they'll have the same record as us, will own the tiebreaker, and have easier schedule rest of the way.  What I didn't realize though is if we win we'll essentially own the tiebreaker over them. It wouldn't be official as there will be a couple scenarios they'd beat us out but the final 6 weeks would have to break in such specific ways its almost statistically impossible.  They'd be more likely to just finish with a better record than win the tiebreaker.  Crazy how wildly different the standings will look depending on who wins.

Saying all that I have no idea how this game plays out. Obviously feels like we've got our momentum back.  Doug seems to get these guys ready for important games.  Houston will actually feel some pressure for the first time this year now that they all of a sudden have expectations.  But on the otherhand they seem designed to give us problems.  Strong defensive line.  Accurate QB.  Big play WR.  Similar style as niners.  As others have said we'll need to get pressure on Stroud.  Safeties back and not allow them to get big chunk plays.  Hopefully we jump on them early which we should have done in first game if not for dropped touchdowns, missed field goals, etc.... This game is a total coin flip to me.  If we bring our A game I think we win.

The next tie breaker after head to head is divisional record and they lost to the clots and we didn't.  They also have to play the tacks twice.  If we win in Houston, for them to regain the tie breaker, we'd have to lose to the tacks the next time we play them and they'd have to sweep the tacks as well.  We'd then wind up with the same divisional record and it would fall to the next tie breaker which is common opponents I thinks which would factor in our win against the falcons and their loss against them.

(11-21-2023, 10:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 09:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I know lots have said this game is the defecto afc south championship game. Texans win they'll have the same record as us, will own the tiebreaker, and have easier schedule rest of the way.  What I didn't realize though is if we win we'll essentially own the tiebreaker over them. It wouldn't be official as there will be a couple scenarios they'd beat us out but the final 6 weeks would have to break in such specific ways its almost statistically impossible.  They'd be more likely to just finish with a better record than win the tiebreaker.  Crazy how wildly different the standings will look depending on who wins.

Saying all that I have no idea how this game plays out. Obviously feels like we've got our momentum back.  Doug seems to get these guys ready for important games.  Houston will actually feel some pressure for the first time this year now that they all of a sudden have expectations.  But on the otherhand they seem designed to give us problems.  Strong defensive line.  Accurate QB.  Big play WR.  Similar style as niners.  As others have said we'll need to get pressure on Stroud.  Safeties back and not allow them to get big chunk plays.  Hopefully we jump on them early which we should have done in first game if not for dropped touchdowns, missed field goals, etc.... This game is a total coin flip to me.  If we bring our A game I think we win.

The next tie breaker after head to head is divisional record and they lost to the clots and we didn't.  They also have to play the tacks twice.  If we win in Houston, for them to regain the tie breaker, we'd have to lose to the tacks the next time we play them and they'd have to sweep the tacks as well.  We'd then wind up with the same divisional record and it would fall to the next tie breaker which is common opponents I thinks which would factor in our win against the falcons and their loss against them.

Doesn’t matter tie breakers. We’re going to win and run away with the division
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 10:42 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(11-21-2023, 10:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 10:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The next tie breaker after head to head is divisional record and they lost to the clots and we didn't.  They also have to play the tacks twice.  If we win in Houston, for them to regain the tie breaker, we'd have to lose to the tacks the next time we play them and they'd have to sweep the tacks as well.  We'd then wind up with the same divisional record and it would fall to the next tie breaker which is common opponents I thinks which would factor in our win against the falcons and their loss against them.

Doesn’t matter tie breakers. We’re going to win and run away with the division

Oh I agree, but from a tie breakers perspective (if it somehow comes to that) this game looks to mean more for the tinhorns than it does us.  I don't want to think about losing this game too much, but if we did, I could still envision a scenario with the remainder of the season playing out where we still wind up with a better record than them and win the division.  I don't envision any scenario where we win this game and they somehow win the division though as we would have a 2 game lead and essentially own the tie breaker barring some catastrophic losses to the panthers, bucs and Glass Joe-less bengals (common opponents).

(11-21-2023, 10:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Yes they'd need to win their 3 remaining games against titans and colts and we'd need to lose to titans.  Looking at next tiebreaker, common opponents, it's almost easier to look at uncommon opponents since fewer games to count. The team with the worse record against uncommon opponents would by definition have a better record against common opponents. We've already played our 3 games against uncommon opponents going 1-2 (bills, chiefs, niners). They've only played one of their three beating the cardinals. Which means they'd have to lose to both the broncos and jets. With them having to lose two games that means we'd have to lose at least 4 of our last 6 to finish in a tie with them where they could win a tiebreaker.  This is all far too improbable.  If we win Sunday the tiebreaker is essentially ours.  

Obviously easiest thing to do would be win the division outright but would be nice having that tiebreaker in our back pocket considering the easier schedule they have down the stretch.

At the end of the Sounds of the Game video from this weekends game, they were already talking about next week. They know how big of a game it is. Trevor even called it a huge game, because it is. He's also well aware of his record vs them. He said that he's 1-4 against them to Doug. If ever there's a week to show up, it's this weekend.

Hard to call a midseason game a playoff game, but this week is about as close as it gets.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 03:31 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags have been doing well vs colts and titans finally. However, Houston we’ve had a problem. It’s time to show them.

Go jags!

(11-21-2023, 11:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: At the end of the Sounds of the Game video from this weekends game, they were already talking about next week. They know how big of a game it is. Trevor even called it a huge game, because it is. He's also well aware of his record vs them. He said that he's 1-4 against them to Doug. If ever there's a week to show up, it's this weekend.

Hard to call a midseason game a playoff game, but this week is about as close as it gets.

This part right there. I caught that as well last night. He's dialed in. I expect him to come out and deliver the same, if not, even better performance from this past Sunday's game. 

Looking for some new looks offensively. One of which will involve Engram finally hitting the endzone, maybe a nice corner route or drag route that opens up underneath with Zay and Ridley drawing coverage downfield. 

I also think we'll see some big plays on defense. Stroud started showing some mistakes in their close win over the Cardinals. Could be streaky in a bad way for him here soon.

(11-22-2023, 08:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 11:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: At the end of the Sounds of the Game video from this weekends game, they were already talking about next week. They know how big of a game it is. Trevor even called it a huge game, because it is. He's also well aware of his record vs them. He said that he's 1-4 against them to Doug. If ever there's a week to show up, it's this weekend.

This part right there. I caught that as well last night. He's dialed in. I expect him to come out and deliver the same, if not, even better performance from this past Sunday's game. 

Looking for some new looks offensively. One of which will involve Engram finally hitting the endzone, maybe a nice corner route or drag route that opens up underneath with Zay and Ridley drawing coverage downfield. 

I also think we'll see some big plays on defense. Stroud started showing some mistakes in their close win over the Cardinals. Could be streaky in a bad way for him here soon.

I think there's enough tape out on Houston now that teams are figuring them out. Bring the heat on the rookie and he starts forcing some throws, which makes sense. Dell and Collins aren't catching teams by surprise anymore.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS