Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How would you fix the Chargers?

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a chargers fan. As a Jaguars fan, it is always good for us when another AFC team is bad. But just as a fan of football, what would you do if you were the owner of the chargers?

They have a very talented quarterback. He is definitely top seven or eight in the AFC. He has all the physical tools. But he doesn’t have the intangibles. At least he hasn’t shown them to me up to this point. Their head coach is incompetent. I’m not sure he should even be a defensive coordinator. They have significant talent all over the roster. At this point in the season, seeing what you have seen, what would be your next move?

If it were me fixing them, I would relieve the head coach of his duties today. I would slap the interim head coach title on Kellen Moore. I’d like to see if he has what it takes to be a head coach in this league. He has a reputation of being a good offensive coordinator, regardless of what I have seen out of that offense so far this year. Then I would conduct a thorough search for the top candidates for a new head coach. I would promise Kellen Moore that he would get an interview for head coach as part of taking the interim coaching job. But I would search all available head coaches. And I would start with Jim Harbaugh.

I would also begin a thorough search for a GM. The current GM should not get a chance to select a fourth head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would go with Moore to see if he can do it. If not, I would look at Brian Flores or Dan Quinn there.

Offensively that team is set. They just lack discipline on defense and can't finish games when they're up.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cousin in San Diego has been a Bolts fan since the 60's. He says that things won't change till the Spanos family is out of the picture. They are too cheap to buyout Staley and Tedesco. Which is why they will most likely stay with them for the remainder of thier contract. According to cuz.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-21-2023, 12:42 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cousin in San Diego has been a Bolts fan since the 60's. He says that things won't change till the Spanos family is out of the picture. They are too cheap to buyout Staley and Tedesco. Which is why they will most likely stay with them for the remainder of thier contract.  According to cuz.

This, very this.

First thing I thought was "I would force the franchise to be sold. Who the fart wants to work for that cheap bastard Spanos?"

From there you fire the GM and coach. And you find a way to teleport Mahomes into the sun so you have a shot at the division once in a while.

I wonder if a guy like Bienemy would do well there - he absolutely knows how the Chefs would operate, he's elevating Howell, and might be assertive enough that the guys find another level of fight for him. Right now they just seem pillow soft, ready to crumble no matter who the opponent is. That's been their MO for ages, though, all the way back to Fouts - champs in the regular season, but wilting come playoff time.

I don't think he and Spanos woiuld get along though - kinda like Marty and Modell back in the day. Owners don't like to be told they are wrong, and usually the end result is a good coach ends up elsewhere.