Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julius Thomas

I don't want to be an alarmist, but I am needing to see more from this guy.

Dropped a TD week one. Blake put it low- placing the ball where only JT would have a shot at it. It would have been a very good catch, but that's what I expect from my $60 million TE.

This last game, Blake puts a ball right on him in the end-zone, but the safety did a good job of coming up and batting the ball away. Ok. The defender made a play. Not JT's fault? I'm not so sure.

Personally, I'd like to see Thomas fight for that ball about 1000% more. For being the one of the biggest guys on the field, he certainly plays small. In my view, Thomas should have bodied up those DBs, and made a play on the ball.

Again, it would have taken some really nice effort to make that play in the endzone, but isn't that what we should expect from last year's high price free agent?

Not sure if this play has been discussed; any takes? Am I way off here, or am I within reason to expect more out of Juilus Thomas?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not concerned.

Not at all.

If he isn't making an impact by week 4 I'll worry.

So you agree with me HIGH SCORE? I've been saying it since the first game.

It looks like hes running in mud all the time.

Quote:So you agree with me HIGH SCORE? I've been saying it since the first game.

No, I don't agree with you. 

Quote:No, I don't agree with you.

Sureeeeeeee

Peyton made him look good. He's an avg TE.

Quote:Not concerned.

Not at all.

If he isn't making an impact by week 4 I'll worry.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkay.

Player performances cannot be judged via preseason, huh?

Quote:Peyton made him look good. He's an avg TE.

He is by far the best TE we have had in years.

I used a fantasy keeper on him . Gulp.

Quote:Sureeeeeeee

Sounds to me like you're agreeing with him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

What does he do well?  Honestly... what is it that he is REALLY GOOD at?

Blocking? No

Catching the ball?  Not really

Fighting for the ball? Guess not

Fast? Not that I can tell.

Agile? Does not appear to be.

??? anyone?

Quote:What does he do well?  Honestly... what is it that he is REALLY GOOD at?

Blocking? No

??? anyone?

Who do you think #80 is?:

Quote:What does he do well?  Honestly... what is it that he is REALLY GOOD at?

Blocking? No

??? anyone?

He runs well and has good size. 

My problem is he seems to have a bit of that patented Luke Joekel sawftness. Does not body up, does not fight for ball, and does not catch the ball exceptionally well.

I'm not ready to cut the guy. I think he will be good running up the seem, particularly as ARob attracts double coverage. I just don't think he is the red zone target we all hoped for.

Actually, and this pains me to say (considering I am the founder of the Marcedes Lewis anti-fanclub Est. 2010) but I think Marcedes offers more as a straight up red zone target. Sure he can't run, but he can post up in the endzone and is willing to be physical with DBs.

Quote:I don't want to be an alarmist, but I am needing to see more from this guy.

Dropped a TD week one. Blake put it low- placing the ball where only JT would have a shot at it. It would have been a very good catch, but that's what I expect from my $60 million TE.

This last game, Blake puts a ball right on him in the end-zone, but the safety did a good job of coming up and batting the ball away. Ok. The defender made a play. Not JT's fault? I'm not so sure.

Personally, I'd like to see Thomas fight for that ball about 1000% more. For being the one of the biggest guys on the field, he certainly plays small. In my view, Thomas should have bodied up those DBs, and made a play on the ball.

Again, it would have taken some really nice effort to make that play in the endzone, but isn't that what we should expect from last year's high price free agent?

Not sure if this play has been discussed; any takes? Am I way off here, or am I within reason to expect more out of Juilus Thomas?

I'm alarmed. I thought on the play you're referencing he ran a really bad route. Real round and casual.

Quote:He runs well and has good size.

My problem is he seems to have a bit of that patented Luke Joekel sawftness. Does not body up, does not fight for ball, and does not catch the ball exceptionally well.

I'm not ready to cut the guy. I think he will be good running up the seem, particularly as ARob attracts double coverage. I just don't think he is the red zone target we all hoped for.

Actually, and this pains me to say (considering I am the founder of the Marcedes Lewis anti-fanclub Est. 2010) but I think Marcedes offers more as a straight up red zone target. Sure he can't run, but he can post up in the endzone and is willing to be physical with DBs.

Julius had 5 TDs last year. Marcedes has 2 in the last 2 years combined.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm actually ready to sound the alarms. He's been below average at best and god awful at worst. This guy is getting paid elite level money and what has he done with it? He has not earned a single penny he has received since he signed with us. He has looked DIRE in the preseason, running lazy routes, looking slow and uninterested and the TD drop really is the icing on the cake. I was screaming my HEAD off yesterday when Blake rifled it into the endzone at him and he did nothing but let the safety swat it away. He just doesn't care, and he looks super out of shape as well. 

Quote:Julius had 5 TDs last year. Marcedes has 2 in the last 2 years combined.

Reading comprehension: It is a thing

Quote:Reading comprehension: It is a thing

Julius made 3 or 4 plays in the red zone last season that ol waffle iron hands could only make in his wildest dreams.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

In the second half of last season, after JT healed up and starting getting into the "groove" of the offense, he was a legitimate Red Zone target/weapon. Didn't he have a streak of games with a TD reception (IIRC,, without looking it up)?

He won't get a ton of receptions and yards on a weekly basis like he did in Denver with Manning (especially of AROB and Hurns stay healthy and get their expected targets). But, he'll be a serious weekly threat for a TD each time they get near the Red Zone (just like late last season).

That makes me not worried. The Jags have the receivers for tons of yards and receptions. I think JT will be very similar to what Tyler Eifert was for the Bengals last year: he didn't get a ton of yards and receptions each week,, but he was an absolute threat for a Red Zone TD.

It'll be fine (I'm hoping).