Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Not sure if anyone posted this, but It's a battle red game, so the Jags won't be winning.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

jags are definitely going to win this game and improve to 8-3 on the year.

(11-24-2023, 10:19 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 08:56 AM)Holger Wrote: The Jags are the better team. In the first matchup we had a blocked FG, a fumble by Agnew and a blown coverage deep and it was still 17-10 only at the end of the 3rd. Then came the FB kickoff return and a Trevor INT and the game was out of hand. So many anomalies like in this game is unreal. Plus no Zay Jones or Cam Robinson, Ben Barth was the starting LG.

Most bizarre blow out ever, in which the victor could not claim even ONE area of dominance on the field. Jags ran for notably more yards, passed for more yards, had way more first downs, allowed no sacks, had a longer time of possession, less penalties, less penalty yards, held their top RB to under 50 yards, etc., and still lost by 20, precisely due to the most inopportune miscues, as you've noted here. And garbage stats do not apply, as they never pulled away uncontrollably. Instead, the sequence of Jags miscues/self inflicted woes spiralled the game out of control. Screw Houston.

A burgeoning squad with a fun offense but not close to what their fans think they are. This game is not a division clincher either. Even if they somehow win, it's not as if they can't/won't lose to much weaker teams down the road, ending up with a worse record than the Jags. I liked them, like their coach, QB, and story, and yes, they seem way ahead of their retooling process. But their fans ticked me off...

It was really bizarre and why I've had to endure my stepson's remarks about how the Jags are going to lose Sunday.
I just smile and say things will be "different" this time around.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Tyson out again, that one hurts.

I’m not feeling real confident, to be honest

so many things went wrong back in week 3.

Dropped TD by Ridley + 7 Points
Blown Coverage on a KR Touchdown -7 points
Blown Coverage on Tank Dell TD. -7 points

take away those 3 plays and it's a different game, instead of losing 37-17 it could of been 24-23 Jaguars.

for most of the game jags defense were playing well, we stopped them to a few 3 and outs. 4 punts.

we had a INT from Lawrence which was a great play by their LB, Agnew Fumble, Missed FG, we moved the ball well last time for 404 yards and 4 more minutes in time of possession.

so it isn't far fetched to say it really was alot closer than the score. but we lost the first one lets get the 2nd one.

(11-24-2023, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/172809...74098?s=20

No better than what we have

We're winning by 3 or beating the [BLEEP] out of them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-24-2023, 01:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Tyson out again, that one hurts.

Brown has been playing solid in his absent. It does hurt but not a total disaster.

Jags have lost 16 of last 19 to Houston.

Ouch

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 05:07 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-24-2023, 03:14 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 01:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Tyson out again, that one hurts.

Brown has been playing solid in his absent. It does hurt but not a total disaster.

This, im comfortable with Brown in there with the way he had played as of late. He should have lime 3 picks right now just from the few games he started. Hit him right in the hands he just dropped them

(11-24-2023, 02:28 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/172809...74098?s=20

No better than what we have

I haven't watched all of his snaps this year so I'm not sure if that's an accurate statement or not. If he is I'm sure Doug will get Baalke to sign him as he knows him from his days in Philly

We really need Zay and RRH in this game. I hope they both play

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 05:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2023, 03:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Jags have lost 16 of last 19 to Houston.

Ouch

We spilt the games with them last year and hopefully we can split the games with them this year and next year start a streak of sweeps

Noah Brown and Jimmy Ward out. 2 big pieces for them

(11-24-2023, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 03:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Jags have lost 16 of last 19 to Houston.

Ouch

We spilt the games with them last year and hopefully we can split the games with them this year and next year start a streak of sweeps

Noah Brown and Jimmy Ward out.  2 big pieces for them

Brown has been playing good for them.

(11-24-2023, 02:15 PM)icey14 Wrote: so many things went wrong back in week 3.

take away those 3 plays and it's a different game,  instead of losing 37-17 it could of been 24-23 Jaguars. 

for most of the game jags defense were playing well, we stopped them to a few 3 and outs. 4 punts.

we had a INT from Lawrence which was a great play by their LB, Agnew Fumble, Missed FG,  we moved the ball well last time for 404 yards and 4 more minutes in time of possession.

so it isn't far fetched to say it really was alot closer than the score. but we lost the first one lets get the 2nd one.

Pretty sure if you take away 3 key plays from any game you can affect the outcome drastically.

(11-24-2023, 09:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Tyson and Zay still questionable.  Jimmie Ward and Noah Brown haven't been practicing for Houston.

Sounds like Tyson is pretty much out based on what Doug was saying in his media availability meeting.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-24-2023, 10:28 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 06:14 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I hate when ya'll hijacked the topic with the foolishness because this is a big game. Please stay on topic for God's sake. ??????

Is this the one and only Mrs. Leopold Bortles, my fave fellow alum? Trust all's well with you and the family.

BritJag, to call me a female because we had a difference of an opinion on a certain former player is distasteful and disrespectful. 

Yes, I had a higher opinion of Blake than the rest on here but I would hope you have the maturity to move past the situation as I have done as well. I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan first and just like  you wants this team to be successful. 

I ask you respectfully, to address me by my gender and lets please discuss the current topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-24-2023, 06:59 PM)cland Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 02:15 PM)icey14 Wrote: so many things went wrong back in week 3.

take away those 3 plays and it's a different game,  instead of losing 37-17 it could of been 24-23 Jaguars. 

we had a INT from Lawrence which was a great play by their LB, Agnew Fumble, Missed FG,  we moved the ball well last time for 404 yards and 4 more minutes in time of possession.

Pretty sure if you take away 3 key plays from any game you can affect the outcome drastically.

Sure you can

The odds of the tinhorns getting lucky by Ridley dropping a TD and 8 Jags special teams players whiffing on stopping a kick return are astronomically low though. 

The game was an outlier poor performance from a Jags squad that has looked miles better in several games against better teams than the Houston squad. In case you missed the point.

(11-24-2023, 07:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 10:28 AM)BritJag Wrote: Is this the one and only Mrs. Leopold Bortles, my fave fellow alum? Trust all's well with you and the family.

BritJag, to call me a female because we had a difference of an opinion on a certain former player is distasteful and disrespectful. 

Yes, I had a higher opinion of Blake than the rest on here but I would hope you have the maturity to move past the situation as I have done as well. I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan first and just like  you wants this team to be successful. 

I ask you respectfully, to address me by my gender and lets please discuss the current topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?

(11-24-2023, 07:47 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 07:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: BritJag, to call me a female because we had a difference of an opinion on a certain former player is distasteful and disrespectful. 

Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?

[BLEEP] that.  I don’t like anybody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]