Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Path to the One Seed

(11-28-2023, 09:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Hopefully some one knocks the chiefs out of the play offs before the jags get to them but either way, it’s should be a fun ride.

Hopefully we face all the best teams at full strength and win anyway.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Agreed it would be more satisfying to run the gauntlet than to get favorable matchups in the playoffs. But 10 years from now nobody remembers who you beat, only if you won the super bowl or not. We're a long way from that though.

As far as #1 seed, feels like 5-1 down the stretch is the minimum. Hard to predict with so many weeks left and so many potential tiebreak scenarios (2 way tie, 3 way tie, 4 way tie, etc...). As it stands now KC has the best conference record and they beat both us and Miami so they are in the driver seat for tiebreakers. Bal doesnt play KC but has games against us and Miami remaining. For now easier to assume we need to finish ahead of KC which means they need to lose one more game than us. At GB this weekend could be sneaky hard. Next game is home against Buffalo who is good enough to beat anyone and bad enough defensively to lose to anyone. After that KC has NE, LV, Cin, LAC. Possible they could slip up in any of those games but have to assume they'd win them if they need to.

As far as Baltimore, at first glance you'd think we would have to beat them to get home field however their schedule down the stretch is rough. Bye this week, home against Rams, then at Jax, at SF, home Miami, home Pittsburgh. They could easily lose 2 of those games even if they beat us. But realistically we can't rely on that.

And then Miami has 3 easier games upcoming at Was and then home against Ten and the Jets. But finish with Dal, at Bal, and Buffalo. Could easily lose any of those games. Wouldnt surprise me if they lose at least two. I'd be surprised if they finished higher than 12-5.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 11:33 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I think we end up 3rd or 4th, kinda like last year. I'm hoping that some scenario plays out where the Ravens play the Chefs before we do, cause I think they can take them down.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Just win. Let KC worry about controlling their destiny, we just have to keep winning and keep the pressure on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-29-2023, 11:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think we end up 3rd or 4th, kinda like last year.  I'm hoping that some scenario plays out where the Ravens play the Chefs before we do, cause I think they can take them down.

Yeah, I think the Ravens match up better against the Chiefs as well with their oline, they have a top 5 oline.

(11-29-2023, 11:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think we end up 3rd or 4th, kinda like last year.  I'm hoping that some scenario plays out where the Ravens play the Chefs before we do, cause I think they can take them down.

I think if we beat Baltimore we run the table. 5-1 if we lose to them, I don't see us losing again outside of the Ravens game. This team is getting hot, the tape doesn't lie... Trevor is playing better and the defense is good. When Campbell returns, this defense should feast vs the lesser offenses we are set to face (Cle/Cin/Ten/Car) and I like our chances vs Tampa. 5-1 or 6-0 is a real possibility.

I just want to leave the bank Monday night with the Jags a winner.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Jaguars control their destiny at this point in getting the #1 seed.  Win out and it is theirs.

The Jaguars have 3 losses.

Kansas City has 4 losses.

If the Jaguars hypothetically beat the Ravens, the Ravens would have 4 losses.

Miami has 3 losses, but I believe if both teams win out, the Jaguars would have the tie breaker advantage due to common games.

Jags have a better conference record than balt and Miami.

So we Benifits most by KC loss.

We still gotta win ourselves now

It's SIMPLE

Win tomorrow, we hold the tie breakers, we are the JUAN SEED! Big Grin Big Grin

JUST WIN BABY!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think the Jaguars control their own destiny and are the only team that does currently in the AFC. Win out and we are #1. Our toughest test will be the Ravens, but it is a home game. I like our top tier run defense to make it hard for them though. Not sure if our offense will show up or not, that is always the question. It sucks that Denver and Tennessee choked today. We could have basically been 3 or 4 games up in the division.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 08:34 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-04-2023, 12:57 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I think the Jaguars control their own destiny and are the only team that does currently in the AFC.  Win out and we are #1.  Our toughest test will be the Ravens,  but it is a home game.  I like our top tier run defense to make it hard for them though.  Not sure if our offense will show up or not,  that is always the question.  It sucks that Denver and Tennessee choked today.  We could have basically been 3 or 4 games up in the division.

With tie breakers, we are 3 games up.  Don't worry about what the clots or tinhorns do unless we see them again in the playoffs.  Neither are catching us.  The division is all but wrapped up.  The only question is will we wind up the 1 seed or not.

(12-04-2023, 01:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:57 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I think the Jaguars control their own destiny and are the only team that does currently in the AFC.  Win out and we are #1.  Our toughest test will be the Ravens,  but it is a home game.  I like our top tier run defense to make it hard for them though.  Not sure if our offense will show up or not,  that is always the question.  It sucks that Denver and Tennessee choked today.  We could have basically been 3 or 4 games up in the division.

With tie breakers, we aren 3 games up.  Don't worry about what the clots or tinhorns do unless we see them again in the playoffs.  Neither are catching us.  The division is all but wrapped up.  The only question is will we wind up the 1 seed or not.

That is a nice thought..  I just don't want to see Houston or Indianapolis for a third time.  However it shakes out.

I’m surprised the packers won. I missed the game, so I’m just going by the score.

Go jags!

We officially control our destiny. Win out and we get the 1 seed.

HOLY SANTA CLAUS [BLEEP] CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY

ALL HAIL THE DECEMBER FRIEND

(12-04-2023, 12:49 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Miami has 3 losses, but I believe if both teams win out, the Jaguars would have the tie breaker advantage due to common games.

I believe this is right. Common opponents are KC, Buf, Bal, Ten, and Car.  Miami currently has two losses against this group and we only have one.

Just got to take it one game at a time.

(12-04-2023, 12:57 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:  It sucks that Denver and Tennessee choked today.  We could have basically been 3 or 4 games up in the division.

Well one silver lining is the Texans beating the Broncos does officially clinch the tiebreaker over them. So us finishing the year at least 4-2 guarantees us the division regardless of what Texans and colts do.

And Im pretty confident both of them will lose at least one game down the stretch (they play each other which helps) and in that case we'd need to only finish 3-3 to win division. 

It'd have to be a pretty big choke job in which case we probably wouldn't even deserve it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ran...0c29&ei=17
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."