Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Typical woman....... she just couldn't keep her big yap shut......

Winner of $1.35B Mega Millions jackpot suing daughter's mother for allegedly telling his family about the win

The man is seeking damages from his daughter's mother for revealing his win and potentially jeopardizing his public identity and safety

A Maine man who won the $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot is suing his daughter's mother for allegedly telling his family about the win against his wishes.

The man is taking legal action after winning the Maine state lottery back in January. He selected the one-time cash payment of $723.56 million that would give him just over $404 million after taxes.

His identity was unlikely to be determined because he had the option of claiming the winnings under a trust to keep his identity hidden.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/winn...-about-win
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought the title on the subject line was harsh .... but .....

One needs to read the entire article to fully understand that he has a solid position in this lawsuit as he opted to keep his identity hidden and the lady even signed an NDA agreeing not to disclose his winnings to anyone. Furthermore, in the event she did disclose the information, she was required to inform him within 24 hours, to which she did not comply. The interesting thing is the daughter was going to get $$$$ when she turned 18 so the mom was probably pissed that she was not legally bound to get some of the winnings. I'm most certain she was compensated for signing the NDA but ...... couldn't keep her mouth shut ...

Being a dude that dresses like a lady yet still managing to be a prejudiced misogynist has to be some kind of rare talent.

LOL

Anyway.
Boy, would I love to have this John Doe's problems.

(11-21-2023, 11:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I thought the title on the subject line was harsh .... but .....

One needs to read the entire article to fully understand that he has a solid position in this lawsuit as he opted to keep his identity hidden and the lady even signed an NDA agreeing not to disclose his winnings to anyone.  Furthermore, in the event she did disclose the information, she was required to inform him within 24 hours, to which she did not comply.    The interesting thing is the daughter was going to get $$$$ when she turned 18 so the mom was probably pissed that she was not legally bound to get some of the winnings.  I'm most certain she was compensated for signing the NDA but ...... couldn't keep her mouth shut ...

This guy doesn't sound very bright.  A lawsuit just escalates his media exposure to a whole new level, and the details become public record.  What recoverable damages has he suffered?  I don't see a jury being very sympathetic to anyone who just won that kind of money.  

Like NYC4jags said, who wouldn't love to have this guy's problems.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-21-2023, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Being a dude that dresses like a lady yet still managing to be a prejudiced misogynist has to be some kind of rare talent.

LOL

Anyway.
Boy, would I love to have this John Doe's problems.
Maybe he/she also can't keep their big yap shut......

I could say something but.....  Ninja

(11-21-2023, 02:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I could say something but.....  Ninja

but you can't because you signed an NDA ?  Smile

(11-22-2023, 05:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Laughing

(11-22-2023, 05:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Laughing

(11-21-2023, 01:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 11:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I thought the title on the subject line was harsh .... but .....

One needs to read the entire article to fully understand that he has a solid position in this lawsuit as he opted to keep his identity hidden and the lady even signed an NDA agreeing not to disclose his winnings to anyone.  Furthermore, in the event she did disclose the information, she was required to inform him within 24 hours, to which she did not comply.    The interesting thing is the daughter was going to get $$$$ when she turned 18 so the mom was probably pissed that she was not legally bound to get some of the winnings.  I'm most certain she was compensated for signing the NDA but ...... couldn't keep her mouth shut ...

This guy doesn't sound very bright.  A lawsuit just escalates his media exposure to a whole new level, and the details become public record.  What recoverable damages has he suffered?  I don't see a jury being very sympathetic to anyone who just won that kind of money.  

Like NYC4jags said, who wouldn't love to have this guy's problems.

If he paid her to sign he NDA, he could recoup those funds;
He can also require her to pay his legal fees, further penalizing her for violating the agreement;
He gets to be more petty than she was in disclosing his windfall against his wishes. This is important to petty folks.