Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Path to the One Seed

We're still in this. Lawrence looks like he's playing this Sunday more than likely. 

[Image: OGC.adaf0c59bf4321c9e9b706a397b18082?pid...2ff8x1s%3d]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2023, 02:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We're still in this. Lawrence looks like he's playing this Sunday more than likely. 

[Image: OGC.adaf0c59bf4321c9e9b706a397b18082?pid...2ff8x1s%3d]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7jRWvdR5XQ

I see that most are very down on the Jaguars, but only 2 teams in the AFC have a better records than them.  The Jaguars are also only 3 point under-dogs tomorrow against one of those teams.  If the Jags win tomorrow, the #1 seed in the playoffs is very much back in the picture.  The final 3 games are favorable to the Jaguars.  Carolina is the consensus worst team in the NFL.  The Jaguars beat the Titans by 20 points earlier this year.  The Bucs are 6-7, but I think that they are over-rated with that record.  Their wins include the Panthers, Bears, Titans and 3 other teams that don't have a winning record.

If the Jaguars win out, all it would take is one loss by each of the Ravens, Dolphins and Chiefs with the Dolphin's loss needing to be to an AFC team.  That's not hard to see at all.  The Ravens and Dolphins play each other, so one of them is guaranteed to lose a game.  Additionally, the Ravens have to play the 49'ers next week.  The Dolphins have to play a team (the Bills) who beat them by 28 points earlier this season.  Unfortunately, the Chiefs schedule is a little easier.  The best team is the Bengals.  However, despite losing Burrows, the Bengals have won 3 straight games.  The Raiders are also an unpredictable team just coming off a 42 point victory.  If you haven't been following them, the Chiefs haven't been doing well lately.  They have lost 3 of their last 4 games and 4 of their last 6 games.  Not going 4-0 to finish the year wouldn't be all that surprising.

It all starts tomorrow.  Just win, baby!

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 10:30 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Browns are a factor as well if the ravens crumble to end the season and they have the H2H tie breaker against us already. We need them to lose a game as well in a scenario where the ravens lose to us and drop another game because they’d win their division if both they and the ravens wind up 12-5.

I lost focus a couple weeks ago, about this number 1 seed stuff. I’m back to 1 game at a time and whatever happens happens. Just win tonight and let the chips fall where they want.

(12-17-2023, 10:33 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I lost focus a couple weeks ago, about this number 1 seed stuff. I’m back to 1 game at a time and whatever happens happens. Just win tonight and let the chips fall where they want.

Agreed, I was just adding that there’s another wrinkle.  There’s a lot of things out of our control that need to happen and it’s more likely than not that they don’t all happen.  Just beat the ravens tonight and we can see where the chips fall in the weeks to come.

Not a chance....this weekend so for is horrible.... only one 7-6 team lost this weekend... Pittsburgh....and now Buffalo is winning....this game tonight is more important than ever and I don't think we have a chance in hell....

Path officially closed

/Thread

It's all been down hill since this stupid [BLEEP] thread was created. Thanks for the ultimate jinx.

Yeah think this thread jinxed the team.

Still kinda nostalgic to come and read it though

(12-18-2023, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: It's all been down hill since this stupid [BLEEP] thread was created. Thanks for the ultimate jinx.

BRB, starting a path to #1 pick in 2025 thread so we end up winning the SB next year

In true #becausejags fashion, we'll get busted for some violation and get docked our first round pick instead.

(12-18-2023, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: It's all been down hill since this stupid [BLEEP] thread was created. Thanks for the ultimate jinx.

I take full responsibility. I should have known this team is cursed and the Duval voodoo gods would awaken and delete this team from contention the second I made the thread! RIP!

/s

(12-18-2023, 10:49 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

I take full responsibility. I should have known this team is cursed and the Duval voodoo gods would awaken and delete this team from contention the second I made the thread! RIP!

/s

Wait, wait, wait...  I thought Snowy lifted the curse by selling his soul and kissing the goat?  You mean he sold his soul for nothing?

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:40 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 12:34 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:49 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I take full responsibility. I should have known this team is cursed and the Duval voodoo gods would awaken and delete this team from contention the second I made the thread! RIP!

/s

Wait, wait, wait...  I thought Snowy lifted the curse by selling his soul and kissing the goat?  You mean he sold his soul for nothing?

"What shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Certainly not this team. You'll get shortchanged.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-18-2023, 12:34 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:49 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I take full responsibility. I should have known this team is cursed and the Duval voodoo gods would awaken and delete this team from contention the second I made the thread! RIP!

/s

not nothing. He got to kiss a goat!