Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Jags need to find a way to win this sunday.  if they lose we will see a repeat of 99 just with texans instead of tittians.  texans will knock jags out of playoffs if jags lose this sunday.   theres tons rideing on this game sunday not just the divisionnot just a good seed. everything is on the line.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2023, 08:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 08:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This part right there. I caught that as well last night. He's dialed in. I expect him to come out and deliver the same, if not, even better performance from this past Sunday's game. 

Looking for some new looks offensively. One of which will involve Engram finally hitting the endzone, maybe a nice corner route or drag route that opens up underneath with Zay and Ridley drawing coverage downfield. 

I also think we'll see some big plays on defense. Stroud started showing some mistakes in their close win over the Cardinals. Could be streaky in a bad way for him here soon.

I think there's enough tape out on Houston now that teams are figuring them out. Bring the heat on the rookie and he starts forcing some throws, which makes sense. Dell and Collins aren't catching teams by surprise anymore.

Yep. We're both completely different teams now since week three. I can respect what they have done, but, I just expect us to go into Houston this Sunday on a business trip and walk out of there with the bag in convincing fashion. 

This team is good. They're not San Francisco, Philadelphia or Detroit good. Can Stroud put up points in a shootout? Sure, if you let him. That's my problem with some of these games I have seen. 

A lot of defenses just sat back way too much and let him get comfortable way too much. You have to send five here and there and you have to disguise your coverages. I think it's just going to be one of those weeks. Especially for Lloyd, Oluokon and Cisco. Looking for those three to be the Pyramid of the defense down the middle this Sunday.

Stop the run game early. Hinder their ability to sell their play action game early. Keep the big play in front of you and pinch the sidelines. Force this kid to step up into the pocket to make plays in the shark zone down the middle. That's the key. The moment you let him stand back or flush left or right he'll find the big play. 

Darious Williams has also been awfully quiet these last few weeks. Time for him to snatch him one.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-22-2023, 08:56 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags need to find a way to win this sunday.  if they lose we will see a repeat of 99 just with texans instead of tittians.  texans will knock jags out of playoffs if jags lose this sunday.   theres tons rideing on this game sunday not just the divisionnot just a good seed. everything is on the line.

We'll win. Worst case? We lose. We still get a 5th - 7th seed. We go up into Houston and beat them in the play-off's when it really counts.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 09:44 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2023, 09:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 08:56 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags need to find a way to win this sunday.  if they lose we will see a repeat of 99 just with texans instead of tittians.  texans will knock jags out of playoffs if jags lose this sunday.   theres tons rideing on this game sunday not just the divisionnot just a good seed. everything is on the line.

We'll win. Worst case? We lose. We still get a 5th - 7th seed. We go up into Houston and beat them in the play-off's when it really counts.

I realize you're accurately painting the worst case scenario, but I wouldn't arbitrarily concede the division even if we somehow do lose.  A lot of football left to be played after this week.  They still have 3 division games after this one which can often play unusually close even when one team is clearly better than the other.  They still have to play a hot Broncos team and a still dangerous Browns team.  And does Boyle give that Jets offense a glimmer of life that Wilson clearly couldn't?  

My point is, that worst case scenario is not necessarily set in stone with a loss this week and I say this being someone who would be stunned by a Jags loss this weekend.  The only way I see us losing is with significant injury and/or egregiously bad officiating tilted against us ala "we need to call it a fumble so we can review it and oh by the way we didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn this fumble" that clearly wasn't a fumble type of calls.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 11:45 AM by jagshype.)

Breaking Down the Most Recent Game of Rookie Phenom C.J. Stroud | Kurt Warner x QB Confidential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfZyohX3kA

(11-22-2023, 11:44 AM)jagshype Wrote: Breaking Down the Most Recent Game of Rookie Phenom C.J. Stroud | Kurt Warner x QB Confidential

Bet he throws a pick six this Sunday.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(11-22-2023, 11:44 AM)jagshype Wrote: Breaking Down the Most Recent Game of Rookie Phenom C.J. Stroud | Kurt Warner x QB Confidential

Holy clean pockets, Batman!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 12:40 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2023, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

They didn't try most of the time. At all. That's why everybody on here that's watched the games they've had or highlights are preaching. You have to send more than four at him from time to time. He gets too comfortable. They did bait him into three interceptions though. One of which was inside the endzone.

