Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Path to the One Seed

If we win tonight, week 13 ends with us being in 1st place in the AFC.

I don't believe we have held this position, at least not this late in the season, since 1999.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2023, 02:01 PM)Predator Wrote: If we win tonight, week 13 ends with us being in 1st place in the AFC.

I don't believe we have held this position, at least not this late in the season, since 1999.

Prince wrote a song for just such an occasion.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 03:54 PM by ShivanWurm. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-04-2023, 01:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:57 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I think the Jaguars control their own destiny and are the only team that does currently in the AFC.  Win out and we are #1.  Our toughest test will be the Ravens,  but it is a home game.  I like our top tier run defense to make it hard for them though.  Not sure if our offense will show up or not,  that is always the question.  It sucks that Denver and Tennessee choked today.  We could have basically been 3 or 4 games up in the division.

With tie breakers, we are 3 games up.  Don't worry about what the clots or tinhorns do unless we see them again in the playoffs.  Neither are catching us.  The division is all but wrapped up.  The only question is will we wind up the 1 seed or not.

I was rooting for the Texans yesterday. We have no game with Denver this year so they are mostly irrelevant to us at this point, but Houston? Houston we have 2 games against and we’ve played all of them so their winning actually boost our SoS and SoV and gives us better tie breaker stats.

Colts vs Titans was a bit of a wash since they are both in division and ones win canceled by the others loss in tie breaker metrics. It was just a matter of which you hated more or if you wanted a chance on seeing the Colts that we beat twice in the playoffs. Or just want the Titans to give up and roll over by week 18.

(12-04-2023, 03:45 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: With tie breakers, we are 3 games up.  Don't worry about what the clots or tinhorns do unless we see them again in the playoffs.  Neither are catching us.  The division is all but wrapped up.  The only question is will we wind up the 1 seed or not.

I was rooting for the Texans yesterday. We have no game with Denver this year so they are mostly irrelevant to us at this point, but Houston? Houston we have 2 games against and we’ve played all of them so their winning actually boost our SoS  and SoV and gives us better tie breaker stats.

Colts vs Titans was a bit of a wash since they are both in division and ones win canceled by the others loss in tie breaker metrics. It was just a matter of which you hated more or if you wanted a chance on seeing the Colts that we beat twice in the playoffs. Or just want the Titans to give up and roll over by week 18.
First. I'll almost never root for a division rival.

Second, I certainly won't root for Houston to win because I would rather see Denver in the playoffs than Houston.

(12-04-2023, 03:45 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: With tie breakers, we are 3 games up.  Don't worry about what the clots or tinhorns do unless we see them again in the playoffs.  Neither are catching us.  The division is all but wrapped up.  The only question is will we wind up the 1 seed or not.

I was rooting for the Texans yesterday. We have no game with Denver this year so they are mostly irrelevant to us at this point, but Houston? Houston we have 2 games against and we’ve played all of them so their winning actually boost our SoS and SoV and gives us better tie breaker stats.

That seems odd. First and foremost, I would want the largest lead possible over all division rivals. Allows you to clinch earlier and then start vying for playoff seeding.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-04-2023, 06:20 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 03:45 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: I was rooting for the Texans yesterday. We have no game with Denver this year so they are mostly irrelevant to us at this point, but Houston? Houston we have 2 games against and we’ve played all of them so their winning actually boost our SoS and SoV and gives us better tie breaker stats.

That seems odd. First and foremost, I would want the largest lead possible over all division rivals. Allows you to clinch earlier and then start vying for playoff seeding.

Playoff seeding is why I was in favor of the Texans that game. I have little doubts we will win the division. They can best serve us by giving us better tie breakers over the other division leaders.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 08:36 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

its simple now jags win remaining 6 games ,and we have 1 seed you lose a game dolphins or ravans get 1 seed, and we drop down to 4rth behind chiefs.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We'll be lucky to get a 5th - 7th seed now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

#becausejaguars

Welp. Was a pipe dream in the first place but it was in our hands and our defense [BLEEP] the bed. I just hope Trevor is OK at this point. Might as well trot our Rourke for the rest of the year and let him get time, we are finishing with 8 wins anyway.

Dream's dead.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 02:52 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Massive road block. Jags need to take it one game at a time starting vs the browns,

Go jags!

If pederson can do it with Foles he can do it with Beathord #still believe.

This game was lost by the defense. Looking at u Caldwell.

Feeling like this thread should be closed forever, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We HAD a path.

Then we took a left turn, got lost in the woods, got bitten by a tropical insect named "injury" , fell into the quicksand of our defense returning to planet earth after playing over their collective heads, and then a game warden wearing white and black stripes issued us an unwarranted citation.

The path to find now is any way to win the division.
It is not going to be straight or downhill at this point.

(12-05-2023, 11:56 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Feeling like this thread should be closed forever, lol.

Agreed, and in the future if a poster decides to jinx us again, please ignore.....heh
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-05-2023, 12:06 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 11:56 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Feeling like this thread should be closed forever, lol.

Agreed, and in the future if a poster decides to jinx us again, please ignore.....heh

Too late 

I started a path to division title thread

Big Grin

(12-05-2023, 06:10 AM)surfon Wrote: If pederson can do it with Foles he can do it with Beathord #still believe.

This game was lost by the defense.  Looking at u Caldwell.

Correct, the D hung back on their heels the whole game. It was embarrassing.

I don't necessarily get the dumping CJB has received during his time here. He's perfectly fine as a backup. There's no way he or anybody else that we could sign would be a one-to-one replacement of Trevor and his skillset; He was up to the task last night, and I'm confident that he'll do ok in temporary relief duty. OK may be enough to get a few wins in Trevor's absence, it may not. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost to a team already on the ropes.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 03:50 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

At this point it's just don't talk about the playoffs, we just hope to win a game. If we do that, we may get almost everyone back including our QB and then maybe make a run. Beathard played well when he was in there, and was protected. Honestly if McManus didn't miss we would be singing a much different tune, as we would have won it with his last FG. Neither defense was clamping down. Very loose and vulnerable on short passes.

It was fine while it lasted