Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Path to the One Seed

Fun Fact. Mahomes has never won a playoff game except in Arrowhead. (not counting SB's)
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2023, 09:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Fun Fact.  Mahomes has never won a playoff game except in Arrowhead.  (not counting SB's)

Isn't this a fact due to the other fact that he's never had to travel anywhere during any playoff tournament? I think he's ONLY had home playoff games if I am not mistaken.

Sure would be nice to win out and force those [BLEEP] to maybe come down here but it's a tall order. We'll see. They have the tie breaker over our heads though. I said it back in week two man. Losing that game this early, in the manner in which we did?

It's potentially going to have massive implications down the road. But, again, one week at a time. We have to get past the tinhorns in Houston this Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-22-2023, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 09:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Fun Fact.  Mahomes has never won a playoff game except in Arrowhead.  (not counting SB's)

Isn't this a fact due to the other fact that he's never had to travel anywhere during any playoff tournament? I think he's ONLY had home playoff games if I am not mistaken.

Sure would be nice to win out and force those [BLEEP] to maybe come down here but it's a tall order. We'll see. They have the tie breaker over our heads though. I said it back in week two man. Losing that game this early, in the manner in which we did?

It's potentially going to have massive implications down the road. But, again, one week at a time. We have to get past the tinhorns in Houston this Sunday.

Yes, he's never had to play away from Arrowhead, but that doesn't make it not a fact.  Both statements are factual.   lol

(11-22-2023, 08:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Isn't this a fact due to the other fact that he's never had to travel anywhere during any playoff tournament? I think he's ONLY had home playoff games if I am not mistaken.

Yes, he's never had to play away from Arrowhead, but that doesn't make it not a fact.  Both statements are factual.   lol

What a trick. Haha

Officially the 1 seed as we speak, need KC to lose, they look bad so far. Down 7-0 Raiders are driving. Soon to be 10-0

[Image: F_49v73WMAE4Jvf?format=jpg&name=medium]

Just win baby.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(11-26-2023, 05:57 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Officially the 1 seed as we speak, need KC to lose, they look bad so far. Down 7-0 Raiders are driving. Soon to be 10-0

The Chiefs offense has been really poor, especially after halftime. I'm starting to wonder if even Mahomes is unable to make up for terrible wide receivers.

Long TD run by Jacobs. Raiders up 14-0

LFG RAIDERS! That SNF Ravens game may be for the conference. Couldn't ask for a better return to SNF. Wish Burrow wasn't hurt, would have been 2 absolute banger prime time games late in the season.

We are undefeated on the road. Do we really want home playoff games?

In fact, if this tend continues then why not just play every game away the years we are building the stadium? There are 32 teams, 4 teams share 2 stadiums so 30 stadiums in the NFL. That leaves 14 of them unused each week, no funds need to be used to "get the facility ready". Just use those NFL stadiums for our home games. The other city gets an extra NFL game, and we get to play away. LOL Now that is a bizarre solution, must be something I ate last night.

Being the two seed has the advantage of not having to play the Chiefs until at least championship game. Hopefully we can close this thing out for the 1 though. One week at a time..

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 03:05 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(11-28-2023, 01:13 PM)Newton Wrote: Being the two seed has the advantage of not having to play the Chiefs until at least championship game. Hopefully we can close this thing out for the 1 though. One week at a time..

This is a great point, but in reality the Chiefs are likely the 2 seed if we somehow pull off a 1 seed. Either way I am super stoked this is even a conversation this late vs last year we were clinging to dear life each week  Laughing

(11-28-2023, 03:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 01:13 PM)Newton Wrote: Being the two seed has the advantage of not having to play the Chiefs until at least championship game. Hopefully we can close this thing out for the 1 though. One week at a time..

This is a great point, but in reality the Chiefs are likely the 2 seed if we somehow pull off a 1 seed. Either way I am super stoked this is even a conversation this late vs last year we were clinging to dear life each week  Laughing
Man. This brings me back to last year.

Jags were 4-7 after the amazing comeback against the Ravens only to get throttled by Detroit in week 13. Then, my favorite run in Jags history begins. Probably my favorite season of all time.

(11-28-2023, 12:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We are undefeated on the road. Do we really want home playoff games?

In fact, if this tend continues then why not just play every game away the years we are building the stadium? There are 32 teams, 4 teams share 2 stadiums so 30 stadiums in the NFL. That leaves 14 of them unused each week, no funds need to be used to "get the facility ready". Just use those NFL stadiums for our home games. The other city gets an extra NFL game, and we get to play away. LOL Now that is a bizarre solution, must be something I ate last night.

LOL, this is bizarre enough to have merit. Especially being 6-0 on the road so far.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I want home playoff games!
Not concerned about the team's road record, just want to actually attend the games with the tickets I have reserved!

Hopefully some one knocks the chiefs out of the play offs before the jags get to them but either way, it’s should be a fun ride.

(11-28-2023, 04:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I want home playoff games!
Not concerned about the team's road record, just want to actually attend the games with the tickets I have reserved!

Agree, but if winning on the road vs losing at home gets us to the Superb Owl, then give me the Road Warriors.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

If we wind up the 1 seed, Colin Cowherd called it in the off season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieDftUyX3U

I think we have a good shot to get the 1 seed. Regardless if we achieve that or not, I think this team will make it to and win the AFC Championship and then face the 9ers again in the Super Bowl. Everyone will pick the 9ers to win based on what happened a few weeks ago, but pass protection will be better this time around and Dougie P will devise the right gameplan and we'll win our first Super Bowl. You guys ready for the ride?