For me it's going to boil down to Lloyd, Oluokon and Cisco. Those three guys have to be on point 99.9% of the time when they're on the football field. If they can make the middle difficult for him they'll more than likely runaway with this football game at some point.

Jaguars 31- 21

(11-22-2023, 12:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Holy clean pockets, Batman!

They didn't try most of the time. At all. That's why everybody on here that's watched the games they've had or highlights are preaching. You have to send more than four at him from time to time. He gets too comfortable. They did bait him into three interceptions though. One of which was inside the endzone.

For me it's going to boil down to Lloyd, Oluokon and Cisco. Those three guys have to be on point 99.9% of the time when they're on the football field. If they can make the middle difficult for him they'll more than likely runaway with this football game at some point.

I saw Oluokun at Publix yesterday. 
I decided not to harass him, but I noticed his wife picked out the good parmesan. Not that Kraft stuff. 
I'm 91% certain he'll be ready.

Man, YouTube is pushing hard for premium memberships. I don't know about the rest of you, but while I was watching that video, I was interrupted 3 times by ads that did not have the "Skip Ad" option. It was two 15 seconds ads back-to-back.

(11-22-2023, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

I'm not sure if this video is more complimentary of Stroud or the O line.

(11-22-2023, 12:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Holy clean pockets, Batman!

There's a few of those passes I think should have went elsewhere as well.  One in particular was the 2nd or 3rd clip that resulted in a TD.  It was a high risk throw into coverage that paid off, but the underneath crossing route was wide open on soft coverage with room to run probably to the 5 yard line.  It was a much safer throw.  Nobody is gonna get beat up over a TD throw, but perhaps evidence that he lives a little dangerously.  No doubt he's playing above his experience level and the clean pockets contribute to that I'm sure.  But yes, it looked like the cardinals were content to rush 4 from those clips.  The coverages seemed tighter as the clips moved forward.  Do we know if the clips are in chronological order?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 12:59 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2023, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They didn't try most of the time. At all. That's why everybody on here that's watched the games they've had or highlights are preaching. You have to send more than four at him from time to time. He gets too comfortable. They did bait him into three interceptions though. One of which was inside the endzone.

I decided not to harass him, but I noticed his wife picked out the good parmesan. Not that Kraft stuff. 

HA. Good stuff. I use that in my 5 cheese mac and cheese. Goes good on top with the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter to finish off in the oven.

(11-22-2023, 12:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They didn't try most of the time. At all. That's why everybody on here that's watched the games they've had or highlights are preaching. You have to send more than four at him from time to time. He gets too comfortable. They did bait him into three interceptions though. One of which was inside the endzone.

There's a few of those passes I think should have went elsewhere as well.  One in particular was the 2nd or 3rd clip that resulted in a TD.  It was a high risk throw into coverage that paid off, but the underneath crossing route was wide open on soft coverage with room to run probably to the 5 yard line.  It was a much safer throw.  Nobody is gonna get beat up over a TD throw, but perhaps evidence that he lives a little dangerously.  No doubt he's playing above his experience level and the clean pockets contribute to that I'm sure.  But yes, it looked like the cardinals were content to rush 4 from those clips.  The coverages seemed tighter as the clips moved forward.  Do we know if the clips are in chronological order?

That I don't know. But, if you go on YouTube and look up the highlights from that game it goes in chronological order. It's the easiest way to see where a lot of teams get their lucky breaks and tendencies from. I really felt like Arizona had a chance. I feel like they let Houston get away with a defensive encroachment or neutral zone infraction on Murray's last pass attempt to finish the game. 

It's amazing how lucky they have been this year. Two games easily could have and probably should have went the other way had Tampa Bay had their [BLEEP] together late and had Arizona not had a goofy punt bounce off of their gunner running downfield. [BLEEP] happens. Good teams take advantage of your mistakes. 

That's what they're doing right now. I just hope we thump the hell out of them and put this little cinderella story to bed like sleeping beauty. Sick of hearing about them.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 02:03 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

That's a really cheesy story.

I saw a werewolf drinking Pina Colada's at Trader Vics
His hair was perfect
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I saw Trevor Lawrence at a Publix at Jax Beach yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

(11-22-2023, 01:48 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I saw Oluokun at Publix yesterday. 

I saw Trevor Lawrence at a Publix at Jax Beach yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I could see that.

I.... um.... 

That's weird.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

AND, he parks in the handicapped space. When confronted, he just keeps asking “How do you know I’m not handicapped? Are you judging me? Are you judging me? Are you judging me?…”