Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

I like the fact that the Jaguars are not only 7-3 which is tied for the second best in the AFC, but they didn't do it with a bunch of cupcake games.  Below are the records (excluding games against the Jaguars) of the teams the Jaguars have played this season:

6-3
6-3
6-3
6-4
5-3
5-3
5-4
5-4
4-5
3-6

That's 8 out of our 10 opponents being teams who have won the majority of their games against other teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2023, 01:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I like the fact that the Jaguars are not only 7-3 which is tied for the second best in the AFC, but they didn't do it with a bunch of cupcake games.  Below are the records (excluding games against the Jaguars) of the teams the Jaguars have played this season:

6-3
6-3
6-3
6-4
5-3
5-3
5-4
5-4
4-5
3-6

That's 8 out of our 10 opponents being teams who have won the majority of their games against other teams.

Like any of the good but not great teams we've faced in 2023 - the tinhorns are beatable

Just gotta limit the mistakes and execute the plays and coverages called.

Just another chance for our guys to be good on the road

(11-23-2023, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 01:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I like the fact that the Jaguars are not only 7-3 which is tied for the second best in the AFC, but they didn't do it with a bunch of cupcake games.  Below are the records (excluding games against the Jaguars) of the teams the Jaguars have played this season:

6-3
6-3
6-3
6-4
5-3
5-3
5-4
5-4
4-5
3-6

Like any of the good but not great teams we've faced in 2023 - the tinhorns are beatable

Getting to Stroud will be key, IMHO. This will be the defense's game to win.

(11-23-2023, 09:15 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 03:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Going to be in Houston representing Duuuvvaaalllll

My wife came through with some surprise tickets. I really hope we kick them hard. Not a bad trip down from DFW. Will be a nice drive back after a win.

That's awesome! I want to go but tickets got expensive after Sunday. I'll keep checking daily to see if there is any sweet deals that pop up

Seatgeek has a number of decent deals (130-150) in non nosebleed section, depending on your budget. Also saw plenty of upper level stuff too around 70ish
And pretty sure pat mcafee has a promo code on his site you can use to get an additional 10% discount.

(11-23-2023, 02:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Like any of the good but not great teams we've faced in 2023 - the tinhorns are beatable

Yep 
Need to make that rookie QB look as such on Sunday
Can't give him time to find his targets clean

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 03:21 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

Time to put up or shut up… Is this Jaguars team elite? Are they even very good? We’ll soon see
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-23-2023, 02:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Like any of the good but not great teams we've faced in 2023 - the tinhorns are beatable

Texans have a very good oline

one thing to also remember is that every team we have faced has also had to face us. we are a tough out if we actually come to play like last week. and pretty much every game we have won we have been up 2 scores.

(11-23-2023, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

6-3
6-3
6-3
6-4
5-3
5-3
5-4
5-4
4-5
3-6

Jags have had a tough schedule. I’ve thought this since before the season started, and I still do.

that is quite impressive when you think about it.

(11-23-2023, 02:11 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:15 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: That's awesome! I want to go but tickets got expensive after Sunday. I'll keep checking daily to see if there is any sweet deals that pop up

Seatgeek has a number of decent deals (130-150) in non nosebleed section, depending on your budget. Also saw plenty of upper level stuff too around 70ish
And pretty sure pat mcafee has a promo code on his site you can use to get an additional 10% discount.

Yo thank you for that promo code! We found seats and are so so excited to go now!

The Jags are the better team. In the first matchup we had a blocked FG, a fumble by Agnew and a blown coverage deep and it was still 17-10 only at the end of the 3rd. Then came the FB kickoff return and a Trevor INT and the game was out of hand. So many anomalies like in this game is unreal. Plus no Zay Jones or Cam Robinson, Ben Barth was the starting LG.

(11-24-2023, 08:56 AM)Holger Wrote: The Jags are the better team. In the first matchup we had a blocked FG, a fumble by Agnew and a blown coverage deep and it was still 17-10 only at the end of the 3rd. Then came the FB kickoff return and a Trevor INT and the game was out of hand. So many anomalies like in this game is unreal. Plus no Zay Jones or Cam Robinson, Ben Barth was the starting LG.

Yeah pretty much this.  A lot of low probability type outcomes on several plays that had a big impact on the game.  Can't expect that to happen again.

We're winning by 3 or we're going to beat the hell out of them. There's no losing this game on Sunday folks. Just not happening. Expect a big day out of Oluokon, Lloyd and Cisco. Those are the keys to victories on defense.

Offensively? I think they need Lawrence to double down from his performance again. They're stout against the run. I don't expect Etienne to see much daylight in this one but they could always get him involved in the passing game and supplement with screens to keep the defense guessing.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think we need to score first.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 09:55 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

Tyson and Zay still questionable. Jimmie Ward and Noah Brown haven't been practicing for Houston.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 10:21 AM by BritJag. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-24-2023, 08:56 AM)Holger Wrote: The Jags are the better team. In the first matchup we had a blocked FG, a fumble by Agnew and a blown coverage deep and it was still 17-10 only at the end of the 3rd. Then came the FB kickoff return and a Trevor INT and the game was out of hand. So many anomalies like in this game is unreal. Plus no Zay Jones or Cam Robinson, Ben Barth was the starting LG.

Most bizarre blow out ever, in which the victor could not claim even ONE area of dominance on the field. Jags ran for notably more yards, passed for more yards, had way more first downs, allowed no sacks, had a longer time of possession, less penalties, less penalty yards, held their top RB to under 50 yards, etc., and still lost by 20, precisely due to the most inopportune miscues, as you've noted here. And garbage stats do not apply, as they never pulled away uncontrollably. Instead, the sequence of Jags miscues/self inflicted woes spiralled the game out of control. Screw Houston.

A burgeoning squad with a fun offense but not close to what their fans think they are. This game is not a division clincher either. Even if they somehow win, it's not as if they can't/won't lose to much weaker teams down the road, ending up with a worse record than the Jags. I liked them, like their coach, QB, and story, and yes, they seem way ahead of their retooling process. But their fans ticked me off...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(11-22-2023, 06:14 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I hate when ya'll hijacked the topic with the foolishness because this is a big game. Please stay on topic for God's sake. ??????

Is this the one and only Mrs. Leopold Bortles, my fave fellow alum? Trust all's well with you and the family.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(11-24-2023, 09:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I think we need to score first.

and last

(11-24-2023, 11:24 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 09:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I think we need to score first.

and last

Both are irrelevant. We need to score the most.